675LT v VIPER ACR v AVENTADOR SV v GT3 RS v 458 SPECIALE! BANGIN' GEARS - Episode 3 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

675LT v VIPER ACR v AVENTADOR SV v GT3 RS v 458 SPECIALE! BANGIN' GEARS - Episode 3

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by TopspeedPT, Jul 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Yes, very old and very irrelevant according to an i8 owner. But you should've seen his face in my rear view as I flew by him on the freeway in all the rage and fury that is F1.

Priceless.

2. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    Haha. I believe it! Not much driving excitement in the i8. You prob scared the **** out of him as you passed by.

3. Ford

Ford Karting

Jun 11, 2013
    I am sure that when the design of the speciale was made Ferrari could have put a big hugh wing on the back, added winglets all over the front and made it ugly as hell and it would have the down force to cut 3 or 4 seconds on track. Or they could make it what it is, an amazing car to drive and look at.

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Bump, Ferraris are about more than lap times and acceleration. It's why a 2007 Porsche turbo looks dated but a f430 is still sexy as hell.

5. ScrappyB1972

ScrappyB1972 Karting

Feb 20, 2015

I don't think the quest for lap times have anything to do with the relative sexiness of these two cars. My 993 turbo is arguably one of the prettiest modern car designs out there yet it was designed with outright performance and technology in mind....

6. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
    Lol, its seems the 9k didnt help this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    In the end of the day, Porsche kicking ass as always with the lowest hp car Eheh 😄

8. rs4

rs4 Karting

Feb 6, 2010
    Hong Kong
    Its time to sell the 458S for a RS now....

9. Ford

Ford Karting

Jun 11, 2013
    Well you wont have any problem finding an RS there are 23 for sale on ebay. Using one track comparison based on one speciale to make a decision to sell a 458s is not smart. Speciale is a keeper.

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I think these guys do a great job...nice blend of informative, funny, exciting...I hop they keep at it!

Also...why does everyone seem to complain about the wipers on the Ferrari steering wheel...they say it is impossible to understand?

You push it to turn it on....you pull it back to turn it off.
    If it is off and you pull it back I gives you one quick wipe.
    If you can't figure that out then perhaps you shouldn't be driving a car.

11. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen

Also if you push down a little harder, the wipers go a little faster. Keep pressing down to upshift and go underneath to downshift/turn off. :)

Cars:

2013 Ferrari 458 Spider
    2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab

12. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Inspired by Microsoft? The only thing missing is "ctrl - alt - delete"...

13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #38 Lukeylikey, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    I think the laptime differentials were within the realms of possibility. Drivers doing better in one car than another can happen, different circuits favouring different cars does happen, a little mistake here, a missed apex there.... A couple of seconds difference seems reasonable enough when you consider the variables that exist, plus the comparative lack of power and added weight when compared with, say, the 675. The RS does well, but there have been other tests where the Speciale is much closer to the RS and yet others where the RS doesn't match the 675.

Is the Speciale the slowest of all those cars? With the exception of possibly the RS, almost certainly (and even with the RS, it is most likely slower around most tracks, on most days). Is it much slower? No, I don't think so. Does that diminish the brilliance of the Speciale? Not for me it doesn't. It's still easily fast enough to hang around with some spectacularly fast cars and the thrill of the Speciale has never been about speed alone but the feedback and immediacy of its response, which has not been dimmed by new arrivals - it's still the same brilliant car it always was. Even if there are quicker cars around.

RS Speciale
    Anglesey Costal 1'13"60 1'14"20
    Autocar 1'09"90 1'08"30
    Sachsenring 1'33"34 1'32"76
    Thermal Club 1'22"64 1'25"57

14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    There are hard facts and there are personal preferences.
    Regarding hard facts, yes, the Speciale is slower.

BUT, I would take the Speciale before each other car (except the LT).
    Because in regards of my personal preference on a super car the Speciale wins with so many miles in front of all the others. ;)

15. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida

Fun for tracking, but given the numbers seen everyday on the street, pretty much ignored.

Can't say that about the 458s........"Eheh"

16. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    (Kidding of course.)

17. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen

Makes for good conversation and I would think a professional driver that has been in a lot of cars would have plenty of time to get accustomed to it in the 5 laps that they had in each.

I would also think a professional driver has probably been in all of these cars before at some point.

Also, I think a professional driver would do better EVEN WITH the learning curve than the vast majority of people would do that actually own the car.

I also think a professional golfer would do better with a club that he has never used more than the pretty good golfer who actually owned the clubs and especially so if he was given a few rounds to make adjustments.

Apples and oranges but you get the idea. Times are cool but imo it depends on who is doing the driving.
    :)

Cars:

2013 Ferrari 458 Spider
    2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab

18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It was like 110F. It's entirely possible the cars will respond differently under such immense heat. I expect the McLaren to have a pretty significant change at 70F, and I'm sure the others see different levels of change as well.

The temps there were scorching.

19. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Its too easy to hit by mistake. Too many buttons at 9 & 6, lots of people hit them accidentally at track events. Same with turn indicators.

20. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    You see GT3 RS's everyday? Curious, where? Stuttgart or Nurburgring?

Yes because you almost never see a Ferrari in there eheh 😉

21. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I can tell you from 30+ years of "personal" racing experience, if I am on a familiar track and have 3-4 laps, I will wring out a time, within a half a second of what I might do spending more time in the car, and some can do much better than I can

I mean no disrespect but truly cannot imagine a better head to head ; same driver , same day, same track. Again, nothing personal, but through your post I better understand the difficulty of satisfying people. Best

22. Ford

Ford Karting

Jun 11, 2013
    Can't read the mind of Alec but I to have over 30 years on the track and have much time on the track running with all cars (except the Lambo). 675Lt way out preforms the GT3RS. In regards to the speciale who knows about that particular car that some guy owns. I have run my speciale along the new GT3RS and know people who own both cars. They are very similiar and depending on track will vary in best performance. The time difference in this test between the two cars seems off but it could be that particular car or I might just be wrong. All are great,great cars.
    I did notice that being a Porsche driver the only car that got a commercial from Alec after driving was the GT3RS, and who can blame him, it is an amazing car. Just which more people would drive them and not try to sell them at a profit. I would buy one if they were not asking $60 over MSRP. Dealer offered me allocation last week but wanted $75 over MSRP. Sad, maybe when everything goes turbo the madness will stop.

23. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Unfortunately, that's when the madness will escalate much more.

24. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    One (probably Ferrari and McLaren included) shudders to think what Porsche would be capable of if they produced a dedicated platform to compete at the 488, 650, etc price point.

25. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's coming.