Daytona values | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Daytona values

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Drew Altemara, Feb 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    #101 bighitter2, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Lowest mileage Daytona would be "the Garrison spyder" 17073 the last spyder built 78 miles on the odometer at the Gooding auction when it was last sold in 2008 sold for 2.3 mil...think for a minute Last spider ...78 actual miles...original owner..cool story..wonder want it would bring today?

2. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Does anyone have any idea what the plexiglass Daytona at RM sold for?

3. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Coys is currently marketing the ex-Dick Wilkins Plexi Daytona (chassis number 13271) as 'UK chassis No.1'... and... 'documented as being the very first example of one of the mostly highly prized front-engined Ferraris to be delivered new to Great Britain.'

The documentation which Coys refers to is what you might call a promise by Maranello Concessionaires to deliver the first RHD UK car to Wilkins.

I have already been in touch with Coys to communicate my views on this description, given the extensive evidence readily available elsewhere...

4. torquespeak

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    OK, so the clarification on this description is that the Wilkins car was 'Order number 1', not necessarily 'Delivery number 1'...

5. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #105 Wheels1, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  6. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    +100 Grant

E

7. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    There are two RHD Daytona order numbers that are lower than the car Coys are selling.

Mark Shannon

8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I can't help but be amused by this. What's the betting there were similar letters to half-a-dozen other customers promising them the first car?

FWIW I make it the seventh UK RHD car registered. Having said that, is someone really going to pay more if it was the first UK car rather than the third or the sixth or the ninth or whatever? Although it often strikes me how poor auction house research is on cars they are selling (especially for potentially large amounts) given the huge sums they cream off in commission.

Jonathan

9. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
  10. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Johnathan,could you just confirm the final figure on the Daytona at Blenheim yesterday...I cant seem to find it ..?

11. torquespeak

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Mark - I'm aware of this. FWIW they told me their research showed that it was the first RHD Daytona ordered in the UK. As far as I know, this boils down to it being the car attached to the first person who said 'Yes, I'd like a Daytona please'. Which isn't saying much.

Jonathan - I agree. At first I thought the letter was the only basis for the claim, but they then clarified and said they had confirmed it was 'the first car ordered'. Which, as I say above, isn't saying much. I seem to recall a similarly questionable bit of marketing regarding the 'Ian Fleming Aston DB2/4' in recent years by the same company.

I have hammer price of £682,000, so I make that £765,640 after premium+VAT.