Zonda F written off | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Zonda F written off

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by 3604u, Feb 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, Omar. Fascinating & informative write up on a fascinating place....T

2. saadxj220

saadxj220 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Dubai, U.A.E

You forgot the aston martin 1-77.
    And the lambo.

3. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014

Thanks...you just solidified my point.

4. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    He didn't. He contradicted you and proved you wrong.

5. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Did we read the same entry?

6. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Yes, you said it was a waste of money. He proved it wasn't.

7. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    When did I ever say a Zonda F was A waste of money? My comment was that the typical habit of Dubai is that people DO waste money. Very different concept.

8. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    #33 3omar, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    Oh, I thought you were joking. You really didn't understand what I said, did you?

To summarize, I said the Dubai police has a small number of exotic police cars as tourist attractions because it helps cement the image of the city as a high-end tourist destination. So hotels and restaurants and retail shops across the city are able to sell high-end products and services to rich tourists, which generates high levels of economic activity for the city.

A waste of money is when someone buys something they don't need. But when you decorate a shop well to attract big-spending customers or serve quality food in first class on a plane, it's not a waste of money because in return for spending money on these things, you make way more money from the customers.

Anyway, if you didn't understand my initial detailed explanation, I'm not sure that this new post of mine will do any better.

The person who responded to you saying that I proved you wrong was not talking about the Zonda F being a waste of money. He was trying to tell you that I proved you wrong on Dubai. It seems you also misunderstood the person who was trying to tell you that you misunderstood me... Hahaha

Anyway, that's the last post I am going to write on this subject. If you still insist that you're right, then fine... You won... Congratulations!

9. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
  10. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014

I don't see it the same way, but we can simply agree to disagree. Fair enough?

11. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    nicely written i must say.
    Let me add my 2 cents ,

Dubai is a hot spot for money laundering from other middle eastern countries, India, africa and CIS states.

Its port Jebel ali, is the route to africa and other Middle east country and is good.

Lots of rich people there but not all are natives of UAE.

Abu Dhabi is a great city with really nice people .