365 motor assy complete with transmission | Page 12 | FerrariChat

365 motor assy complete with transmission

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bundas, Sep 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Problem solved. One does the firing the other everything els

2. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Last post not correct. The shop has never done a V12. So off to California SF dealer. Last shot

3. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    He is not talking about me. I have done many V12 engines.
    Just FYI.

4. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    The expert shop in Akins NC. Cut the shaft end because he f--the threads so there is no room for a cartrer pin. Also screwed the shaft up. Then found that Brett put one set of points cshould be two.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Rifledriver in Austin has a Sun machine also, closer than california.

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Marelli USA has the components except for the one he cut chat is coming from. GB. $

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    are you ok at hospital now?

I was going to air drop beer and BBQ on the helipad for you!!

*SPLAT!!*

Right there, on the big "H"....
    :D :D :D

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Classic Parts UK is a trove of old factory equipment..

Thanks, foatech...very nice offer!

9. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    These units must have two must have two. Each distributor. Must have both. One works on highway the other takes over at low RPM. Learning do thing new every day

10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think you mean the North American dual points R1 R2 set up, but maybe not...

One is idle only, the other is for RPMS above idle???

In any event, glad you got it sorted!
    Glad also you are feeling better...

11. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Mitchell,

I am glad that things are moving along with your car! You have been waiting a long time to simply drive and enjoy it! Hopefully all will be sorted soon so you can enjoy the car for this Season.

Cheers,

Sam

12. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I have owned this 365gt4 2 2. Since 2007. Fought all the crooks all the wrong parts. Shipper. You name as well have. Now cancer and no kidneys have caught up with me. Must sell all. 36 cars. I need some help. I tried the paper adds. What about a uction

B

Y

13. DaveO_48

DaveO_48 Karting

Jul 29, 2013
    Henderson, Nv
    Full Name:
    David Odland
    Mitchell,
    I feel absolutely terrible that you are having such a disastrous turn of events. Do you have someone that can put together a list and some photos of the cars you are contemplating selling. I know it's the last thing you would ever want to do so I believe you, and I'm sure you are serious about your condition. I'm not sure if I am in the position to purchase another car right now but I may be in the market for assemblies and parts for the 400 cars. I would love to have spares for the different systems on my car.
    If you can get someone to assist you with cataloging your inventory, and I know you have quite a collection of parts, it may make them more marketable. The more people that know what you have available , the more you would be able to realize from selling them.
    I wish you were doing better. I have considered you a good friend since meeting you and I hope you can still turn this around.
    My most sincere regards,
    David

14. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Mitchell,

That is absolutely horrible news! I am very sad to hear this!

As for selling... Dave has an excellent suggestion. You need to find someone you can take inventory, catalog it, take a bunch of excellent high res pics, and compose a series of ads and/or document all that you have. Otherwise you will be fielding a large number of calls, e-mails, etc all requesting the same info...and the result will simply absorb a lot of your time. Also, you will need to determine how you wish to sell the items... piece-meal, lot-sale, via a broker, etc.

In the past I created a website for a particular car I was selling. Within the site I detailed a complete history of the car, what was done to it, and include a lot of high res pics. The result was that the "tire kicker" calls and e-mails dropped dramatically and the remaining inquiries were by serious people... a few weeks later the car sold. Perhaps this may be an avenue you could pursue as well?

Cheers,

Sam

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I was afraid I would read this one day.

There's also the crated art collection he purchased (from Chris Minnick's closed Houston shop)...

Mitchell, you need to give SOMEONE your Power of Attorney, man...and what your wishes are, for your remaining worldy goods.

You have my number, did they take your cell phone??

16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You would have to read thru his scattered threads, here.....bottom line, it is all in Lexington KY, and he is in Columbus Ohio.....

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    SuperJ, I nominate SuperJ to handle it.......were it I.......

18. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just got this text so who knows.....

"I am on the. Mend. Thank all looks good"

19. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    This is the hardest thread to understand. Does anyone know where he is and if he's ok?

Being in the UK I don't know Mitch personally but obviously some of you do and are hopefully aware of his family sitution. Is there anyone close to him who is looking after his interests, both health-wise (which is the main priority here) but also his assets and possessions?

It would be truly awful if he was facing this all alone and it should be a concern to all of us that he's being cared for.

20. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hoping for the best.

21. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    +1 I have no clue what's going on but I hope Mitch is OK.

Hopefully we'll get some clarity and positive news soon.

Ruben

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #297 BigTex, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Well, if you follow his garage thread (and yes we all got togther in Austin last year, at F1) the facts are all "out there"....

The garage project stalled, he fired the architect (who apparently was also the General contractor, very odd, in my experience) and it sits without glass, in Lexington KY.

His only living relative is his Mom, at 102 years old (maybe 103).

In the TV interview he gave (great link, in here somewhere) he recaps his car collection, and he bought a huge stash of art here in Houston, I found, over $4k just to crate and ship (ironically it belonged to Chris Minninck, of the failed Vintage Motorcars, on Kempwood, who's technician totalled the clean 1992 F40, smashing it to hell, becoming the subject of a reality show, as Gas Monkey Garage *&(^*&^ ed it ALL up!!)

So, with no heirs to leave the money to, his garage Mahal has always been a "go broke then croak" venture, to quote Mitchell himself.

Now, I am not sure exactly, HOW he got from Lexington KY, up to this ambulatory facility in Columbus Ohio, where they mismanaged his care, apparently, and won't allow him concierge services ( or he cannot access the money to pay for it, maybe).

IF I knew the address, my gf's son is there (and he's a white hat hacker, he would make them PAY, for mistreating our man!!), or at least take him fresh clothing and food, He was asking for WATER three days ago.

Me and dstacy are sitting in Houston Texas (Dave was the the Broken Spoke in Austin, that night too!) and we both have his phone number. He is texting to Dave as I think his strength and lucidity comes and goes.

That's the Cliff's notes......sadly due to the construction $$$$ over runs, mistakes in engineering, all the costs that have disappeared into his garage Mahal, it seems the "go broke, then croak" may get reversed........I am glad at least this bozo architect was fired.

I have a branch office there, but he has not asked for assistance, from me....
    We are oobviously rooting for him, and would help any way we could, his treatment in the "my cancer" thread is terrible to read.....

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You have to be able to speak "bundas".....:D :D

Somebody renew my Rossa, as it expires today, on my birthday, and BoA is negative, until Friday morning....they only gave e $200 to party on tonight!!!

Strippers at 5PM, Houston time....

How far is it, from Lexington, KY to Columbus Ohio, anyway???
    Have you heard from him again, dstacy???

24. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ...I guess dstacy had the broken Spoke pictures, they were in the '2015 Austin F1' thread......

25. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #300 dstacy, May 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At least you had a hot looking date. :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login