Ian Poulter's Collection | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ian Poulter's Collection

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Davey S1, Jan 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    No, you are laughable

2. 599_GTB

599_GTB Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Josef
    His F50 has 230 miles since new and his 275 GTB/4 has 67.000km since new, the car gets a 18 months restoration for about 300k $! He drove his 288 GTO under 50miles, the F40 under 40miles, the F50 a few hundred yards and the Enzo about 300miles....!

3. JMOD

JMOD Rookie

Nov 20, 2014
    His California, FF and F12 probably have more miles on them

4. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    He really puts the miles on them huh.. Sad. Hopefully he gets the time in later life.

5. 599_GTB

599_GTB Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Josef
    He wrote that he bought them as investment, but maybe when he is doing some more cash he willdrives them! I read some time ago that he also don`t drive the Ford GT! I think the F12 and FF are driven.....

6. 250P

250P Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Well, that's plain boring. If bought as investments AND not using them, why post social pics and talk about them publicly... that's like posting a picture of a share certificate... zzz

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #82 joe sackey, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Alex,

I know you mean well.

However.

Every once-in-a-while this issue crops up in the Supercar section: the issue of disparaging Ferrari Supercar owners because they don't drive their cars exactly as much as you would approve.

Who says all cars should be driven 12,275 miles a year to be "enjoyed"? I mean really, those who say its "sad" that a Ferrari is only driven 50 miles in one year suggest that people who have the time to drive thousands of miles are somehow more deserving than those who don't, can't or simply won't. Give a million bucks to 2 different people and they'll spend different amounts, that's because they are human beings, and similarly we cannot discount the human element when it comes to how much anyone wants to use their cars. The notion that these cars must be driven thousands of miles to meet the seal of public approval is both futile and unrealistic, because, at the end of the day, the fact remains that the man has the cars, loves them, enjoys them, and takes care of them, and that's really all that matters. If anyone is "sad" regarding the use of his Supercars, you'd best better believe he is not!

Interestingly though, Poulter does in fact drive all the cars - as much as his frenetic schedule allows. But there are a number of cars to drive so they each only get a few miles. That's the best he can do, and if anyone doesn't like it, well, that's just too bad. There are videos online proving he drives them, and I know personally that he drives them whenever he can lay his hands on them.

Lets just enjoy the fact that this man and the rest of us share a common desire: Ferrari Supercars.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #83 joe sackey, Nov 30, 2014
    A lot of speculation, but meanwhile isn't this a beautiful image?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's the picture of the day! What is that yellow car in front?...T

10. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    275 GTB/4

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thank you, Marc!...T

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #87 joe sackey, Nov 30, 2014
  13. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    The 275 is getting painted back to its original silver color.

14. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I know a couple of people in the golf world. Word I get is this guys is a grade A prick. I wish we talking about a different golfer than him owning these.

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Joe...What other vintage Ferrari does Poulter own? I tried to load the Twitter/FB/Instagram links earlier in this thread, but could not do so on my phone...T

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Fixed.

Lets keep the posts civil.

Nobody cares about his popularity status or otherwise, all we care about is he works hard and has some cool Ferrari Supercars. That's why we are discussing his cars in the Ferrari Supercar section.

17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I'll do some checking and revert.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Kudos, Joe...T

19. hacker-pschorr

hacker-pschorr Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Land of Lambeau
    The money has to come from somewhere, maybe golfers pay too much for their fancy pants and golf clubs. ;)

Perspective people.....last year Tiger raked in $85 million to add to his net worth of $1.3 billion.
    Every pro golfer in the top 50 should be making enough to buy this collection.

For a comparison, Jay Leno brings in about $15 million a year and is "only" worth $350.

/no expert, just use Google.

I could care less if he's a CEO, ball player or trust fund baby. He's into cars and has a nice collection. More power to him.

20. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    Ian has a bad rep, mostly from people bitter that he keeps doing so well on the winning side in the Ryder Cup. He's actually a nice guy and his story about becoming a pro golfer is rather amazing.

21. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    +1

22. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Joe had a perfect answer to the mileage "concern." I have a four Ferraris and some days I think that I don't drive them enough and some days I think that I drive them just the right amount. However much it is compared to other people's ideal mileage is irrelevant; I drive them as much as I can and feel to to maximize my enjoyment of them. People still feel like they should comment. I don't care.

As far as the tangent as to his personality, I know first hand what it is like to be a professional athlete and i know from personal experience that regardless of how much out of the way you go to be nice and accommodating to total strangers, there will always be people who cannot be pleased under any circumstances and are perfectly willing to tell everyone who will listen that you're an ******. Whatever. I'm sure that he's not losing any sleep that people who have never met him feel like they should report he's a db.

Back to the relevant topic, I've seen his F50 in person and inspected it (I almost bought it) and it is a very nice car. I'm not sure if an F50 is the right candidate to be the second Ferrari Supercar to add to my collection but that example made a good case for it. As I said, it's very nice

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Totally.

With success comes insecure haters, its part of life.

Back on topic, I bet the cars serve as a nice bit of motivation for his success in business/golf.

24. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    +1 :)

25. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    He also just released a book and he put a chapter in it about his passion for Ferraris. I haven't had a chance to read it, but I'm sure it's worth a read.