Are 50k TR's in our near future?? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Are 50k TR's in our near future??

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gsworld2014, Jan 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    I'm happy this thread was started almost 1 year ago.... a lot of people were upset and said there was no basis for the thought of lower TR prices.

I hope everyone that owns one is enjoying it and everyone that wants one can purchase one. They are great Ferrari's.

2. Ferrarifan2016

Ferrarifan2016 Karting

Oct 26, 2016
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Jack
    There is no basis for prices lower, I agree!

$50K TRs are impossible I think is provedn

EDIT: I read first few pages now and understand. Prices to start were $150K and now DOW is not 5K but 20K so maybe the thread was interesting

I still think <$50K are impossible even if DOW is 15K from 20K today but maybe when it gets warmer

3. stalwart

stalwart Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    #228 stalwart, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    6 months back I pulled mine out of the garage, it was on the storage lift for 23 years. White/Black 8100 miles, I'm the second owner, the first was Floyd Rose of guitar "whammy bar" fame. Put it in the hands of an eminently capable mechanic working at the local RR, Bentley Lambo. dealer and turned him loose. Full heavy done and EVERY system was checked and rebuilt where needed and every fluid changed including a full A/C service. Months and $30K+ later car runs superb still on original tires, unsafe for driving but still look perfect (dark garage).

Needless to say it isn't a $50K car now . . . actually never was. It now sleeps with a POS Countach (not all, just this one) and all sorts of new Lambos and RR cars.

Found a great place to rebuild window motors, my right one was frozen and for less than 250.00 it came back perfect.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    That is not a 50k car... it is beautiful. The point of my post was at the time the "average" car was going for $150k or so.... now that average is closer to 100k and dropping. Your car as are many out there, is more special..

The second point of my post is who cares how much they are worth... it's a car made to drive and enjoy

5. stalwart

stalwart Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    I actually care what its worth since I will be parting with it, but thanks for your kind words. Hard to part with it really, you guys would understand that. I had it serviced before parking it because our first daughter was on the way, little did I know so much time would pass. This is the only vehicle that my wife has never driven, it was our dating car. Still LOVE the brand, it just doesn't fit my lifestyle any more. I still remember the evenings, with a beverage in hand, admiring her (TR) charms. It was my dream car realized, I bought it when I was 29, now I'm older and a pickup kind of guy.

6. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I never became a pickup kind of guy! Even at my age I still want a sporty kind of car.

7. stalwart

stalwart Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    #232 stalwart, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Understood, perhaps I'll find I miss that in the future but I still have one kid in the nest at driving age. Still my pickup is no total slouch, 440 hp 925 Lb.ft. of torque and has jobs to do between the house on acreage and the cabin in the mountains. I'd assume TR's don't like snow very much. I didn't like driving mine in the rain, hence only 6,000 miles for the 2 years I drove it everywhere, still it's the Seattle area. Sure ran good driving it that much, prior owner only drove it to the golf course once a week.

8. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Dude, LOVE the white TR!! Miami Vice was my favorite show (ever) and this is a dream car to many MV fans. You are a lucky man. Enjoy it :)

9. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    It sure is nice in white ! All the best in the sale !