2015 MCLAREN 650S LOADED PEARL WHITE/ RED CRAZY LEASE TAKEOVER | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2015 MCLAREN 650S LOADED PEARL WHITE/ RED CRAZY LEASE TAKEOVER

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by shawnmkrt, Sep 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    I've had two more people apply and get denied,

Ally just won't budge.

Someone has to qualify! come on I'm giving free transfer and one free month that drops the payment to 2900 something a month and you get over 11,000 miles a year to use guys no brainer!

2. DoctorWill

DoctorWill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    Playa Vista
    Full Name:
    Will
    Very tempted....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

This is probably the way to go if you can't transfer the lease. Find the buyout price and sell it for a loss. Each month you keep it is $ lost with no use. Been there.

Sent from my 16M

4. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    I still enjoy driving it, but this lease is crazy there is almost 12,000 miles per year to use with a closed end lease.. unheard of I just need the right qualified buyer. Two more people denied.. alot of these applicants are most likely dreamers more then anything.

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Rookie

Dec 10, 2006
    My 3 children's daycare costs amount to more per month than your lease. I doubt it's dreamers, per se, and more to do with Ally. Plenty of folks have had difficulty with them, including myself.

6. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    Not sure why, They approved me in 5 minutes.

7. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    Bump still available,

One month free and free transfer!

Drive a 340K mclaren for 3k a month and get 12,000 miles per year to drive it!!

8. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    Not trying to be negative, but why not sell the car at a loss and move on? The monthly payments youre making while trying to rid the car in this method have already added to your loss. Just trying to understand the logics behind it that's all

9. Supima

Supima Karting

Mar 14, 2016
    NY
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Voluntarily surrender the vehicle to the leasing company to stop your payments and insurance. They will sell the car at auction or other means and send you a bill for the difference where you have an opportunity to negotiate with them.. It should not be a negative mark on your credit if you pay the full difference but if you negotiate with them on the balance I believe your credit will have a mark.

Hope this was helpful to you or someone else as not many people know they have this option to them.

Vincent

10. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    +1 Unfortunately, it seams that this might be your best option right now.

11. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    Then i will have to buy the car first under my name, pay full taxes on the car then resell it.. waste of 20k Right now im just paying taxes on the payment, and the payoff goes down roughly by 2k on every payment. Only realistic way to get rid of it is to transfer it, trade it in and get hosed, or give it back to ally and ruin my credit which I'm not doing. This is a great deal for someone who can qualifiy.

12. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    This payment isn't that far off 570S lease payments that I'm seeing. Killer deal on a lot of car. It's too bad that Ally is so difficult to work with.

13. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #63 SoCal to az, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    The problem is you can buy a loaded 650s with minimal miles for a little over 200k on the secondary market. You have a great offer but are competing against a cold resale market for the 650s. Especially with the p14 coming in a few months. Sell the car and move on or use the 11k a year miles to have fun with it.

Another option- sell the 458. Those are a lot easier to move- you can always rebuy it later. Keep the car that is more difficult to get rid of! Enjoy your 11k a year miles, then turn in the car and get whatever you want.

14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Just a thought , you could somehow subsidize the lease to make it more attractive. I'm not sure that's an option.

15. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Kirk, I think he's done that a little bit by offering one free month. At least I think I remember reading that.

16. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#66 Cigarzman, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Ron , I'm thinking it's gonna take a helava lot more than a month. That's where I was going with it. It's a great looking rig and I hope he gets a deal. Best , Kirk. Ps. That's why I would never lease it ties you up with a car and you are generally upside down sooner than later.

17. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yep you're right he may need to sweeten the pot a little bit.

18. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Or sell the 458 and just drive the darn thing.

19. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Best idea....

20. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    The 458 i own outright and is really a weekend car, if I sell the 458 buy a normal car and turn my mclaren into a weekend car it will really only be driven 3000 to 4000 miles a year.. and all those miles I paid for would go to waste if it was the other way around I would of course sell the 458 in a second.

21. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    Possible if anyone is interested make me an offer and pm me.

22. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005

You're generally always not going to win with any car unless you are a lucky special buyer who can get one of those super rare ferraris, or a new ferrari the first few months and just to flip it not put any miles on it.

For example I bought a 2015 458 italia brand new at msrp 288,000
    paid somewhere like 30,000 in california taxes, registration/fees

So i'm 318,000 all in, I've had it for a year and a half and since I own the car I'm reluctant on using crazy miles since it will depreciate the **** out of it but I still like to drive it. So I've only put on 4500/5000 miles.

I can probably sell it at best right now for what 220-230? If i cosign it at a ferrari dealer that will take another 7% off the price what I sell it for and I've had it over a year and only barely driven it.

With mclaren lease, you know what your spending $112,000 can drive it for 3 years and drive the **** out of it 38,000 miles is left to use. Not have to worry about depreciation, and selling it.

If i could daily drive it I would keep it, and I def wouldn't recommend anyone taking this car unless they are planning on dailying it.

23. adc

adc Karting

Feb 1, 2009
    Will Ally really transfer lease to another person? They "say" lease is transferrable but at the end of the day you presented quite a few people to them. What is their motivation to transfer lease? Does this make business sense for them? Sure, the right thing to do is help you out but they don't really care about you personally.

24. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, its been done before.

They said they need to find someone equal or better then my credit criteria which not only includes credit score, but prior history in buying/ leasing cars.

25. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    Think I saw you on Ventura last night. :)
    Beautiful car!