Official book collectors thread | Page 84 | FerrariChat

Official book collectors thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by lil squid, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thank you for letting us know!

Jack

2. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    If anyone has a copy of Scarlet Passion and would be willing to give a review I'd be most grateful.

Cheers
    Matt

3. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    If the English language translation maintains the integrity of the original book, which I have read in its entirety, I would highly recommend it. In Italian, I found it to be very well written. Most importantly, though, a significant amount of the information it contains has never been available previously in an English language publication.

4. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Hi Matt
    It's a good book. It was written by the late Anthony Pritchard, who was well-known for his research. Tony tells the story well, including interviews with Forghieri, Redman and Surtees. There are also some useful Appendices - a guide to the main people involved, specifications, championship results, and even some chassis information.
    There are more than 200 b/w photos, and 32pgs of colour photos. This is my only gripe - which Haynes, the publishers, are responsible for - the colour photos are in two 16pg sections instead of being spread throughout the book in the correct places. This was a typical Haynes method of cost-cutting. Shame, but overall an interesting book, and a welcome addition to my Ferrari library.
    Nathan

5. LMike

LMike Rookie

Sep 2, 2009
    Does anybody know how much an original, authentic owners manual for a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO is worth? I'm interested in obtaining one. Thanks

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    That's new to me, an owners manual for a GTO??? You sure?

Marcel Massini

7. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    There isn't one.
    Nathan

8. LMike

LMike Rookie

Sep 2, 2009
  9. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
  10. LMike

LMike Rookie

Sep 2, 2009
    I had a similar thought along those lines when I saw the picture, it looked like a manual and pouch I had seen before that was related to anything other than a GTO. Thanks for the clarification, sure wish there actually was a GTO manual though.

11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    They made 36 GTOs and 32 250 LMs. No owners manual for the GTO but they made one for the 250 LM! A much rarer car than any GTO! How kool is that?

Marcel Massini

12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #2087 Marcel Massini, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. MHK69

MHK69 Karting

Mar 14, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt K
    Thanks Nathan

I'm going to add a copy to my library, they can be had at a reasonable price too.

Matt

14. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #2089 Marcel Massini, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Excellent cover design. It looks far better than their F1 racing efforts this year deserve, should have done it blank with no image and a big black border...

Thank you Marcel for sharing that cover image here!

16. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Dear Sir,
    Would you please be so kind to name a shop or place where one can buy or order these books? Thank you.

Otto

17. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Hi Otto
    I get my copies from Luca at Shopping F1 - Shopping Formula 1 Maranello
    Always everything well packed.
    Nathan

18. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Great! Thanks a lot!

19. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    I today received issue 33 (with the LaFerrari Aperta on the cover). M. Massini posted on Oct 10 receiving it, and he has now received the 2016 Yearbook. While I would expect he would have priority in getting publications, I'm wondering if other US subscribers already received issue 33 awhile ago?

20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I have zero priority in getting any publication. The so-called "TOFM Yearbook" came out mid-December 2016.
    On the other hand, a certain American Ferrari magazine needs more than 2 (two!) months to arrive in Switzerland.

Marcel Massini

21. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I am afraid to have to say that Ferrari spa is a little careless about sending their TOFM's to different corners in the world. Honestly, I phoned my Ferrari Dealership (in Belgium) 2 days ago, and the TOFM Yearbook hadn't even arrived there, imagine. It has nothing to do with priority, I am sure. But Ferrari doesn't send out everything on the same day, that's clear. And the USA Customs often likes to take the opportunity of withholding packages for weeks, but that's another matter.

22. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #2097 Marcel Massini, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    TOFM has virtually nothing and/or very little to do with the factory in Maranello. It is done, printed and distributed by some foreign publishing company, on behalf of the factory.
    I normally get the magazine from the official factory distributor (a mailing and marketing company) in Switzerland (NOT an official Ferrari dealership where cars are being sold!), NOT Italy (and I live in Switzerland). Package is usally sent to me by Economy and not by Priority mail (which means it takes longer).
    The name of that company is: IMD-EMD-Group.
    Maimar Mailing & Marketing SA, PO Box 4134, CH-6904 Lugano, Switzerland.
    www.imd-emd-group.com

Marcel Massini

23. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Thank you for this valuable info, Mr.Massini.

24. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    Thank you Mr. Massini and Strad for your responses, which remind me that the US distributor and US Customs may also cause variability in delivery time. I noticed beginning with Issue 32 that I was receiving the magazine much later than previously, which was when a new US distributor began shipping them (Skybridge).

I'm curious if other US subscribers are experiencing similar delay?

25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    They also changed from 4 to 3 issues per year only (number of issues per year reduced). Which means it comes only every four months or so.

Marcel Massini