FC weight loss/life change/fitness challenge thread. | Page 37 | FerrariChat

FC weight loss/life change/fitness challenge thread.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by darth550, Jan 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 99_Carrera

99_Carrera Formula 3

Nov 2, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ^
    Oy vey!!

Andrew - You should stop taking about it already and post up a pic. ;)

Not a bad idea, Lukas. Definitely some items to make my basket in the next few days... :)

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Easy there Lukas, Mikes on a bulk! Summers almost over, no need to cut. :D;)

3. 99_Carrera

99_Carrera Formula 3

Nov 2, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mike
    ^
    :D

Yeah, we've the same ridiculous metabolism. Wish I had Lukas' metabolism!!

...And genetics!!

:p

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ....and I wish I had my old legs....

5. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Darned - I was just going to post about how hard I work for it......

6. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Gladly - and this is easy for me, given that:

A) I really like to see people do great when working out
    B) this and the "post your pets" thread are the only areas on Fchat that I can (and feel qualified) to contribute.

7. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So I started my new temporary job running large printers on Tuesday, just like most first weeks at a new job I've eaten less than normal and haven't worked out sin e Monday. But Im on my feet all day, lifting things, and moving around. I literally only sit down for 30 minutes at lunch.

I haven't weighed myself, but I feel like visually I have gotten leaner in my chest specifically. Seems strange, but maybe this will work out just fine. Lol.

8. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Congrats on the new job bro!!!

9. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks.

It's just a temporary thing until I find a real job. I had an interview Thursday afternoon. Went well, but I have to complete an assessment test this weekend that I never received earlier this week. So, provided I do well on that, I think I may have a new job.

10. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I got my ass down to the dungeon and pulled a 10K in 46:16.

11. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Sorry if I missed it... But rowing? I have a C2. Broken LCD so need to order one. I like rowing. Finding motivation is tough. :)

GT

12. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    LCD is easy to replace. I get my motivation the next morning when my clothes fit a little better. :)

13. 99_Carrera

99_Carrera Formula 3

Nov 2, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Heckyeah!! There is always that. Lol. ;)

Best of luck with your new gig, J. Realllllly hope you do well on your assessment test. Please keep us updated!

You're an animal!!

Hit the gym today, was in it to win it on back and chest, then this girl that keeps looking and smiling at me got right next to me. Next thing I knew I had done two sets of arm routines without even realizing it! Arrrrrrgh!!!

14. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You're a beast!

Thanks Mike. On the assessment test for a second, I can print it out and do it and then email or fax it when I'm done. Quite interesting, all these tests have always been timed online.

LOL! How did you manage that? Was this free weights or a machine? And, did you talk to her?;)

15. 99_Carrera

99_Carrera Formula 3

Nov 2, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's awesome! Hope you do well on it. Very cool that it's not timed and you can go at your own pace. It's a bit rhetorical, but on these tests I always figure out what each underlying question is and answer according to what they are most likely looking for. The most important thing is consistency, because they are asking the same question in sometimes five different ways, so you've to be cognitive of it and seamlessly resolute.

Free weights. I was supposed to be doing flat bench, flat bench flys, flat bench tri sets. Instead I was doing close grip flat bench, overhead dumbbell tricep presses, close grip flat bench tri sets. She was next to the bench I was using doing some holding and twisting at the waist exercise. Nah, I didn't talk to her. :( I will next time. She's made it very clear that she's interested, but she's not really my type (extremely skinny, no t/a), but she's tall (for a girl) and cute. Mainly, her tenacity I admire. She's been trying pretty hard to get my attention and I caved yesterday. I'll get to chatting her up next time I see her. ;)

Rest day, today! Wooo!! Tomorrow is the ultimate day; leg day. :p

16. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #916 NeuroBeaker, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Speaking of chest flies... I've been hearing from my personal trainer at the gym that these are risky for the coracobrachialis muscle on the front of your shoulder:

I later found the same advice in this other personal trainer's YouTube video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y3WDY1tUo[/ame]

And, thinking about the mechanics of it, at full open arms stretch, you would be activating the coracobrachialis muscle first by itself before you activate your pectoral muscle to take over. It does appear to be an exercise where injury is more likely to occur during that than during traditional chest presses. I was doing chest flies at first, but dropped them after looking into it.

All the best,
    Andrew.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've heard about it being bad before too, and watched that video a long time ago.

I've never really felt bench flies in my chest much, and instead bring the dumbbells together at the top of the press. I feel those more across my entire chest.

For flies I stick to pec dec and cable crossovers. That guy also has a few videos on cable flies.

18. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Still slowly making progress with the 5x5. Just hit 295x5 on bench on Monday. I can't stress enough how fantastic this program is from the beginner to advanced (at which point you switch to the dual-factor program).

19. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So basically and a hell of a lot less complicated sounding than Dual Factor is a Push-Pull-Legs split.

Ive been doing my own variation doing shoulders/back/tris day 1, day 2 is legs, day 3 chest/bi's. I will then do another leg day on the 4th day. Start over on the 5th. My rest day or days will fall anywhere depending on my schedule, but usually Friday and Sunday. Abs are any day, sometimes everyday.

It works for me.

20. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Dual factor is not complicated. It is just a matter of switching from 5x5 to 3x3.

Day 1 -- Squat, bench, pendlay rows
    Day 3 -- Deadlift, military press, chins
    Day 5 -- Squat, bench, pendlay rows

Easy as pie. I refuse to go to the gym 5 days/week.

21. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I've consistently got my mile under 40:00 now so it's just a matter of time.

22. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Is that 295 for all 5x5?

GT

23. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Oh, I just mean when you read about dual factor they say more than they have to explain it in articles.

I like going to the gym. For me it's a stress reliever.

24. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Last set of 5. Ramped up.

25. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    IMO, if it is from a magazine -- it is crap.