Michelin Sport Cup 2 for Scuderia | FerrariChat

Michelin Sport Cup 2 for Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tims16M, Dec 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tims16M

Tims16M Karting

May 14, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Anyone have any experience with Michelin Sport Cup 2 or SuperSport on the Scuderia? Approved tire?

2. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I have the supersports on mine and they're really great. Sticky with little road noise and a good ride. I had sport cup 2's on a 911 and they were great as well...probably wear a little better too.

3. johan6504

johan6504 Formula 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Johan
    I have the Cup 2 but for track use I dont like them. They are probably better on the slightly heaver Porsche 991. I have problem getting correct temp in them and prefer the Pirelli trofeo R on the Scud. For daily driving they are ok.

4. IcedAmericano

IcedAmericano Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2013
    SoCal.
    Super Sports on my Scud and I'll replace with same when the time comes...

5. Julian Thompson

Julian Thompson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 25, 2016
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Julian Thompson
    Cup 2 are very sensitive to camber. I run them on my 991 GT3 and they're great on that car but I tried them previously on my 991 GTS and they were awful and the gts had no way to dial in the camber like the gt3 does.

I'm thinking it would be very interesting to run a 360 on these tires but it would require some setup messing, I suspect.

6. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I have them on my scud. Great tires!!

7. frafoss

frafoss Rookie

Jun 8, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Frank Foss
    Scud with Cup 2 are great at road and tracks like Nürburgring. Other Scud owners reports that Pirelli Trofeo R are more sticky, but worse in wet.

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Cups are my fave road & track tire to date.

I run them on the low side, even for the street. Connects great and gobs of grip. Highly recommemd especially if you're doing only 5-10k miles a year.

9. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Running Cup 2's on my 16M - great tyres.

10. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What kind of pressures are you guys using on street and track? I'm having a full service done in Jan which will include installing new RSC1 pads front/rear and a set of MPSC2's.

11. Julian Thompson

Julian Thompson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 25, 2016
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Julian Thompson
    Do you guys wind in more camber on the front?

12. Thrasher

Thrasher Formula Junior

May 26, 2012
    London UK
    I run Cup2 on my Stradale - really good, cannot complain about the grip.
    Car behaved really well on them at Silverstone this past weekend, even though it was freezing cold outside (deg 8C / 46F)

13. Quilty

Quilty Karting

Mar 1, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I have them on my Scuderia, and they are way better for street driving than the original Pirelli Corsas. I like the Super Sports too, and I have set on my M5. They just don't have as much grip as the Cup 2s.

14. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Just beware that the Sport Cup 2s lose grip when ambient temps fall below 40-45 degrees Fahrenheit. Some say they also don't work well when raining hard enough to have standing water.

15. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Have the Cup 2's on my Scud. Great tires. Better grip than Super Sport.

16. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Correct. I learned this the hard way on a cold, pouring san francisco morning, at an uphill red light. Rear just kicked out, car slid backwards and grinded against the curb, then forwards again, because well, I can't just park it in the middle of the road lol.

Expensive mistake. Had to replace the HRE rim, but the tire itself took zero damage, so that's a plus! and testament the cup sidewalls are sturdy!