Do you get offended when people ask...... | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Do you get offended when people ask......

Discussion in '360/430' started by 04 360 spyder, Mar 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Women care about stability, even if they are successful in their own careers they will seek somebody with a good job and/or financial stability. Females are programmed for that (even other species do something similar)
    BUT I believe the stigma of Ferrari owners as "******bags or players" will make a good percentage of women to look away.
    Of course gold diggers will be all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Someone said to me, "Either you're wealthy or a drug dealer."..LOL.

3. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
  4. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi
    +1 regarding Starbucks. I've had great "success" with baristas too.

5. rugby

rugby Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Atlanta
    Yeah, too bad I don't drink coffee. :(

But I do go to Home Depot a lot. I wonder if that would work.

6. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Think this is spot on. The number one make a woman wants to see a man drive (and recently validated on an episode of family feud lol) is a bmw. It shows the right balance of success and vitality but not so much of either that it's gone to one's head.

7. HIO Silver

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Family Feud as validation? Puh-lease.

8. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    My reply.. "I live in a caravan" - (Trailer park) :D

9. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    From the looks of her picture...it already happened!

10. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I don't need a Ferrari to get laid, I look and sound more interesting than any car.

11. SpiderSweden

SpiderSweden Karting

Aug 4, 2016
    I always answer "Blood, sweat and tears"...

Skickat från min SM-G928F via Tapatalk

12. HIO Silver

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    I've responded with, "Understand the stock market and you can have one".

...HAL, BAC, and CSCO were major "contributors".

13. jago

jago Rookie

Sep 13, 2012
    NY/Long Island
    Full Name:
    John A
    when they ask what you do for a living..
    "i could tell you but then i'd have to kill you"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    #1 - No.

#2 - I paid what my budget affords.

15. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    How much did the car cost? 25 years of not playing golf.

16. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    How much did the car cost? 25 years of not playing golf.

R O T F L M A O :)

17. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    Yes. I am worried about people finding out how cheap these cars are, and then going out and buying one.

So, everyone please keep it quite. The rich guys and gals can go buy a Tesla or the new 488 and us working stiffs can enjoy motoring history at a bargain.

18. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    I just say 6 figures and that seems to satisfy people.

19. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    WOW, so someone goes out and knowing buys a car that is rarely seen (unless you are in South Fla) and then gets offended when you are asked "how much is that car", "what do you do for a living" "how much money do you make"? Really, what did you expect the average person to ask or at least think? Most of us know - that people think you have money to afford a car like this, then get offended when people ask? I just tell them - what is the big deal?

20. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well stated. Like anything though it depends on their sttitude and approach, polite people deserve polite responses. Rude people, well, my response is going to vary based on my mood. Fortunately, I have not yet run acrooss that person. Nothing but positives so far.

21. Jackson1019

Jackson1019 Rookie

Jun 11, 2013
    I always found it strange when people ask if they can take a picture of the car? Its a free world (for now at least) and a picture wont hurt anyone.

This question throws me off more than the cost question.

Just tell them the truth if they are a person of equals means. No harm done.

If you can tell they aren't as financially stable as you I find it in poor taste to state the actual number. A polite response and a smile does the trick.

Every situation is different.

22. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I try to be sensitive to the queationer's likely financial situation. Sometimes you can just tell that someone will never in their life have that much money, while others it might be a goal for them.

Just to put it in perspective, for a well maintained good condition 430 you could honestly answer "About three times the median household income in Florida." For a 458 Spider you could jack that up to five times. Maybe six.

You can buy a house around here for under $50K. A crappy one, sure, but a lot of the people asking live in those crappy houses.

23. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    As I bought my old F355 when prices were low it's quite easy if they're genuinely interested in how much I paid. They like it when I tell them I sold my last Ferrari for this 360 and got money in my pocket.
    It's the potential and real cost of running one that can be embarrassing to admit to :-/

24. zx9r94

zx9r94 Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2014
    Terras além Tejo
    Full Name:
    Lucky number "duas"
    ...now, there´s an interesting and different thread that I just can´t let walk in vain:

8 years ago, at the age of 33, I bought the nostalgic red F355 berlinetta manual gear box... crazy responsible thing to do...!

Well, when someone asks me how much it cost, since I am related to the refractory industry here in Portugal, I use to answer that the purchase of the car was a nice deal from a friendly costumer that was owning some money.

I have been encountering many zombies along the way... eheheh

Once, when I acquire the Ferrari, there´s this uncle of mine that was concerned
    regarding to the age´s car as if such a young person couldn´t be allowed to buy/have a
    recent model as a F430 or 458 italia... oh dear...!

I also remember an occasion when I took the vehicle to an annual inspection and
    one of the first things the technician asked me was if it belonged to me and with a smile
    on my face I told him that the F355 lies in my family for many generations reflecting a
    good name.

Many greetings.

25. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California

Jackson, in Silicon Valley you can not tell from how how people dress what the person's socio-economic situation is. I know a guy who is worth 5+ BILLION and he wears worn out jeans and a worn out tee-shirt.

Also, next time the guy on the skate board asks you how much? Tell him as he has more money than you :) How do I know? I took my car in for service and saw a custom teal/black La Ferrari. The guy who brought it in for service was in his early 30s, jumped on his skateboard and took off.

Personally I think it is inappropriate of people to ask how much something costs.