Whats with Ferrari and bogus HP numbers? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Whats with Ferrari and bogus HP numbers?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 04g, Sep 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1stFerrari@71

1stFerrari@71 Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2013
    Commerce, Texas
    Full Name:
    Joel Jacobs
    04g

About that that 7-digit VIN number.... ?

Mine's an old car (as mentioned previously) so I only offer 76514

2. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015
    my point is that if a claimed 740hp car is trapping the same MPH as a 550hp car and they weight about the same, something is way off. One dyno done at PSI of a F12 came back at 680 crank. Google is your friend.

3. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
  4. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    I don't give two ****s about Google. I asked you to prove your claims personally using your cars or cars of your disposal. And to way dynos are useless? Good grief, it's even worst than I thought.

I'm usually pretty laid back, but you piss me off. Unfortunately I can't throw you out of here, but man do I wish I could.

We have a good forum for enthusiasts and owners. We discuss the cars, the brand, the life, the passion and everything involved. We sometimes argue, we do not always agree, we post banter back and forth, we help each other and try to make the whole ownership experience a truly fun and interesting one.

Who the **** do you think you are coming here and post your bull**** just to create problems and waste a ton of time? You're not lighthearted about it, you're not friendly or engaging. You're arrogant and condescending, not to mention incredibly annoying. You criticism is non-constructive and as said, you sound like moody teen - and personally, I find you to be pretty damn stupid as you can't see what's going on and you don't answer any of our easy-to-understand questions.

I truly hope you are not, and never will be a Ferrari owner. You are not what this brand needs.

5. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Well said.

Dont let the dregs of society get to you. Just play with them the way a cat plays with a rat

6. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Trap speeds measure speed. Not Horsepower.

Speed at the trap is influenced by many variables, including as mentioned before, torque, and power transmission through the drivetrain. HP is also measured at different RPM's due to inherent differences in how the engine is deaigned, and how it is intended to perform.

A tractor with tons of low end torque will beat a sports car with a low weight high revving engine off the line every single time. But then we get to turn 1.

Perhaps you know all this and are just being deliberately obtuse.

And perhaps you don't. In whIch case, run along home now, Sonny. I think your mother is calling.

7. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Way to make an entrance there 04G.
    What a ridiculous argument, why buy ANY of the cars mentioned for a straight line or top speed contest? A crude, brute horsepower car can be thrown together for a fraction of the $ if that is your goal. If pickin' up chicks in an Easter egg colored car is your goal you're on the wrong forum.
    Come on back 04g when you move out of mom's basement and maybe someone here will give a ride around a real racetrack.
    Cheers

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Fellas, fellas. Deeeeep breath.

04g. Here's the deal. Most Ferrari owners, certainly the ones here, don't toddle off to the strip to drag race. Sure, you might find a couple guys here than do, but owning a Ferrari is about way more than straight line speed at the end of 1/8 or 1/4 mile.

If you don't get that, well, then continue to head over to the drag strip in your imaginary go fast cars and see if you can do better than the posted times and speeds.

Hey, here's a thought. Why not shut us all up about your imaginary ownership. Post up a picture of yourself with your cars, while holding up a sign that says, "Fchat is #1." That'll at least end the part of the discussion about whether or not you own the cars you say you have.

The rest will still be open to discussion, but at least we'll shut up about the cars. :D

D

9. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Nadeem, do you know this guy 04g?

Good to have you on the forum....if it is you.

10. 04g

04g Karting

May 11, 2015
    #60 04g, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    DGPF likes this.
  12. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Yes, it's me.

I don't know him. I'm trying to figure out who is who. These forums are pretty active so I'm just trying to find my way around.

I have a little soft corner for the young kids (enthusiasts) so I'm a little patient with them.

13. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    LOL. Sure I bet you $1 dollar.

14. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    #64 good2go, Sep 14, 2016
    It was a blast driving my car this week. Beautiful sunny days. Never saw a track. Wow was it fun.

I love driving my Ferrari.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#65 dm_n_stuff, Sep 14, 2016
  16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

17. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    LOL

18. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    LOL. Your a tip. The bet was $1 dollar. You said you owned 3 cars and you were going to prove it. I hate to lose any bet. I think I'm right. You don't own the 3 cars you claimed.

19. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    I doubt he owns any car...

20. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Yes.

This.

Are you for real? If you're so concerned about a 1/2 drag race get a Corvette. I'm being serious. Get a Corvette. You'll win the drag race and have more money in your pocket.

If Ferrari's 1/2 mile performance doesn't satisfy you, don't get a Ferrari. No big deal.

Furthermore, if you're planning to track the car, don't get a Ferrari. Get a Porsche or Japanese car. I'm being serious.

I have been in product design for over 20 years now and I have never, ever, ever, seen a company get their customers to fork over 2x-3x the cost for their product just based on marketing BS. It doesn't work that way. Your statement is an example of BS.

You own a 458? Why in the world did you spend so much money on a car that gets smacked down at the drag strip? Did you get fooled by marketing BS? :rolleyes:

-F

21. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    #71 Bluebottle, Sep 15, 2016
    I now really feel very inadequate: my Ferrari only makes 195 bhp, won't break 150 at any distance let alone 1/2 mile, and doesn't even have a Ferrari badge on the front!

But I still wouldn't swap it for any of the cars mentioned in this thread!!

Oh, and I don't play golf either. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Me, I blame the F1 only transmission option!

23. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    When he grows up he'll either become one of those tools that triple turbos a GT-R and gets those 0-60 in 1.5 seconds number (with a $5000/month insurance bill from the tickets) or..

will be the disgruntled lower to middle manager with the Tesla that *could* blast past any Ferrari on the road. It would be cooler if there weren't two screaming kids in the back and his wife on his right telling him to slow down. ;)

As a Ferrari owner and being a teenager on the inside.. I don't CARE about speed or being the fastest nitwit on the road. It's the road feel when you drive it, the cars driving dynamics and overall experience in the car.

Bluebottles Dino above has a more balanced enjoyable driving experience than any big HP car (The Gallardo I drove handled like **** compared to the Ferrari btw).

24. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I don't know about that man. Marketing is all about persuasion so if a hipster company wants to charge you $200 for a $2 T-Shirt, then they will and they do.

I'm also in product design but my products are more regarded commodities rather than niches. Ferrari, like other exotics, can afford to upcharge as a premium on exclusivity. Any buyer of these vehicles should know and accept this. I also would not doubt that thier margins are 2-3x those of regular automotive OEMs which are typically in the single digits....at least I can say that the Tier 1's are that lean. To be clear, I'm talking margins of about 20-30% rather than the typical 5-10%.

25. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I think 04g has moved on. His mom caught him on the internet again.