330 GTC VS. 250 PF Coupe | FerrariChat

330 GTC VS. 250 PF Coupe

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by geno berns, May 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Are these two models currently worth the same? If so how did that happen?

Geno

2. mdw3

mdw3 Karting

Jan 2, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    It seems as though a GTC is still worth marginally more than a comparable PF Coupe at this time. Based on recent observations, I feel the range on 250PF is now $600-700K, while the range on GTC is approximately $650-900K (depending on condition and originality, of course). So, one could buy either in the $700K range, but I think you will get a lot more in a PF than in a GTC, for that price.

Michael

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    And with the PF Coupe, you get THE classic 3-liter Columbo engine.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Throw in the Daytonas which are now anywhere from $600k to $1.2m...

5. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    I have Both cars. I like the difference which makes for a nice experience. The 330 GTC is a great driving car---but the PF Coupe has the 250 Engine.

I think the value today is quite close (within 10% or so)

Ken Goldman

6. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    A lot more GTC's available at any given moment over the PF's. I see GTC's trading for $700-$1MM with most in the $800-850K range for the high quality drivers. Less PF's tend to trade. This is due to almost half as many produced versus the GTC's and another half possibly running around as replica GTO's and other recreations. Some think only 150-200 PF's exist. I been told a recent sale of a PF in Europe was circa $1MM. DK just listed a RHD red car for $1.2MM:
    Blue Chip and Competition Cars - Ferrari 250 PF Coupe

A few years ago when the GTC's were stagnant for years at $180-220K as the PF's were $45-$60K. That's quite a difference. How things have changed!

I may be off, but if things keep going as crazy as they have been I can see the PF being at $1.5MM in 3-4 years. The open version at $2-2.5MM currently why not?

Geno

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    The asking price on 10279 was just reduced today to $749,500: 1967 Ferrari 330 GTC

8. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Looks like a good car in not the most desirable exterior color that needs some engine work as it burns oil. That could be $30-60K depending who's doing the work and what it needs once apart. Also no mention of any tools or books (another $50K).

9. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    A while back I started a post called "has the vintage Ferrari market matured" or something like that. It wasn't very popular and faded away after a couple of posts. But the intent was to discuss just this. A 275GTB demands the same as a true Enzo era car, like a 375 America. Do the buyers know Ferraris or are they just over-excited men with money?

Back in the late 1980's when this craze started, Daytona coupes were changing hands for $600k, while no one knew a 410SA, nor would they pay that kind of money for a "stodgy looking" car.

john

10. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #10 geno berns, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    John what do you attribute this too? Is it pure ignorance or a change in taste when unwanted models shoot up into the stratosphere? What model do you see as under appreciated that's scheduled for a meteoric raise?

Geno

11. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Gene, thus far in my lifetime I have had close encounter with only a few Ferraris and I won't pretend to know them, but there is that old adage that in time the best rises to the top, or something in those lines. There is a certain aura surrounding Enzo's earlier cars; during the days when he was the sole boss of his works and he didn't really design passenger cars. The cars he built as passenger cars then were disguised racers. Then in the 60's came the road cars which were boy-racers that looked the part, and privateers raced them, but these had little in common with his winners of the olden days.

john