US Spec. 599 GTO Marketplace | Page 3 | FerrariChat

US Spec. 599 GTO Marketplace

Discussion in '612/599' started by tortesq1, Sep 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Driving any car less than 200 miles in over 4 years is sad. When that car is a GTO its a crime ! Still its the perfect collector car.

Only reds and whites for sale. We a rarely see a GTO for sale anymore in the US that isn't a shade of red or white. I know that the nero with red stripe "stripper" GTO (minimal options) was sold earlier this year (I think it was actually flipped twice) but thats the only non-red or white GTO that sold in 2015 (I think). No black, gray/silver, yellow, etc. shaded GTO's for sale and you'd think they were "relatively" common color schemes.

2. GRahal09

GRahal09 Rookie

Nov 28, 2011
    Does anyone know where the silver car from Goldman went? That was my car I sold them, and now have my Silver/Red speciale back and would love to locate my GTO. Let me know!

3. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Hi Stephen. Just wondering, are you implying GTOs in more unusual colours make for stronger residuals in the US versus red? Or is your comment just personal preference? Thx.

4. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Absolutely personal preference. I haven't seen any hard statistical data but I'd surmise they call it resale red for a reason. Seems that first time F car buyers more likely to want AND be told by dealer that red (RC in particular) is the way to go if you want to sell a car quickly. That being said I do think the GTO is an anomaly and that buyers who can afford to spend $1M on a car might already have other RC F cars (or have had a red car in the past) and specifically wants something different or even unique. The F12TDF threads discussing the personalization process shows just how out of the box hard core tifosi think when it comes to specifying their cars. So while no hard data either way I'd think that there are just as many prospective GTO owners that want unique as those that want resale red.

5. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    I think I can find out for you.

6. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Thank you. Makes much sense.

7. jeffmoore

jeffmoore Karting

Feb 19, 2011
    Interesting question on the colours. I have a RC GTO here in Europe and i track the market by some apps that alert me when a GTO comes up for sale.

What i have seen here in Europe is that black and dark grey GTO's stay for sale the longest. The red ones are actually not for sale that often and are always gone quickly.

Just my coloured and quick analysis on the EU GTO market

8. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Graham, I made a call on your behalf. I'll PM you when I hear back. ROMO

9. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Continental (CAS) just listed a RC GTO with 5,153 miles for $778,895. As long as the economy stays on track I don't think prices of close to $1Million for some low milage cars are unrealistic by the end of 2016.

10. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I know of one owner that will sell his delivery mile GTO once/if he can get $1mm for it (whenever that may be).

So, technically though unofficially, prices are already there. ;)

11. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Just out of curiosity, what color combo?

12. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Titanium on Black

13. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Prancing 12,

Why not post some info. on the titanium/black GTO ? Is it US spec ? Racing livery/no-stripe ? Pics ? Actual mileage ? VIN ? I guarantee you that there are but a few delivery mileage GTO's in existence (to mean that means less than 100 miles on odometer). There are literally dozens (maybe more) all cash collectors who read FChat that would potentially be interested about such a GTO. Is $1M realistic for a delivery mileage GTO ? As they say - nothing ventured nothing gained, but by the end of 2016 I think that number might be attainable.

14. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    +1. I would really like to see pictures.

15. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I don't know many other details. Frankly, when he first mentioned it 6+ months ago, his pricing expectation kind of put the brakes on my curiosity.

I'll see if I can get some more details to share.

16. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    +599....we ALL like data BUT pics REALLY tell a complete story. thank you in advance!

17. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Is it a stick shift?

18. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    .....really?

19. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Recall Toolfan posting of at least one three-pedal GTO produced (apologies, Toolfan, if mistaken). Alternatively, am aware of two requests for same declined.

20. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Never any documentation (to my knowledge) of a factory produced stick GTO. Lots of talk but zero evidentiary proof.

21. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric
    Was at a non Ferrari dealer today taking to the GM, he is a friend. Mentioned I saw a friends 599gto in Hong Kong few weeks ago. He said "oh ****, you just reminded I have to txt a client about his 599gto".

I asked what was going on, no names were involved, so I wasn't out of line. He said to me "my client just got a offer for $1M for it". I said "wow!!! Hope he takes it".

It's a delivery mile car, it's a U.S. Car

I can't go into more detail as it's not a closed sale yet,

Thought some of you here might like to know that. First I seen one go for 7 figures. However I don't follow them real close.

I hope this is interesting to some of you, I will ask permission to disclose a bit more at a appropriate time.

Best
    Eric :)

22. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    We would all like to see details after the deal closes and hopefully the new owner is an Fchatter. Spec, photos, VIN, etc. would be nice. As there are very few US spec cars (125 approx.) its not an astronomical leap of logic to believe that few true "delivery mileage" (US spec. with under 100 miles) cars still exist. In fact I don't know of any true delivery mileage US spec cars for sale either publicly or privately.

23. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric

I will find out what I can and get permission to discuss. If I don't find out anything I'll still chime in. Need a week.

I know the offer is real, that's certain. I was there and saw the message to the owner.

Happy to report, I thought it would be of interest.

Best
    Eric

24. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    tortesq1-Is 193 miles too many for you to categorize as delivery miles? if not, Ferrari of Seattle has a GTO for $849K.