250 PF Coupe at Silverstone S/N 1567 | FerrariChat

250 PF Coupe at Silverstone S/N 1567

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by KenGoldman, Sep 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Can someone confirm the price for this car which sold at the Salon Prive sale.

It was reported elsewhere, that the hammer price was 615,000 British Pounds Sterling.

If this is correct, this will be the first PF Coupe to break the $1 Million mark.

Thanks,
    Ken Goldman

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Mods, again. Please move...

3. bluev12

bluev12 Rookie

Nov 3, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    £615,000 plus 12.5% commission plus 20% Tax on the commission = £707,250

4. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Hi Ken........ Totally correct.......I think JK of the band Jamiroquai bought it........In my humble opinion......just an average car..........Lusso sold including commissions etc......GBP 1.897.500.......... As I've written before on here the car was painstakingly restored but incorrectly.......... Talacrest bought it I think. Sorry...but I think the world has gone mad.......

5. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    Does the 250 coupe have 4 seats? I thought 2 but in the pics on the Silverstone site it looks like it has rear seats?

6. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Not seats, just an upholstered shelf suitable for luggage.

7. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    lucky luggage!

8. iii56

iii56 Karting

Feb 21, 2014
    S.E.Asia
    Full Name:
    J Jericho
    Hi Paul,

Just out of curiosity, were u referring to Jay Kay buying the PF or the Lusso? (BIG fan of his music and a PF owner at the same time)

From what I can see through the pictures on Silverstone's website, seems like the original engine number on the block has been grinned off and a new set of numbers stamped with the incorrect font... Looks like when the original # was grinned off, it wasn't done properly... Therefore u can still see the original stamping coming through underneath the new set of number

All in all great price for what it is...

9. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    Confirm that I believe JK bought the PF........... No further comment on car.........

10. iii56

iii56 Karting

Feb 21, 2014
    S.E.Asia
    Full Name:
    J Jericho
    I guess it doesn't matter anymore these days with Ferrari, as u can take it to Classiche and have them re-stamp your original #...

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #11 Marcel Massini, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Personally I think some crazy and impulsive bidding got this particular car to this number. I always believed the 250GT would hit the 1mm mark......just not this one.

13. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    That has to be the 'best' reproduction stamping I have ever seen......... I have a vested interest but I truly dont understand why the buyers flock to auctions......especially of late...... I'm told its the feel safe factor......but if a buyer is going to purchase this way surely they would inspect the most basic details of the car prior to bidding........ especially to this price....... I do believe JK bought it but he's no fool and a tremendous enthusiast.....I can only imagine that they fed him too much Champagne.........Hope he backs it on them......if he can.

14. DaytonaKP

DaytonaKP Karting

Sep 6, 2007
    West Sussex
    Full Name:
    KP
    So what does it mean?

This is not the original engine but the engine, which is in the car has been stamped with the original engine number?

Oddly this was the only car, which sold well at the auction. Out of 56 lots only 36 sold and only FOUR we over estimate.

15. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

What this means in my humble opinion is that a maybe non matching number, maybe partially restored, car sold for a record price. If this kind of tom foolery is to be duplicated it will yet to be seen. I would think that price would be reserved for a totaly perfectly restored car.