Official 308 GTB/GTS Market Thread | Page 44 | FerrariChat

Official 308 GTB/GTS Market Thread

Discussion in '308/328' started by vaccarella, Jan 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lucky strike

lucky strike Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2015
    Pompano Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Seeing this I'll take $72,500 for mine today. It's not even on the market. 30,200 mi full history from day one. All books and records & receipts, window sticker, tools, spare tire. Just serviced at Tim Standford's in Fort lauderdale Florida. Full Belt service, new clutch, water pump, battery. Thats all it needed. Just picked it up from him today.
    Red/tan. Ready to go. "You can't pay too much"..."You can only pay it to soon"

Call me if u want it. Steve 954-270-5999

2. 19055

19055 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Emile
  3. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Id be looking somewhere North of 125k for my 77 308GTB
    Excellent condition
    Low miles
    Red tan
    Garage space is my issue

4. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Awesome car. You may be surprised to get actual offers to that effect within the forceable future. Yellow is pretty rare also.

5. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
  6. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Pictures showing a GTS.

7. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    +1
    It's a GTS

8. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The market is so HOT that people don't even care if it is a B or S. Wow, so much BS these days. :)

9. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds like it is 1989 again! Get em while they're HOT!

10. 308 GTB QV

308 GTB QV Karting

Jan 19, 2010
  11. jessup

jessup Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2014
    Santa Clara CA USA
    Full Name:
    Jessup
    I like how they photo shopped the background out to hid the fact that they are the same old pics. Too bad you can still see the trees through the windows....

12. lucky strike

lucky strike Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2015
    Pompano Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You got that right!!

13. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    So, who's being more foolish? Those buying or those not selling?

14. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I did both!

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I was actually going to sell two, and buy one.

But that owner realized the market and it went from $35K to $50K overnight and left for Europe.

Maybe THEY know the true value.
    And, there are far more surviving early cars there I would wager, than over here where many met sad ends..

I am thinking of the Mustang Ranch NV 'glass car we saw briefly a few years ago.

16. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    So that's a wash?

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, I have more parking spaces..but the gf really loved the blue car.
    Lots of fun adventures...

It went to a good home though, Fchatter bought it.
    Went back to Pacific NW.
    Where it came from originally.

Left me with one to play with...I'll sell it for $85K!
    :D :D :D

18. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #1093 st@ven, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    I made another update for May, again using autoscout in Europe as reference.

without going into much detais this time:

cars for sale 44

cheapest available is a euro gtbi for Euro 58000
    Most expensive a euro vetro for 320K

most eye-catching is the rise of the average value compared to June 2014 ( so one year ago )

For all offered 308, the increase in value compared to a year a go is a staggering 276,9%

The average 308 in Europe in June 2014 was 44800 Euro, now it is 124000

per model:
    the average gtb/si went from 37.0K to 88.1K
    the GTB/S QV went from 51.0K to 110.6K

best performer:

An average GTB (all models, lowest and highest out))was in Juni 2014 44.9K now it is 139.0K An increase of over 300%
    Runner up, surprisingly, were the US cars in Europe. On average their pricing went up about 265%
    The fact that proper cars are getting harder to find maybe makes people less picky?

Worst performers: basically none of the model stand out here. The lowest increase on average values is still 217% That's the group of GTS/B quattrovalvoles.

some other observations:

The steel dry sump is following the vetro's footsteps.

the increase of the vetro's avearage as a seperate group over the last year was "only" 211%
    The increase of the steel dry sump was 271%

average vetro now 237K, average steel dry sump 146K,
    Or just to compare differently: the average steel dry sump price now is 32K higher that the average vetro price one year ago.

19. 308 GTB QV

308 GTB QV Karting

Jan 19, 2010
    Thanks for sharing, interesting. I have noticed that with increasing prices, also the average time before being sold has probably doubled. Probably reflects the fact that a lot of cars are out for sale mostly to make a good deal rather than than selling for other purposes.

20. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    You are probably right but compared to the last survey a lot of cars did dissappear, and a lot of new ones did show up. Sales might be slower but has definately not stopped.

Some cars, especially the modded ones, are the're already for a year however.

21. 308 GTB QV

308 GTB QV Karting

Jan 19, 2010
    Yes, they do disappear after a while and no doubt about the huge increase in price. To find a way really nice original untouched car, you have to climb quite far in the range. It will be interesting to compare these prices with selling prices for the coming auctions.

22. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Abolutely right. In the end these listed prices are asking prices and although actual sales prices will n many cases be lower. However, this is not really different than last year I guess so the increase does reflect on the actual market situation. The auctions will tell us the same, i'm pretty sure

And as an personal thought. For traders and flippers this is a nice thing. For the real enthousiast it only means higher pricing of parts, higher insurance premiums and higher maintenance cost. Personally i will not drive my cars less because of this, but this seems to be the general tendency. So less cars on the roads to be seen: a real pitty!

23. 308 GTB QV

308 GTB QV Karting

Jan 19, 2010
    Yes, asking price higher than actual selling price is probably not a new thing for this year, or the other year before that. I remember when I bought my car, I checked Dino for fun (too small wallet :|). There where around 3-4 cars in Mobile.de. Now there is 25! It's obvious that old Ferraris have become more of a dealer's item than driver's item lately.

24. 19055

19055 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Netherlands, Europe
    Full Name:
    Emile
    Wow, 320K asking for a Vetro, I missed that one. (I hope the seller did put more effort in the car than he did in the ad.. ) And I thought/found that a Vetro for about half that amount at "The Gallery" about a year ago was silly money.

Nevertheless, the current price levels start to make me uncomfortable. Imagine wrecking a Vetro.. (yes, I know, it can/should be properly insured) I find that after having the car repainted I almost don't even dare to touch it, let alone drive it. And, to make things even more complicated (that is, for me), I don't experience the "sheer driving pleasure" anymore either, like I used to. Though I still find a 308 one of the most pretty cars ever, I find that my interest has shifted from, let's say, "vintage motoring" to a more modern concept, "topless" (GTS/Spider), and with modern performance, so to say. Easiest solution would be adding such a car, but that requires me to win a lottery first. And, how bizarre, as I write this/overthinking what to do with my car I got informed that the mechanic of one of my racing-buddies has died in his sleep (rest in peace, Alberic !) , at some 52 years of age, leaving his wife and 2 still very young daughters behind.. No doubt everyone will forgive me the derail of the topic, but follow your dreams, don't postpone, cherish what you've got, be kind.. Life IS too short, and obviously no one can/will guarantee you will be getting up safe & sound the next morning.

25. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I hate to write this, Emile, but: sell your "Vetro", buy a steel carbed 308 GTB, and with the change left buy any modern open top sports car...

Rgds