The last finale gone. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The last finale gone.

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by YellowF50, Feb 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The same could be said of most sports cars or supercars.

They are status symbols, but there is nothing wrong in that.

They are also engineering masterpieces for the connoisseurs.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I agree that most like you say are like that, which is why I no longer like most sports cars and supercars. I do like the ones where they actually have racing variants (nowadays the GT3 spec cars and their road equivalents). Not many supercars have raced recently like the MC12 and Ford GT.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I know what you are saying, but in fairness, Supercars cannot race because there is no series for them.

The Maserati MC12 you mentioned, was refused to race at Le Mans or in the WEC at the time, and only accepted in the Stephan Ratel GT1 series because it was restricted and ballasted to bring it down to the level of other cars!

But even the cars that are accepted in GT3 racing (Blancpain) are often less powerful than their road cars equivalent, thanks to the BOP. That's the case of the Ferrari 488, the McLaren 650S, and many others. It doesn't make sense to me, but there it is.

In WEC, it's even worse, IMO, with the organisers restricting the GTEs to stop them going faster than the LMP2s! So, you have these marvellous GT prototypes, restricted and ballasted to death, so that they don't upset the ranking! It's farcical ...

I agree with you, there should be a series for Supercars, but no organisers, no sporting body seems interested. Probably because it would be near impossible to regulate!

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #29 ryalex, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    ^
    What I want to see are Japanese "Best Motoring" style races of unmodified, retail versions of cars. No extra brakes, roll cages, slicks, etc. Straight off the showroom floor.

Driver gets a suit, helmet, HANS and that's it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYlDhzqfhUg[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAzM8_Hfrxs[/ame]

5. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    THIS was the founding basis for the Gran Turismo game. I love the idea and i'm certain the show would be a huge hit.

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Logistically, I'm sure it's a nightmare since they have to get their hands on the cars. You couldn't let official manufacturers or teams be involved or they would cheat. You need a neutral management that sources the cars and makes sure they're not modified (although Best Motoring does use tuner cars too, and they specify).

Actually kind of reminds me of what UFC started out as - live Street Fighter 2 - versus the "MMA" format that is largely Brazilian jiujitsu and Muy Thai.