LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly | Page 7 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Axion23, Sep 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    It's a pity how a minority ruin it for the majority... It's not like they need anymore negative media attention, oh well back to the camel.

2. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK

why would he object to them speaking in Arabic whilst inspecting the cars?

3. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I suppose he wanted to understand what they were saying about his cars. Possibly an unusual request, but certainly not deserving of the Islamist retort.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Tim, your friend did the right thing in the end, as what they told him was absurd! I would not have asked a customer of mine not to speak in his native language while chatting with his assosiate though, as long as he spoke to me in English of course.

There is a good anecdote about a British exec who was a Jap POW in WW2 and did business with the Japs after the war knowing their language. I can say it if you are interested. :)

5. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    The flats of BH is a demanding circuit.

6. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    New car? This particular LF was delivered in June 2014 so it was hardly a "new" car in September 2015, fifteen months later.

Marcel Massini

7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
  8. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando

IMO you friend was completely out of line. I will talk to my wife or friends in whatever language I please and that conversation is none of the dealer's business. I would never deal with such terrible customer service.

9. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    This was before the video we have been discussing. This action screwed up the car as well. it went into limp mode and had to be fixed by dealer... Warranted by Ferrari of course

10. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    How does a small burnout put a car in limp mode?

11. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    If that car ever finds itself for sale in the future I would hope that any potential buyers go over it with a fine tooth comb.

12. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    It's not only that one burn out. He has been driving it like that the whole day. At "slow" speeds with no air traveling over it, the car overheated and threw itself in limp mode. if you look at the end, the emergency flashs are on and the car won't go fast anymore. From a reliable source

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    You are assuming it was just one small burnout. There is one more video of this yellow LF driving like that floating around. So i guess he doesnt do normal driving..

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Welcome.....

15. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Gotcha - thanks.

Do you know what specifically overheated? That is still surprising to me if it is the engine/coolant/oil.

I could see the diff not liking that behavior if the manettino is set for intervention.

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I suspect it could have been something as simple as a failed clamp in the cooling system.

We had a F430 here burn to the ground in traffic from a similar problem, but with the engine oil cooler.

17. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I think it's from all the window shopping on rodeo.

18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    If you tuned into the TV news tonight, there was a Police news briefing....game over for those tools in the Laffer.

19. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    Care to expand?

20. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm surprised you're not aware of this etiquette. It's considered impolite to speak in a foreign language in the presence of other person(s) in your party who obviously does/do not understand the language. At any rate, their bizarre response proves the point.

21. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    In case you didn't notice, his friend is not American and the incident didn't occur in the US.

IMO just because you are a customer, it doesn't mean you can set aside your manners. FChat members complain about foreigners settling in their countries and ignoring the local standards of behaviour... well, they are in the UK and should take care not to act like they own the place (even if they may well do in some cases :) ).

IMO, the entitlement attitude that the customer is always right... is usually wrong. It encourages bad manners which unfortunately is becoming more and more the norm of late.

22. driftwithme

driftwithme Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2009
    So if you went to lets say japan, and you spoke in English in a shop with your friends would that be rude?

23. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
  24. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Sheikhs Gone Wild reality TV series would be entertaining, replacing the Kardashian's top ratings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Start with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXqlURUvFOE