Daytona values | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Daytona values

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Drew Altemara, Feb 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Replacement engine and gearbox in 1976 noted in auction description, wonder why?

2. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Up for sale for 24hours and believe sold for 750,000 Euro with lots of interest, I am lead to believe.
    Not sure this was the first car in the Uk though.
    Text below from add:-

We have now this special Daytona for sale. This example, with chassisnr 12853, was the very first RHD example delivered in the UK, and has been owned by some very respected car collectors during its life. It was ordered at the British Motor Show in 1969, and then delivered by Maranello Concessionaires Ltd via Alain de Cadenet to the Hon. Michael Pearson. The car came with the factory airconditioning, and was finished in Rosso Bordeaux Dino. In 1993, the car was returned to Maranello for a ground-up restoration by the factory, and repainted in its actual colour of Rosso Corsa. The last owner of the car bought it in 2003, and kept it in immaculate condition. Wider 9" wheels were fitted at the rear, but the original rear wheels are still with the car. The car comes with the original tool kit, and with a well documented history including original orderform and invoices.

The Daytona is becoming more valuable with the day, and following in the footsteps of its illustrious predecessor, the 275 GTB/4. Being the very first UK delivered RHD Daytona, this one is a very special example and offers a great opportunity to the discerned Ferrari collector to add this iconic car to his collection. We are selling this car on behalf of the owner, so please note that this magnificent Ferrari is only visible on appointment.

Used 1970 Ferrari Daytona for sale in Belgium | Pistonheads

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    12853 was not the first RHD Daytona.

12827 was RHD #1 and factory completed 28 August 1969.
    12841 was RHD #2 and factory completed 1 September 1969.
    12849 was RHD #3 and factory completed 3 September 1969.
    12853 was RHD #4 and factory completed 3 September 1969.

Marcel Massini

5. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew

6. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Marcel, you should read the text properly! It says the first delivered in the UK not the first completed by the Factory. You would need to quote UK delivery dates rather than Factory completion dates if you are trying to say it is incorrect. Very sloppy;-)

Jonathan

7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    750K euro Matt. with loads of interest.

I thought 12827 was the first Uk delivered car?

8. DaytonaKP

DaytonaKP Karting

Sep 6, 2007
    West Sussex
    Full Name:
    KP
    On the other hand there are cars that have been up for sale for a long time.

Hexagon for months and dear old Hendon Way have had their red car up for sale for about three years. If anyone can explain how that place functions I would be interested.

I think I may be under insured but I am really not sure.

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Jonathan

Splitting hairs?
    If YOU read my post properly you will (possibly) see that I did not even try to say "incorrect".

ATB
    Marcel Massini

10. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    True! I'll give you that:)

Not the first delivered because it was a demonstrator. I think the ad you quoted is quite careful in the words it uses.

Jonathan

11. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Thank you both for your help.
    Very well chosen words indeed!

Kev.
    The car at Hendon Way Motors seems to have been for sale with different dealers since 2008, when it had done 38,500 miles, much the same as it has on the clock now. Something must be putting people off!
    Mind you it was £159,000 in 2009 [ with a new interior if wanted] so there must be a nice profit in there somewhere.

12. PAUL BABER

PAUL BABER Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    London. UK.
    Full Name:
    Paul Baber
    #87 PAUL BABER, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I too thought and am still reasonably sure that 12853 WAS the first Daytona sold in the UK.....By this I mean the first new Daytona sold to a private buyer rather than a priviliged customer being allowed to buy a demonstrator previously titled to Maranello Concessionaires ........I sold the car in 2003 to the last owner.....picture as advertised then......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I suspect threads like this have something to do with why the Hendon way car hasn't sold http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/united-kingdom/113328-hendon-way-motors-2.html

14. DaytonaKP

DaytonaKP Karting

Sep 6, 2007
    West Sussex
    Full Name:
    KP
    And yet they have been in business for years. To be honest I think there are a lot of people who have a lot of different experiences with dealers/traders. There are a couple I would not go any where near but I am equally sure they have fans.

The Daytona featured in an extensive magazine article about a year ago when it was supposedly up for sale at £325K. They have had a 4 cam on sale for ages too. I am not sure if it is something to do with having quality stock on the website for effect even though they have no intention to sell. Does that make any business sense?

15. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Ok

Back on point

Where is a Daytona in USA in good to excellent condition but not concourse worth.

My guess I $r650K but just guesstimate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    autosport had an original(partially restored or sympathetically maintained) daytona listed for $895k. now sold. it was a platinum level winner. a fresh restoration may not be the most valueable. a well maintained largely original car is highly prized too.

17. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Knowing where Dino's are selling, especially not open market cars, I can't believe Daytona's would be at $650k.

I am a Dino guy, and am biased, but I would always take a Dino over a Daytona if all things were equal. That being said, I know I am in the minority.

What Dino's are selling for is crazy. Who knows where the market really is. I also know, historically Daytona's bring more than Dino's. unless the market has shifted, I would guess a driver Daytona would be in the $8xxk range.

Not saying I understand it, but in the last couple of months, I have tracked excellent V6 cars sell for numbers that started with 5, 6, 7 and 8's......... And climbing.......

Lots of VERY interesting things working but not closed..... It is crazy times!

How the Daytona doesn't track the same would really surprise me.

18. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    If it sold for that or close wouldn't make it leading the market? Daytonas look like 'chump change' compared to the earlier Enzo era cars. Monterey May close some of the gap with the low mileage Daytonas at auction

19. professor88

professor88 Rookie

Jan 10, 2010
    Bonhams daytona 6000 miles this afternoon 946K...

20. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    #95 F SPIDER, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Are those miles certified? In my time, "all" Daytona's had 40,000 miles on them, and that is how I got mine. Less than 1500 miles a year. Or, more likely, 5 years of 6000 miles and 30 years of 300 miles a year. How unlikely....

I'm happy that I put almost 10,000 miles per year on mine. Every year the car got better from regular use. But also, there was a lot of wear and tear at that level of use. Then I sold it to a very persistent buyer, that kept bugging me. Should I not have sold? Hindsight.....

I'm proud to have had that many (year round) miles in a Daytona, but now I admit that a car like that should not be your only exotic, and give it some rest in the harsh weather months.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

-K1- likes this.
  21. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Cool pic what year would that have been?( the pic not the car)

22. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld

23. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    did the blue/tan spider sell at bonhams?

24. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    $2.6m I believe

25. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I saw two weeks ago what must have been the lowest mile Daytona left, I was told about 440 miles and assume it was correct unless I misunderstood. What is the correct term for yellow for the Daytona?