675LT v VIPER ACR v AVENTADOR SV v GT3 RS v 458 SPECIALE! BANGIN' GEARS - Episode 3 | FerrariChat

675LT v VIPER ACR v AVENTADOR SV v GT3 RS v 458 SPECIALE! BANGIN' GEARS - Episode 3

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by TopspeedPT, Jul 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    #1 TopspeedPT, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuO8qeHB8BU[/ame]

18:50 track test

2. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Surprised the gt3rs was that close to the mighty 675lt.

3. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    Imagine the GT3RS with Trofeo R :)

4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Supposedly the 918 is getting Trofeo R's. Look out.

5. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I can't imagine how much they spent to make that...egad. Passion project for sure.

Not surprised the ACR won. Its a street car in name only.

6. Ford

Ford Karting

Jun 11, 2013
    Dont think this was a good comparison. No way the 675Lt doesn't beat the GT3RS by more. Also didnt look like the driver had much experience in Speciale nor was he pushing the car that hard based on video. Speciale is a car you dont just get in and learn it quickly. As far as ACR extreme, yes a different car altogether in downforce.

7. Goonthree

Goonthree Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Orlando
    The heat probably slow down mclaren A lot. Those turbos don't like this much heat.

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1. That Mac would obliterate the field in February. All the cars there were NA save for the 675LT.

9. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    Do you have any proof or you are just floating this?

10. simsko

simsko F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2012
    Pretty incredible production that was highly entertaining as well. Probably would have been better to include a 488 gtb instead but still awesome. It's cool to see these sort of productions on YouTube being significantly better than what the networks can produce.

This is the wrap up: https://youtu.be/vffWdE05REw

11. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    I think its great to see cars that are straight out of the box put on head to head and see how they do. Instead of being prepped by the manufacturer. This is great...I love the comparisons and I actually think they are doing a great job. I also believe was fair, all cars driven hard and by same driver...small margins are irrelevant....but the driver got I think 5 hot laps and best time was taken as the indicator vs the other rivals.

Cant wait for more of the same!!! Love the energy of these guys.

MJ

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree with his wrap up whole heartedly. I don't understand the lap times/acceleration figures that some of these manufacturers put out on their cars. Mostly I'm talking about Ferrari and Lambo with their Aventador. I've driven a Huracan and an Aventador and I'm here to tell you the Huracan is better is basically every way. And Ferrari, I own a 458 with the knowledge that it's not the quickest car but it never performs in real life like it does in mags. If you look at 918, LAF and P1 tests, every owner test has had the 918 winning on lap times and quarter mile. Zero mags had that. Which tells me that the cars given to mags (or Chris Harris for his video) are optimized by the manufacturer except for Porsche. In fact, to defy logic Porsches customer cars seem somehow faster on track and in a straight line versus mag tests. I don't own a Porsche, I own a Ferrari, so lap times and stuff don't mean much to me in car ownership as I'm not really a track guy. I prioritize other things over out right performance such as sound, looks, etc. which is what Ferrari is about and has always been about. But I am always suspect now of mags/manufacturers tests. These owner supported YouTube races have done a terrific job of bringing to light some of the games that manufacturers play and for them the mags.

13. Goonthree

Goonthree Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Orlando
    All those lap times are good info but in reality it is how fast you can go in your car that matters. It takes a combination as I have seen 918 owner on road course drives so slow it is ridiculous. Granted this was in Asia in which 918 cost $2M + but the owner thought he would show up and smoked everyone because magazine lap times.

14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    A true point regarding "advertising promises" vs "hard reality".

It is always the same: a huge effort for a comparison test but nobody has the courage to communicate real life figures like effective (measured !!) car weight, engine performance and suspension settings (differences to the series) of the test cars.

It would be so easy - but probably just as frightening.

15. spec458

spec458 Karting

Feb 8, 2015
    The Speciale compares favourably with the RS in numerous track tests.
    Plus the 488 and the Speciale are closely matched around Fiorano.
    For whatever reason the Speciale did not produce times it should have.
    I'm guessing the driver had all the systems off in which case the car can be a handful and it needs time to get the best out of it. Had the car been on race I'm sure the times would have been quicker.

16. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    #16 saraojo, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    The speciale is an older car compared to the the rest. The time was lower than most would expect. But for this test, it shows its age.

17. spec458

spec458 Karting

Feb 8, 2015
    In various track times it compares favourably with the RS, so the lap time is strange.
    However, it doesn't have turbos, rear wheel steering etc so to a point I agree.

18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Well of course the driver is still the most important aspect of the car. But that's not applicable to this video as the same driver was used for all five cars and he's a decorated professional race car driver.

19. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    It kills me when people are saying the Driver didn't drive the 458 to its full ability. He's a pro race car driver for god sakes. The 458 can't be as much of a handful as a 6 speed 600+hp viper.

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1. And the owner of the Ferrari was there! So if he felt his car was being short changed I'm sure he would have said something.

21. spec458

spec458 Karting

Feb 8, 2015
    Either way the lap time doesn't add up. The car is quicker for most in race rather than cst off as it can lack traction otherwise.

22. rs4

rs4 Karting

Feb 6, 2010
    Hong Kong
    i expect the 458S can achieve similar lap times with the RS, but not by 3s behind!
    It was embarrassing being a owner of so called "track focused Ferrari"
    Ferrari really needs to do something to stay close with the competitors

23. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    speciale not that speciale. old news.

surprised the LT didn't take it by a larger margin against the RS...must be the temps? the guy said it was 107º out there, that can't be any good for turbos...

24. Devine458

Devine458 Karting

Mar 20, 2013
    The Scud is even older news....Guess it's time to trade in our old news cars.

25. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    We 've been through this before. Many Ferrari and Lamborghini customer cars have turned out nubers that match factory claims and the test cars' performance. Bear in mind that even a slight difference in tyres (wear and pressure) can make a big difference in performance.