Best Ferrari Service in Denver | FerrariChat

Best Ferrari Service in Denver

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by losang, Feb 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. losang

losang Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    I'm new to the site and am extremely impressed by some of the ideas I've heard. What are your thoughts about who is your preffered service company and why? Who is your least favorite and why?

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I am not from the area so I do not know if you would consider Boulder as part of the Denver area but Dave Helms at Scuderia Rampante knows Ferrari's and is a customer oriented businessman.

Dave, small bills please.

3. clutchF50

clutchF50 Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    is that on 55th and arapahoe?

4. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder

Yes, just after the theater and before the bike shop, go around the building and you'll see all the F cars..
    Roland
    F40LM

5. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You owe it to yourself to call Mathew Kryjak at Paragon Motorsports 303-706-1234. I just met him myself and since I talked to you on the phone last I went down to inspect their new facilitites. Pretty impressive, and not your typical independent operation. Not only are they close to where you live, Mathew looks like he will be setting a new standard for independent service.
    Have fun with that new F-car.

6. FourCam

FourCam Formula Junior

May 19, 2004
    Loveland CO
    Full Name:
    Cameron MacArthur
    Helms is excellent-he rebuilt my 308 water pump some years ago and it has never leaked a drop since-it was his own ingenuity that created the fix. He is more than a mechanic/technician-more like an engineer (or magician!). I also used Mike Dopudja a few times with great results. His shop set up my distributors with great accuracy and they have stayed in tune a loooong time. They both take great pride in doing the job well the first time, and are fair with pricing (labor).

7. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Mike Dopudja does have a great reputation but he is working for a private collection now. He doesn't take new clients. I was talking to his wife and she mentioned she has met Mathew at Paragon. She didn't realize they were going to be doing service.

8. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    The most complete technician I have ever had the pleasure of working around is Bill Evenden @ FoD...Dave Helms is a walking (albeit hunch back:)) encyclopedia of Ferrari engineering and if you use him you won't be disappointed but Bill is probably the most knowledgable person in his field that I know of.

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    The only guy in Colorado that I let work on my F-car is Dave Helms. And he is the furthest tech from me. I think that says a lot.

10. Wyo550

Wyo550 Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2005
    Laramie
    Full Name:
    John
    I've got a 1997 550 that I bought in Scottsdale in July 2004 with 11,300 miles on it. During the summer of 2004, I put 6,000 miles on it, even went to PPIR for a day! During those months Stewarts replaced a cat convertor, did an electrical diagnosis of 10 ground faults; and they're really concerned why my engine continues to cut out during hard acceleration-- even with the ASR turned off.
    (nobody knows that one).

Everybody at Stewarts in Denver are right on, focused, nice.
    And they know how to fix things..AND they've now got my paintings hanging in their customer lounge and in the service bay!

11. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Subscribed!

Sorry to revive an old thread. Any updates to this?

12. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bill Evendon at Maranello Motorworks has cared for my 430 since it was new (2005). He won some tech competitions when he was at FOD. He and Tom will take care of you reasonably.

Dave

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Bill is not only a Ferrari Master Tech (he was one of the first Ferrari Master Techs in the US) but won best tech in North America and top three in the world per FNA and Ferrari SpA right up to 2015 when he left to start Maranello Motorworks.

We are definitely blessed to have some world class talent here in Colorado.

14. rfwf430

rfwf430 Rookie

Nov 3, 2013
    Englewood, CO
    Dave Helms, Scuderia Rampante, has cared for my Mondial (since he was the guru at FOD) in the past and now my F430. He is a legend. His new and very large shop is now in Erie, CO, just off of I-25. See his website www.****************.com with directions, but easy to get to. Go and talk to him--he is the BEST in the area. It may take some time to get in the shop but worth the wait.

Pavkata_83 likes this.
  15. nitro

nitro Karting

Dec 9, 2012
    Snowmass/KenCaryl
    Maranello Motorworks for me. Bill and Tom are fantastic. They don't just "tell" you what needs to be done, they show you. Would not take my car anywhere else.

16. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    #16 RonnieRenaldi, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    #17 Falcon Wing, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Another +1 for Maranello Motorworks. (shop was recommened to me by a fellow Fchatter..)
    I recently had my 360 in for belt service, transmission mounts, cam cover gaskets and seals, capote ram rebuilt (saved over $1k on that) and fabspeed headers, heat bankers, heat shields, 02 extenders, Hyperflow cats installed. They had it for a relatively short period of time, only wait was the rebuild of the ram. They kept me posted often, answered all of my questions, and even assisted in delivery which was a HUGE help. Very pleased.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Gleggy

Gleggy Formula 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Land of Oz
    Full Name:
    Gleggy
    I can confirm this, and then some.
    My recent business trip to the States, took me to Boulder, and while I was there managed to go to Mr Helms new facility. It is HUGE. Pack it with a mass of Ferrari and a helicopter
    (I'm not kidding) and there is still wide open pastures to view. Dave impressed me with is knowledge, passion, and a unwavering approach to excellence in Ferrari maintenance
    Very impressed.

19. RD75

RD75 Rookie

Jun 8, 2015
    I just wanted to first confirm with many others and also to highly recommend Maranello Motorworks as the best Ferrari shop in the Rocky Mountain area and the West. I just received my TR back after a major engine service & rebuild and could not be happier. During the selection process, I did consider the other local Ferrari shops, including the neighboring states; however Maranello Motorworks was by far the best option. Bill and Tom are incredibly knowledgeable, helpful in every way, honest, straight forward, and most importantly (at least to me) just easy to work with. Anyone can contact me here if you like to talk about my great experience.

Thanks,
    RD75

20. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Right on! I am sure they appreciate that.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    come on, you guys in Colorado have no balls. :) remember if you don't give an honest critique, then more innocent people will be taken and that's your responsibility for not warning. :)

hadn't heard of Maranello Motorworks, they sound solid, need to get them on FerrariChat! FYI Ferrari of Denver the only local sponsor.

22. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    #22 Joshman0531, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    If you hadn't heard of them, you ain't readin'! Many kudos go out to Bill and Tom on this forum, and if you don't know of them, Tom has years at FoSF and FoD experience, and Bill at FoD. In addition, they now have 2 successful years at their own shop, Maranello Motorworks.

The honest critique is they know what they're doing and they're great to work with. No over billing bs for guess work like others.

BTW, honest critique? Are you asking for negative dirt, because there isn't any on this shop.
    Not sure what you're asking for here???

23. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You don't know, but you do...

25. 456rogers

456rogers Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Idaho Springs CO
    I'm a big fan of Maranello Motorworks as well. The communication is great, the service is good, and the prices are reasonable...more than once they have gone the extra mile to find me the best part and the best price ...on my AC fix they found a guy that could rebuild my AC unit instead of having to shell out the big bux for a new one....and its always great to see a garage full of Ferraris when I drop off and pick up :)

rob lay likes this.