Crappy Replicas thread | Page 153 | FerrariChat

Crappy Replicas thread

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ninyo, May 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
  2. richard k

richard k Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Irricana Alberta
    I have seen that replica a bunch of times and it is really well done. It was one of the feature cars at out local world of wheels a few years ago. I know the owner in Calgary had it up for sale a few times and I guess it sold and ended up in Texas.

3. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  4. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #3804 greg 19425, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. olinde

olinde Karting

Mar 23, 2004
  6. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Bet it doesn't drive like one.

7. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    probably the same reason why people would spend more building a guitar from warmoth parts than it would cost to buy (pretty much) the same guitar new. The actual building of a replica could be considered a hobby in itself and something worth doing just because.

8. 308steve

308steve Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2010
    Thought I'd wake this up ----

[​IMG]

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Well they got the gawdy, tasteless look of a I am rich and have no taste part of "some" Lamborghinis right ;)
    Pete

10. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Hee, hee!

To me, that's what nearly all Fiero-based replicas look like.

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    A Boxer, no?

13. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    #3813 Graz, Apr 21, 2016
    Nicolas21 likes this.
  14. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    #3814 Flash G, May 23, 2016
    I had to do a double-take, but yes... it's a fake. The dash and a-pillars instantly give it away.

Why fake it though? You can pick one up now for $60-$70k.

Bentley Continental GT GTC Convertible 2 Door | eBay

Up for sale is this beautiful 2012 Bentley Continental GTC Super Sport Replica. This vehicle is in amazing condition and looks just like its $200,000 counterpart. This vehicle was made in 2012 by a company called Fugazzi Replica's. This was a custom fabrication shop that was located in Florida. They decided to start building these vehicles and even showed this particular vehicle at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. When Bentley caught wind of what this company was doing, they files a law suit against Fugazzi Replica's for copyright infringement and had the company shut down and had the production of these vehicles stopped. Only a hand full of these vehicles were completed and made it into the hands of eager buyers. In my opinion, this is the best one that was built and that is because it was the one that they used as their demo to show the work they did with these cars. In my opinion, this one also has the best color combination of them all. I am posting 150 pictures of this vehicle and 2 videos so that you can see how nice this vehicle really is.

This vehicle is made on the chassis of a 2002 Chrysler Sebring GT Convertible. The whole body is custom fabricated using the highest quality Fiberglas and materials that are available. The result, a custom made vehicle that looks just like the real thing and is made with such high craftsmanship. The Fiberglas panels on this vehicle are so thick and heavy. This kit is not like others that you will see. There are no waves or any blemishes on the bodywork at all. There is no cracking or any kind of that anywhere on this vehicle. The vehicle also has all the wheel wells and under-panels the a real Bentley would have. Also, many REAL Bentley parts were used to make this vehicle. The vehicle has real Bentley head lights, tail lights, real steering wheel and buttons, real Bentley shifter, real AC vents and organ pulls, real Bentley exhaust tips, Real Bentley emblems and badges, and many more items. At least $15,000 was spent on real parts for this vehicle. It would cost you at least $60,000 to $70,000 to replicate one of these vehicles with the quality of this vehicle.
    The interior of this vehicle is also totally custom. The interior was all done by the same fabrication company and real leather was used for the seating surfaces. The seats are also stitched with the Bentley logos on them. The whole interior of this vehicle was changed. The inside has a combination of leather and suede finishes throughout the interior. There is also black burl walnut laminate throughout the interior as well. It looks great and people are always telling me how much they love the color combination. Its really flashy and stands out. This vehicle just looks like a real custom Bentley.

The vehicle has a pretty new set of Asanti 22 inch Wheels on it. These wheels cost $10,000 when they were purchased and they are also painted to match the color of the Bentley. The wheels look great and are in great condition. I just recently had them painted and refreshed. The wheels are wrapped in low profile tires which are in great shape.
    When this vehicle was built in 2012, the entire vehicle was rebuilt. The whole under-body of this vehicle looks like brand new. The suspension is new, the exhaust is new, the brakes, calipers, and cross drilled rotors are new. The motor has only 40k miles on it and the entire transmission was rebuilt in 2012 as well. Mechanically, this vehicle is perfect and has no leaks, or any problems like that at all. This vehicle was done the right way. The vehicle also had a brand new convertible top installed and its in perfect condition and has a real glass rear window.

The Bentley Replica has all the options that you could ask for. It has a custom stereo as well. It has an amp in the trunk, all new pioneer speakers, a pioneer headunit with Navigation, AUX and IPOD outlets in the glove box, Satellite radio, DVD player, and a rear backup camera as well.

This Bentley Replica also has power windows that are limo tinted, power convertible top, power locks, remote keyless entry, ICE COLD AC, ABS brakes, power mirrors, xenon headlights and LED taillights, power trunk release, analog clock, and all working lighting. What more could you ask for?

This vehicle gets a lot of attention everywhere it goes. So if you are not a social person, this vehicle is not for you. You can drive this vehicle everyday and it will give you no problems at all. It as the looks of a real Bentley, buy the reliability and maintenance costs of owning a Chrysler. Also, the build quality of this vehicle is Top Notch!!! This vehicle was made from the finest fabrication shop in Florida and this is the finest example of that. This vehicle also has a great V6 engine that is so economical on gas and runs quietly.
    On a final note, this vehicle is being sold with all the original owners manuals, 2 sets of keys and two remote key fobs, and the spare tire and complete jacking set. I am also including two Bentley style flip keys for the vehicle. I had the keys cut already but they just need programming if you want to use this Bentley style keys.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. John Se

John Se Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Scottsdañe
    this car would look good in crome!

16. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Wish I had the cash... I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

17. thehick

thehick Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    VA
  18. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #3819 Dincenzo, Jun 20, 2016
  19. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    As the subject of a "how many shields can you count" contest!!!

In a sort of perverse way - I'd actually like to own that car. then I would crash it into a post (or something), so that I could claim that "I've crashed my F40, and it didn't bother me at all"!!

Sid

20. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I think George Fejer was blind, and sold this "owner" the story of a lifetime haha.

This "EffFortee" looks like 3 blind "ASE" techs got drunk, shared their Snap-Ons for a night in the ol' garage, one threw up all over the interi...wait, **** it, hurled over the entire car, and THIS is what beheld their wondrous eyes when they arouse in a hung-over status...

terrible...

21. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This could be fun...change the emblems to look like cartoons & the lettering to a balloon style script ;)

22. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  23. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name: