LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari starts smoking after being driven recklessly

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Axion23, Sep 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The Merc G's are their security team IIRC.

Good luck trying to pull them out of the car...

2. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I am very surprised that they are doing this in the US. If it happens regularly, all it takes is someone parking nearby and purposely pulling out in front of them knowing they can't stop.

A nice little lawsuit in the making.

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    no lawsuit. simply a nice payout.

one of these nutjobs hit me when i was a kid riding a scooter. i was stopped at a light in geneva and he hit me from behind, breaking the rear lamp and cracking the rear plastic covers etc.

he got out, his guards got out, and came over to me. i started to ask for his insurance etc, and the guy pulled out a wad of cash and handed me the value of the bike right there. asked if that was enough, i said yes, and he drove away.

4. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #29 Maranello Guy, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    I think it's only matter of time when LAPD will keep their eyes on those guys. BH is a serious and influent community with apparently a lot of upset citizens now.

5. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    #30 Gmaccormack, Sep 13, 2015
    Immunity from prosecution will take care of that. Royals that grant the American military access to their country's for forward operating bases do not care who's watching or filming them beat their super cars.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Udeid_Air_Base

6. Gmaccormack

Nov 30, 2010
    U.S. Secret service out rank lapd. Everytime.

Laf looks to be the same car right?
    http://youtu.be/25RwXZPQNUI

7. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Believing you are untouchable because of a G-Wagen full of security is a laughable proposition in the U.S.

Go for it. Test the theory that you're invincible long enough and someone will eventually reach out and touch you.

8. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
  9. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Look at those idiots cheering them on. The car paparazzi now-a-days becoming as bad as the real ones.

10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The security detail of foreign royalty is not just a G full of security. They are protected by the US Government! The worst that can happen to them is to be asked to leave the country, but that would lead to a diplomatic crisis. Do you honestly think that two governments would get into an argument over traffic violations?

PS: The above hold true only if the offending ****** is indeed a royal.

11. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    They really are untouchable in the sense of the law. + I don't think you would be very successful in dragging him out of the car and beating him up unless you bring along about 50 of your friends, who also should be warned that they might die trying to help you.

But if you're talking about assault rifles, rocket launchers, small tanks and whatever else you Americans got in your backyard then no, I doubt even these guys think they are untouchable, G-wagon or not. =)

With that said, the driver truly deserves to be slapped a few times. He is one badly timed moment away from killing someone. Hopefully the only thing he will hurt when he crashes is the car and his pride.

12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #37 joe sackey, Sep 13, 2015
    It is indeed, just go into the underground parking of the Beverly Wilshire Hotel (nearby this rented home) and you'll see dozens of Supercars with Middle East license plates parked there.

Marcel is right, Qatar Royal family, but understand that ME Royal families are very extensive and the parties being discussed may be distant relations.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlm8awJqeo[/ame]

13. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    Judging from the openness of that house and its exposure to the street, I wouldn't imagine that these clowns were truly important players for the Saudi's.

Only a matter of time until they hurt someone and leave the country an hour later in a Gulfstream.

14. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  15. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Bunch of ass clown piece of **** camel jockeys spending Daddy's money...go figure.

16. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I can't believe the complete disregard from those two drivers for everyone else in the neighborhood... More surprisingly was the fact that they did it so out in the open in the middle of the day where everyone was filming them. It goes without saying anyone could've pulled out and there was no way they could stop in time at those speeds. That idiot in the la Ferrari couldn't break in time for that stop sign and had to run through it. God for bid someone would've been in that intersection when the La Ferrari ran through it. Complete scumbags.

17. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Now we're reading between the lines.

Each day in America, a former member of the invincible club receives an unsatisfactory answer to the age old question "What are you going to do about it?"

18. Gmaccormack

Nov 30, 2010
    Not Saudi. Qatar. And yes they are considered that important. The U.S. Uses Qatar as a forward operating base in the Middle East. No one is stopping that laf to issue tickets. And if they crashed and killed/hurt someone they would not be charged. I doubt they fly in gulfstreams either more like private Airbus or boeings.

19. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    We have to face it, we can't say or do anything about it... We are all just observers to this idiocy

20. sizquik

sizquik Rookie

Feb 21, 2006
    I would love to see this clown blacklisted by Ferrari for damaging the brand. But of course this isn't going to happen. Sad.

21. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Maybe the parents will do something?

22. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    wouldn't it be funny if he ran into a Escalade full of gang-bangers and they all pulled out 9mm's and popped a few caps into that jerk!

23. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Jealous?

24. GO-RAN

GO-RAN Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    TORONTO
    They are probably driving wrecklessly because of the attention. If no one was around they would tone it down a llittle. If no one gave 2 ****s they would go elsewhere.

25. robinsm

robinsm Rookie

Mar 3, 2015
    Yup, there is 3 brand new black escalade outside the perimeter of the home and one following both cars as they speed of. They are well protected. I wonder when the LAPD showed up how did that go? Did a guy in a suit simply flash a badge and tell them too go on with their day?