Ferrari to build and auction off LaFerrari #500 to aid quake victims | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari to build and auction off LaFerrari #500 to aid quake victims

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Caeruleus11, Sep 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #51 joe sackey, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This may possibly be so with the La Ferrari, or other models in the current era.

But with past-era cars such as as the GTO, F40, F50 and Enzo, production & post-production manufacture happened.

Production can be defined as the total number of allocations available for a model run, based on which an established production line is set up. Once the allocations are satisfied, and you can no longer order and purchase that model, the production has come to an end.

For example, with the Enzo, production was 399 cars.

The rest are post-production cars.

I have a client who has a post-production Enzo.

It does not have the "399 Limited Production" plaque in the cockpit.

I believe all the production cars have this plaque, but, am not sure the post-production cars do.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. David Hudson

David Hudson Karting

Jan 20, 2008
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    David Hudson
    Hi Joe,

I found an article published in the 2005 Ferrari Yearbook with some details on pages 208-213 about Sotheby’s At Ferrari which described the first auction held at the Fiorano Circuit in collaboration with Ferrari. It includes a partial photo of the inscription noted in your post, as well as a partial photo of the car with the hood open. From page 210 "The €1 million raised by the sale of the unique Enzo (no. 400) built as a gift from Luca di Montezemolo to the late Pope was donated to charity. Note the dedication from the President under the bonnet.” From page 211 “…...The Enzo no. 400, specially commissioned by President Luca di Montezemolo himself as a gift for the late Pope John Paul II, made over €1 million, every penny of which will be donated to charity…..” From page 213, the article went on to mention the event being hosted by Jean Todt who they quote as saying “It was the first time we’d done this and it proved a very interesting experience. We learned a lot. In fact, the most important lesson was that collectors nowadays are spending increasingly large amounts of money and so want to protect their investment”. It was no coincidence therefore that Ferrari itself certified all the cars that went under the hammer at the auction.

Best Regards, David

3. Greg23

Greg23 Karting
    Owner

Jun 1, 2011
    CH, ITA, USA
    Full Name:
    Greg B.
    Spot on!

4. RMSotheby's

RMSotheby's Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    RM Sotheby's
    #55 RMSotheby's, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all!

Just wanted to remind you that this very special LaFerrari will be auctioned this coming Saturday. It is a great pleasure for us to work directly with Ferrari to offer this very special car for a very worthy cause. All proceeds from the sale will benefit the the reconstruction of Central Italy in the aftermath of the devastating earthquakes earlier this year. the auction will be held in collaboration with the National Italian American Foundation’s Earthquake Relief Fund.

To accommodate widespread interest in this very special charity lot, we are offering a variety of remote bidding options, including telephone and absentee bidding, for those unable to attend the event in person.

The car itself boasts a one-of-a-kind livery and interior, designed as a tribute to Italy, with a special plaque to commemorate the occasion. This will be the 500th and final LaFerrari produced and thus will be a piece of Ferrari history.

Please get in touch with us if you have any further questions or would like to register to bid!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    HAMMERED SOLD 7.0 MILLION US$ !!!!!

Marcel Massini

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow that's incredible!

7. msn

msn Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2011
    The generosity in the Ferrari Community is incredible.. Well done again.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Someone's got one hell of a hangover when he wakes up today.

9. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I was at the same event last night with Marcel
    I think he would agree with me that the amount of energy in the room was fantastic.
    Just watching videos of the cars on the big screen and hearing the music would give you goose bumps. I knew the La Ferrari bidding would be high too. Kimi and Seb's racing suits alone auctioned off for 15k and 17k

10. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    I think Kimi's actually brought $21K.

11. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Can you reveal who purchased it, or do they wish to remain anonymous?

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Congrats to the buyer. I hope the money helps as many people as possible.

13. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    There were 2 bidders in the end. One gentleman was n the room and the other was a phone bidder.
    The phone bidder was high bidder.

14. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    You know what. You may be correct. I do remember Kimi's suit did go for more then Vettel's

15. GERRA456gt

GERRA456gt Formula 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Australia, Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Anthony

Makes sense, Ferrari's last WDC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  17. Greg23

Greg23 Karting
    Owner

Jun 1, 2011
    CH, ITA, USA
    Full Name:
    Greg B.
    It was down to 3 guys... two in the room one on the phone!

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  19. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    It's a terrible headline, but the implication is that of all vehicles produced in this century, this one has brought the highest selling price at auction.

>8^)
    ER

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Got it.