CS Market | Page 273 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    And why is that?

2. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
  3. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    What's the story there?

4. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Well that is not true. Prices have not been rising steadily over the last few years. In fact they have been stable up until 18-20 months ago and then suddenly jumped up 30-40% seemingly overnight. It just smacks of speculation...

5. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    It's not just CS. Look at 512TR or Boxers for example. They have had a dramatic price increase in the last year also. If you are in the market for a CS there are only very few no story CS available. Supply is getting smaller while demand if not at least steady is increasing.

6. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Look at scuds.. Sub 7500 miles red cars are all north of $200k selling price and known examples in the lower range of mileage spread sold for north of $220k. I think all special series fcars are sharply increasing. Let's see what happens with the Speciale. The 16m is about to spike like CS has over past 12 mo.

Btw, saw the white CS in the shop yesterday when picking up one of my cars from service... It is very sweet looking! Great find

7. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It's all relative.

Most folks can't imagine wearing a $10K watch either.

8. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Supply and demand.

9. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If prices are that high whats the deal with the private seller one on challengestradale.com that has the tan interior for 169K. Looks like a very nice car?....

10. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I agree with Jason. Basic economics. Limited production with a special history and cult following all add up to an investors dream. Talk to you in 10 years. BTW, I have no plans on selling. Love the car.

11. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    #6811 Ferrari 308 Vetro, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Agent7

Agent7 Karting

Jan 30, 2015
    Tokyo, Japan
    Full Name:
    Just Bob
    CS'si run for about 160K$ in Japan at the moment.

13. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    This week is in Essen the Big classic car show, the Techno Classica, I absurd there will be some 360 CS for sale, so we see where the Level is now.

14. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Yes it is true, at least here in the states. I've tracked the numbers.

Yep, Scuds, 16M's, etc are also on the rise.

You get what you pay for lol

15. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    What's the special history?

16. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    I'm with you. Too poor to enjoy driving a million-dollar car. If an average CS passes the 200K mark, good bye car. I would use the money to purchase a less expensive ride, something I would actually drive without thinking that I'm driving a house.

17. MChanMD

MChanMD Karting

Jul 21, 2011
    San Francisco
    #6817 MChanMD, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    I have a feeling the average clean CS is already $200k!

18. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

REALLY? Thats your response - to cast aspersions on a car? You get what you pay for?

REALLY? Wow - Fchat at its finest...

19. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

It was involved in rear-end collision.

20. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

Have you considered that perhaps he knows something about that car and is kindly saying that rather than something more declarative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have, and I consider the whole idea behind a "stories car" (excepting the frame damage/salvage title one) so very .... Ridiculous.

I've got a Lusso for sale at 100k, but it's a "stories car". - any takers? How about a F40 with frame damage that's been well repaired for 200k - any interest? (Not really but you see my point - if the CS were a real collectible nobody would give a damn about the "stories". What a made up bunch of crap to benefit the few (or the one) in the know lol.

22. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    A frame damaged F40 would cost a lot more than $200K. Just parts it would be more tan $200K. Your examples are too extreme.

Everything out there is affected by "supply and demand". Some things are more collectible than others.

23. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Who cares? Supply and Demand is all that matters. It's true with everything out there.

I just sold the last of my collectible watches in my collection. It doubled in value over the last couple years. Watch was made in 2005. They made 1000 of them. Doesn't need a special story. It's sales price was based on "more people want one than there are available for sale".

This is business 101. I can't believe this concept requires explaining.

24. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Already past $200K.

You're comparing "apples and oranges". Most million $$ cars are not driven. They're not worth 1MM because they're "great for driving". They've jumped in the "art" category. Fixing a fender bender on a $1MM car is 50% about cost and 50% about the months or years it would take to source the parts and get the work done properly. So even if "money is no object" you still have PITA factor.

Folks are have been tucking CS's away in their basements and not driving them for a while now. Keep the CS and go buy a Corvette to drive.

25. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    You missed the point completely .... What's the special history was my question. Everything you stated above is irrelevant to my question. Is there a special history?