Original Daytona jack kit + 275 & 250 tools | FerrariChat

Original Daytona jack kit + 275 & 250 tools

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by CollectorMorry, Feb 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    #1 CollectorMorry, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Can you verify that this is a complete jack kit for a 365 GTB/4 Daytona? Is it year specific or good for all Daytonas?

Also can anyone identify with certainty the parts in the second picture and what cars they come from? I assume they are from 275s and various 250 GTs?

Thanks for your help.

Morry
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Morry almost none of it is Daytona. PM sent.

3. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    the first jack bag with yellow scissor SMALL head is for a v late daytona

bag has cardboard lining

have seen this style taken out the cars 20 years ago and then I purchased a ton of late daytona bits from a fellow that owed 3 late daytona spyders out of newport beach.

and yes i bought the 3 briefcase style tool kits at the same time out of his garage

4. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

That sounds familiar.

5. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Hi....... That bag is a mixture of bits........I reckon only the hammer is original for a Daytona.......The nut wrench and rachet are for stud wheels not knock offs ....probably 308.......as is the scissor jack with the small head.........

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The bag with the cardboard in and all its contents, look the same as the bag and contents that came with my 73 Daytona, other than I had 2 window winders as well plus a warning triangle.

Paul I think you will find the nut wrench is an extension bar for the jack, and the ratchet goes on the end of that to work the jack.

7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #7 Wheels1, Feb 22, 2015
    I have taken a photo this morning to explain.
    It took me a while to figure out when i first got the car, but the ratchet will not fit on the jack without the bar, and I think the big rubber wheel on the bar is for hand winding the jack into place before using the ratchet.

Also attached a close up of the number of the ratchet.

8. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    #8 ryanbushell, Feb 22, 2015
  9. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    100% correct.........Mea Culpa

10. 330BRC

330BRC Karting

May 4, 2007
    Seattle, Washington
    Full Name:
    Brian Conlan
    The bulb and fuse holder, grease gun body with wing nut handle, oil wrench, front hub puller (missing the Tommy bar) appear to be matches to an original 330GTC kit I have. The pliers have a similar shape. Better photos would help verify.

11. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    My limited experience leads me to support Toms and Grants position that most likely both large and small pad jacks were supplied with Daytonas, depending on production time-line.
    I also have seen ample evidence of numerous (unintended?) mistakes, misleading or otherwise incorrect representations of "originality" in many of the pictures provided at the aforementioned website link.
    I wouldn't be surprised to learn someday if even 3rd type of jack was available during that 4 1/2(?) years Daytona was in production. Stranger things have happened in the world vintage Ferrari research...

12. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Yes, it has to be noted that in the 60s/70s Ferrari weren't too bothered about quality control, and some Daytona's were sold with briefcase tool kits rather than a tool roll. I am merely going on what is in the owners manual, information I have gathered from other dealers and what I personally believe. I know that if I had a Daytona I'd want it to have the 6" top plate jack as per the owners manual.

13. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #13 TTR, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    I'd also like to add that relying on factory supplied brochures or manuals to provide accurate or correct information, whether for owners, parts supply, sales or service imay not always be advisable. A lot of the information within these types of publications, regardless of the make/model of the vintage car in question, is/was often based on designing and engineering stages of the product development and often contains information or reference not necesserily applicable to final product (the car). Some manufacturers, of course, attempted or resorted to supplying updated addendums if or when necessary.
    Just on Daytona alone, one could probably fill a small book or manual detailing all inaccurate information provided within factory supplied literature, not to mention any and all incorrect info perpetuated in other media, digital and print included, or other makes and models I've had opportunities to work on during my limited "career" in restoration of vintage vehicles.
    End of rant.

14. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    #14 abilliet, Feb 22, 2015
    This is interesting. I bought Queen Mother about 5 yrs ago 13965
    It has star wheels. Original jack kit. But suitcase tool kit . I asked Tom on f.chat
    who replied never seen suitcase with Q Mary . 13965 must be a late
    Car. --1971. I have all records (I think ) from when purchased new in England. - no
    record of replacing the tool kit . Any other late model gt2+2 owners have a
    Suitcase tool kit ?

15. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    #15 abilliet, Feb 22, 2015
  16. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    13965 would have been manufactured in nov/dec 1970. hence a 1970 model.

17. abilliet

abilliet Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Antony Billiet
    Thanks. Well first registered UK in 1971 . Still a late production car

18. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    Great info here, thanks. If you want to see more details ofnthis and other new tools and literature items, click below:

Search Results

Morry