CS Market | Page 274 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There are plenty of CS's out there under 200K Jason. Love how the current owners are trying to drive the prices even further up by posting this crap. (Not that I blame them :) )

Black Horse has one, there are two private ones and a dealer in Europe has two all under 200K) …. but they might be "storied" LOLROF!

2. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    +1

3. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    More cs haters....got a scud I bet ?

4. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Actually I do :) do you have one?

5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Nope, a Speciale. BTW I LOVE the CS, owned one once myself and kick myself for selling it. But this idea that a car somehow is worth ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS less than another just because its been in a minor accident and has a "story" is ludicrous and silly.

6. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Refute it all you want but the market reflects it to be true.. What's the point in debating? How much do they ding airplanes for "damage history"? A lot. It's just the way it is.

7. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando

You should buy it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I would but the bank account is still smarting from the Speciale ;)

9. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    AIrplanes are not dinged 40%, and the normal airplane damage is usually considerable compared to a fender bender. The "market" is a bubble. Watch and see.

10. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando

Perhaps you can qualify your statement with a timeframe. If 20 years from now the market adjusts, is it still a bubble? Everyone who has done a bit of research can see that markets have ups and downs, very few can predict transition points and that's the key differentiator.

11. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It's no more or less a bubble than everything else increasing in value right now. Everything I own right now I bought in 2010, 2011, and 2012. It's all way up in value. You're focusing too much on CS's and not looking at the bigger picture. All collectible Ferrari's are up!!

If I sold my CS, what would I buy considering I don't like owning what everyone else owns? I don't want the new Lambo or 458 or Porsche. Those cars are everywhere. I would love a CGT or an F40 buy they cost a lot more more than a CS. I'm happy my CS has increased in value so much but even if it is a bubble and it does pop I'm still not selling it. I've nothing to replace it.

Why do you care so much anyways?

12. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    I wish everyone would just BITE their tongues (or keyboards)....

focus on what this thread is about...

who cares if its worth it.. Not worth it...

is what it is...

13. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Same feelings here, i could easily trade the CS for a very nice 458 Italia which is faster in every way, but it doesn't even come close to the driving experience i get from driving the CS!

14. MChanMD

MChanMD Karting

Jul 21, 2011
    San Francisco
    Isn't the CS a homologation car, whereas the Scuderia and Speciale are not?

15. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    well.. it's true. I think a recent CS was sold for $280K. Some CS's on ebay are listed at $159K. That CS has no story. So for two no storied CS to be apart at $120K, I can see a small accident to cause a delta greater than $120K.

16. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    I'm one of the recent buyers of a CS at north of $200k and the "no story" element was an a criteria for me but I had an open mind to cars that had some prior damage. After all, not all damage is the same.

I evaluated 2 cars that had prior damage and passed on both. On one car there were just too many small to moderate items that came up in a PPI and that raised questions about how the car had been cared for and repaired in general. On the second car we knew there had been a wreck when the car was new (per carfax) but there was no data on the scope of the damage or repairs. The absence of damage repair records was a red flag and I decided to pass - too much uncertainty. In both cases the car's were about $50k less than what I ultimately paid for a no story. car.

More recently collectors of classic cars have been paying up for unmolested original cars. I think that is part of the reason why the no story CS' are so coveted - as much for future value as for the avoidance of near term repairs or hassle.

Also, I bought in this frothy market with the understanding that we may be in a bubble and the value of the car could get whacked by 20% or more. I'm OK with that because I love the car; I plan to hold and use it long term; and the best CS' are increasingly in the collections of people who will never be in a place of needing to sell.

IMO the CS will be a $500k car within 10 years and paying an extra $50k to get a high quality one now seems like a smart move both from an enjoyment and financial angle.

17. MChanMD

MChanMD Karting

Jul 21, 2011
    San Francisco
    Lot's of new CS owners in the Bay Area since I got mine a few years ago! Come out with Joe (FOG) or Lyndon's drives! The Ferrari Challenge at Sonoma in two weeks usually involve a rally from Ferrari SF on Sat to the track.

18. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    True on all counts.

19. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't Jason. You mistake an observation for a sermon. I am happy for you. :)

20. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Rock solid logic and completely understandable. While I disagree with deltas for cost being 100K or more, a 50K delta is probably correct. Those that are above that are speculation in my opinion.

21. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    The Stradale is also too new (modern), where history counts. Give it another 10 more years or so and a car being storied etc won't vary in price as much as it does now. Look at 308s etc... I know a lot of them have been damaged in the past and from the few that I've sold, not once has anyone checked or asked if they had any previous damage or any paint work.

22. lee168

lee168 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    The stigma that comes with a car with prior damage history is reflected by the market price. A storied car is also harder to sell. This is particularly true with Ferraris. A buyer can certainly pick up a storied car for less. But, when time comes to sell, that buyer will likely not be able to command the market price of a clean, no story car. Ferraris in general have seen good increases in market value. When a market correction happens, some will likely adjust downward more sharply than others. Ones with limited availability and better overall desirability will do better in a market adjustment. It seems that the CS is revered a great deal by many and the limited availability should make it a worthy collector's car.

Save some money and buy a storied car and enjoy the drive/experience if future value isn't a key consideration. The CS should provide plenty of it....

23. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe

24. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

25. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I see two on autotrader, one for 169K and one for 139K. The one for 139K shows a minor accident, the one for 169k says no accidents, private seller. Maybe the guy has no clue he could get another 100K?