SA Aperta Registry (an orgy of serial numbers) | Page 9 | FerrariChat

SA Aperta Registry (an orgy of serial numbers)

Discussion in '612/599' started by 134282, Aug 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    +1

Totally agree with both of you.

2. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Happy all around then.

3. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I respect that its just semantics. Anything under 10 makes sense to me too as being characterized as "ultra rare". How many F cars were made from 1948 to present (only production cars not "one off" units) where the run was less than 10 cars ? Probably only a few models from the 50's and 60's I'm guessing. I just read that MB made over 68K of my S550 in 2012. When you look at the production volume #'s of any modern car its amazing that Ferrari can even make a car with only 500-600 units being produced. Anyway, who among us wouldn't want this 599SA in our garage whether they made 80 or just 8 ? Jeez its got the GTO engine in her. Need we say more ? I'm picking up my GTO on Thursday 7/31 and I am very excited. That being said, if I could afford to purchase the much rarer 599SA I wouldn't hesitate. I have to pay for college tuition for 3 daughters so unless Facebook spikes to 1000 I'll have to make due with the GTO.

4. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    I certainly wouldn't mind having to make due with a GTO. ;) Congrats and enjoy your car - it's about having fun, not numbers. :)

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    80 samples Made : Objective

"Ultra-rare" : Subjective

My fellow silver haired Ferrari Owners, do not argue like 18 years old BMW forums members !!

6. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe

+1

7. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Congrats on the GTO, definitely one awesome beast. Please post pics when it arrives. :)

Here is my subjective vote for ultra-rare :)

8. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
  9. empunker

empunker Rookie

Jan 17, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I just saw this car at our local dealer, and to be honest I wasn't that impressed.

The color combination is not very attractive in my opinion.

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Would look great to me with the black-out details removed and wheels in silver. Rosso Dino is one of my favorite Ferrari colors. My Dino 246 GT was that color.

11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    For me that's the Rosso Dino interior trim wich ruins everything. Everything else is OK.

You had a Rosso Dino Dino... now you need A Rosso Sucderia Scuderia...

12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Despite the fact that Rosso Dino is stunning as a colour, the interior is not so good.

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree with you. I think the black wheels, black mirrors and black grill and Cavallinos are too much. Especially with such a bright color and also the bright calipers etc. Its like the car isn't quite sure if its pretty or tough. I like the overall combo though. I think a little work could fix this.

14. HogPilot

HogPilot Karting
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 9, 2014
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Todd Williams
    I like the blacked out accents, but that Rosso Dino dash ruins the look for me.

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    One thing I learned a long time ago is that leather work is cheap, especially that small amount of leather, and even if you have to pull the dash. If paint, replace with CF.

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I'm almost there, people - please, please, please, every contribution is helpful. Thank you.

17. XTP

XTP Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Xander
    Its the second 599 SA Aperta from which I know that it has a 599 GTO front bonnet.
    The other one is the yellow one in Switzerland

Gr.
    Xander

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I didn't see the yellow CH Aperta to which you were referring, but that orange Aperta is at Ferrari of Newport Beach. I've seen in, and it's in a very weird color combination - and the weirdest part is that they'll get the asking price because they're so damn rare.

19. cprob

cprob Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Carbon.. Do you know the new World Champion's Aperta? If I remember it was spec'd pretty interesting.

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Parker, can you go into more detail? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated - even if you don't know the serial number, any and every bit of information might enable to identify it.

21. cprob

cprob Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Parker
    There's a thread on it (year or two ago or so) not much info.. It was at a wheel/tuner shop in CA.. Rossa (Fuoco?) with a Very rossa interior w/ black details. If you do a search you should be able to find a vid that was around the internet.. and noo I don't vin/sn.. I've got a question or two for You.. I'll PM Regards, Parker

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Whoa! Parker!

Are you referring to Lewis Hamilton's Aperta?!?

Is that what you meant when you said new World Champion?!?

Because I have the VIN of his Aperta! I've had it for two years now!

I have seen it on only a few occasions, and always behind a chain link fence in the basement of a below-ground parking garage in Beverly Hills (after it was moved from Calabasas' The Auto Gallery after they stopped being an authorized Ferrari dealer).

It was at the Auto Gallery, covered up, at the same time as Ron Dennis' Aperta, which was also at the Auto Gallery, which was also covered up.

This car - his car - is indeed Rosso Fuoco. And when I finally saw the interior, I went home and made the following note in my database:

"So, finally, this car is Rosso (Fuoco?) with full red Alcantara - the interior looks like the blood-red velour of a pimp's Cadillac - carbon fiber dash inserts, red-stitched diamond-quilted black seat centers in the carbon fiber-backed Recaros, red Alcantara center console with a carbon fiber insert and a carbon fiber oh-**** handle, black fabric seat piping, black prancing horses embroidered into the headrests, red Alcantara and red-stitched black Alcantara and carbon fiber steering wheel, carbon fiber driving zone with LEDs, red tachometer, red plastic and red Alcantara steering column, black fabric dash piping below the carbon fiber dash inserts, black fabric central wall piping just below the insert leve of the center console, red Alcantara carpets and mats, red Alcantara-upholstered A-pillars and sun visors, red Alcantara and red-stitched black Alcantara and black-piped red Alcantara door panel inserts, red rubber and red Alcantara-upholstered e-brake, black-stitched red Alcantara-upholstered roll bars, shields, black or carbon fiber mirrors, Pirelli-wrapped black double five-spoke wheels with red center caps and red pinstripes on the rims, dark red calipers, front parking sensors, black or carbon fiber A- and C-pillars, body-colored fuel filler cap, red Ferrari car cover."​

Does that sound like the car in question? I'm admittedly liberal about admitting some of the things I've done in my life (in the past), but I am not yet comfortable admitting some of the things I needed to do in order to get this car's VIN.

23. cprob

cprob Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Parker
    YES! hilarious.. That is it! He must have to shamefully hide his F-cars while under contract.. I'll send a PM Tom. too funny

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ah, yes, your earlier message about questions and PMs. Please don't ever feel like you must post about a PM. I will chew your ear straight off about almost anything Ferrari-related, so please don't ever hesitate about contacting me - just send me any message you wish, about whatever topic you fancy, and I'll be more than happy to chat away. If it has to with VINs and/or information on a specific car, I'd be more than happy to convey whatever I might know.

For future reference, that applies to anyone and everyone else. Never hesitate to send me a message - especially if there's a VIN involved. ;)