1984 Renault R5 Turbo 2 | FerrariChat

1984 Renault R5 Turbo 2

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by The Kook Abides, Oct 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    #1 The Kook Abides, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am the second owner since 1998. I purchased the car from Don Marsh, well known racer/collector with 11,600km (7,200miles) in 1998.

Don bought two cars from Sun International in 1985. A black one and this Maroon car. The factory stage II upgraded 185hp kit with larger intercooler and waste gate shim is installed.

It is an all original, two owner, no stories car, with full documentation and receipt history since new. No accidents and original paint in outstanding condition. Car runs great with updated suspension and regular fluid changes. I just installed new Michelin Rally tires in the back. Car is ready to drive and needs nothing done to it.

When I took possession I removed the factory seats, wheels, steering wheel, and pedals to preserve them and avoid wear. They are boxed up along with all other parts and are included
    in the sale. The cars sits on period correct Gotti 3 piece wheels, Momo steering wheel, Sparco seats and racing pedals. Stereo is also updated.

The car currently has only 26,700km (16,590 miles) and is located in Southern California.
    Price is $150,000 Please, only serious inquiries. PM me for details if you are interested in buying it. I will consider Ferrari trades of equal value or more. I am looking for a 430 Scud or 458

Thank you,
    Patrick

Video here:https://youtu.be/FjT1pa-Rc34
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    #2 The Kook Abides, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. zc911

zc911 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Brampton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I just sold mine a month or two back. It took a long time to get 73k US, it wasn't perfect but very very good. I ended up using bring a trailer.

A blue sold for something around your asking price not too long ago, and it was a full restoration with color change and lots of incorrect bits.

Yours is amazing, I would put all the stock parts back on it for all the pics.
    Best of luck! They are fun cars for sure

4. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Very nice Patrick..! I remember seeing this picture on google..Did you ever manage to make it out to "Best of France and Italy" at Woodley Park? ...GLWS>>.

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Damn! Damn! Nice car. These cars have really taken off and are rare. I think I read that only about 200 or so of the RIIs are in the US with about 25 RIs? They also made some alloy room RIIs? Is this a steel roof?

They took off, this is Ferrari 308 Dry Sump money on some counts....and a lot of other cars to compete with. But, every substantial collection should have one. Especially a Maxi

Check this out

https://youtu.be/WBn4Fd4YCo8

6. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Yes Juan , the Maxi's are the top of the mark..Depending on it's racing pedigree they have been going for $300k all the way to $600k!

7. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
  8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  9. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    haha, you just beat me!

10. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    Thank you. The last show the car was at was the Black Horse event during the Pebble Beach weekend several years ago. French cars were the featured marque.

11. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    CA registration commands $10k-$15k....

12. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    Car originally was registered in CA. Currently is registered in Ohio. I have all of the EPA and importation documents that were required to register it in California.

The new owner would need to handle the California registration if they wanted

13. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Just watched the video. Love the car, the house, the 308GT, beach, lookslike a great life! In the Video, the car looks better than 90% of the ones I've seen. So the paint is original?

14. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    Thank you. Yes, the paint is all original and polished and waxed to a very high finish.

15. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Patrick are you posting this any where else for sale ? Would love to post on the Renault forum which reaches world wide...

16. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    It is not up anywhere else, yet.

I have a friend that thinks he might have a home for it, so I'm giving him some time.

This forum is the first place it has been offered for sale.

17. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Ok , then I will wait to post anything Patrick...Good Luck...Keep us posted!

18. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Bucket list car!!!! Awesome.

19. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    Thanks, but you can go ahead and share it with the Renault Club. I am a member also, I just haven't posted it anywhere else. Anything that comes from this forum is OK.

20. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    OK, just saw your email post on Yahoo.. Small world my friend...Have another forum that has a ton more traffic..

21. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    Cool. Thanks.

22. Sciotoboy

Sciotoboy Karting

Jan 26, 2014
    New Albany,Lake Nona
    Full Name:
    Kelly
    Great to see it again,and looking so good.Great memories of that car.Good luck with the sale!

23. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Nice looking car!! - I've been lucky enough to drive one, LOTS OF FUN!!!!

24. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Pat, killer car. Good luck, hope you are well.

25. The Kook Abides

Jan 4, 2011
    Hello Geno! Thanks. Enjoying Southern California now. Wet suit is a little thinner. LOL.