Homelink Mirror | FerrariChat

Homelink Mirror

Discussion in '360/430' started by Stout, Jan 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stout

Stout Formula Junior

May 9, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor
    #1 Stout, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    Has anyone ever added a Homelink mirror to your car. I called Mito, the Gentex distributor, to inquire and they said "no way". Their application book excludes Ferrari for an unknown reason. Meaning, the sales staff don't know why it is excluded, it just is.

I know they are out there because a friend of mine has a 430 with the RadarMirror and it has Homelink buttons.

And how is the mirror removed from the windshield?

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Victor- I have a spare mirror (575M, not 360) and I will be having the Homelink system added to it. You just need a power source. Here is the company that does the conversions. $299.

Radar-Mirror

3. Stout

Stout Formula Junior

May 9, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Thanks Taz. I've looked at that option when I looked at the RadarMirror itself. They make a great integrated product for the 430 but not one for the 360. There has to be an interchange with another manufacturer for these mirrors. I've thought about just changing the windshield mount to allow a standard mirror but apparently it comes preattached to the windshield and is not removable. If I can get the mirror off, then I may be able to find a match.

4. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    In the past I have found them on ebay and installed them in two cars. Neither one a Ferrari but it was very simple. The only caution was to avoid constant power because the ones I bought also had an auto-dim feature which, if you let the car sit too long, would actually drain the battery.

5. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
  6. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Victor- All you do is buy a spare mirror, send it to the company, and they send you one back with Homelink installed. That way if the next buyer does not like it, you can reinstall the original mirror. No special mirror required. A spare mirror from Ricambi is $105.

7. spEYEdr

spEYEdr Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2007
    LA - City of Angels
    I did the radar mirror installation of the home link (in another one of my cars) and it worked well... Until I parked in the sun and the silicone glue that was used leaked out. It no longer works but Scott at radar mirror was kind enough to refund my fees.

8. Stout

Stout Formula Junior

May 9, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I added one to my Dodge truck today. I found the one made by Gentex and distributed via Mito on Craigslist for $80 new in the box. When I get the original mirror off and take a look at the mount, I'll see what I can do.

As far as sending off the mirror to get it modded, I'm still considering it. But the two button remote I use now is clipped to the underside of the dash and works.

9. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    #9 Moopz, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looks great. Assume that was hard wired using the cigarette lighter connector?

11. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Yup. Just as referenced in Trent's thread.