LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly | Page 5 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Axion23, Sep 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014
    This country is full of hypocrisy. I was in Beverly Hills about 3 months ago and there were 10 Beverly Hills police cars surrounding a homeless man pushing a shopping cart. He had not done anything Illegal. He was just pushing a cart through The city.

Now you have this ****** speeding through the streets of Beverly Hills and running stop signs. And he is protected by the Secret service. Like Al Pacino said in the movie In justice for all. "There is something terribly wrong here"

2. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I fully understand the concept of immunity. I understand how it protects foreign dignitaries.

Regardless of this, the law does account for pre-meditation.

When a foreign dignitary acts like this on a routine basis, pre-meditation, knowing the risk of ignoring laws, common sense, and safety ( unlike the Russian DWI case), changes the concept of immunity.

At the end of the day, a nice cash settlement goes a long way to reduce the chance of having a "victim", but I am still amazed we haven't had an opportunist "jumping" out.....

3. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Which is why, when they come to my country, and they hit the clubs, they think their money gets the girls easily.

Almost everytime i see them getting whooped for being disrespectful to the local women here.

4. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    ha, lafe's front end is too shape for a mortal human to take, he/she would probably be sliced in halves. if it is a car jumping out to get hit, the driver probably have to think about the flammability of a full carbon fiber car..let alone the speed this guy was traveling at...

5. travanx

travanx Karting

Apr 5, 2008
    Downtown Los Angeles
    Anyone know how to get Qatars attention on this? Contact info please.

6. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The story made the news.

7. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Immunity goes sometimes with Idiocraties
    He did a great Job killing his LF.

8. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    This will get him. If the public is ****** off enough they are forced to take action

9. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #109 Maranello Guy, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Exotic Cars Speeding Through Beverly Hills Focus of Police Report | NBC Southern California

10. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    "He told me verbatim, 'I could have you killed and get away with it,'" Rogers said. "I told him, 'the press is allowed to be here on the sidewalk on a public street.' He said, '(Expletive) America' and threw a cigarette at me."

Wow, that plus throwing out diplomatic immunity shows what a tool this guy really is.

11. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    Makes me welcome this generation of EV's and clean energy in the western world more and more.

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I figured as much, what a carbon blob waste of skin.

13. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Jalopnick article has a link to OUR state department.
    That should get Bad Boy into a room, for a quiet discussion or a spanking.

There HAVE been incidents of our USA "operatives" f^&%&^ing up in foreign countries, and once it makes the news, they have to quietly disappear, to where ever it is they came from originally.

Link it in the other discussion thread in FGD, above, on our page also......

15. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    See exactly like I said on page one of this thread. They can do whatever they want they are protected and the quite conversation bigtex speaks of will happen on a private aircraft as this royal and his cars are flying to the next destination out of the U.S.. Summer is almost over. On a side note anyone have vids of this guy beating on that Matt black veyron parked in the driveway the laf was smoking in? next summer will this guy and his entourage be allowed into the U.S. At all or will they pick another first world nation to terrorize?

16. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    How true, the required American Politically Correct term would be .......
    "Do you have any idea who I am ?"

17. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Maybe, just maybe the reported can get a restraining order against him .....
    As we all know holding those up always stops an attack, and they are bulletproof ;)

18. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Here you go 202-895-3521
    That is the U.S. State Dept for reporting traffic incidents ;)
    Just mentioning the yellow Ferrari in BH should do it at this point.
    Let me know what they say ..... Seriously.
    If a black Escalade shows up in your driveway with some suits in it sometime today you will know you are now on the Gov't radar and have committed a definate NO NO.

19. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    They might have diplomatic immunity but the cars dont.

Correct me if im wrong but the USSS doesnt provide clowns like these with security, The State Department does. Correct?

I find it funny how they closed up shop kinda quick with all the media coverage. I wonder if the boys are getting any heat from back home.

20. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Not sure who's actually providing security. Could be all his own or U.S. assisted. I wouldn't expect a clear cut answer. It would be interesting to know how big a deal this is back home for him after such public idiocy. Even royals don't like looking like idiots in the press.

21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I would imagine it's privately hired security.

Only a visiting head of State would be provided US security forces.

22. RaptorAKL

RaptorAKL Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    McLean, VA
    I'm no expert IIRC there are different levels of diplomatic immunity depending on whether the person on question is the ambassador, holds an official post with the embassy, is closely related to the ambassador, or is just a government official over here on tourism. The US has expelled foreign officials before. State can declare someone declared persona non grata for criminal behavior, including misdemeanors (as this would likely be), and have them expelled to their home country.

There were many wealthy Middle Easterners connected to the royal families in the DC area. Most of them seemed pretty quiet and responsible, though they certainly liked their expensive cars, clothes, restaurants, security in black Escalades, etc. There were, of course, a few asshats. I chatted with some of the Saudis a few times; I got the impression that the higher-ups or guys closer to "official business" tended to stay more discrete. According to them, most of the Arab guys driving supercars around DC were younger people who had nothing to with the embassy; many were students or simply over here for vacation. I'd wager that's the case here. Political complications aside, such a situation makes it easier for State to address versus if the ambassador behaved like this.

As for the driver? Total moron, and an arrogant ****** if that video reporter is to be believed.

23. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thats what im thinking. Im sure their personal security has CCw's. Heavy sarcasm.

The owners statement of F*** America stands on its own. Trash knows no economic, cultural or religious boundaries.

24. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Yes their cars also have diplomatic immunity, read the links above and you will see.
    Also read up on American Black Passporst, the black passport is your diplomatic immunity.
    Everyone from a low ranking guard at a U.S. Embassy can have one all the way up to the CIA station chief/oops I meant Ambassador, I am certain we provide the same level of immunity to other nations.