400i/412 Collectibles/memorabilia | FerrariChat

400i/412 Collectibles/memorabilia

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Aug 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Perusing the internet prior to yesterday's purchase, I was only able to locate a model of the 412 in silver, red, and green in 1/43 scale. Do any of you have knowledge of this series-specific source for diecast models, literature, or apparel?

2. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #3 dstacy, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    We are talking about items specific to the model of the car, such as your rather cool engine sketch/diagram - yes... I wonder what is out there that may or may not be available for these cars even though they remained in production for an extended period of time.

4. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    That picture of the 400 engine is fantastic. I want first dibs if you ever sell it!

5. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I don't remember where I got it from, somewhere in Europe, but I remember I paid a pretty penny for it. I mounted it under museum glass. The frame is hammered steel to keep with the theme.

If you can find a business with a flatbed scanner big enough in Houston I'll take it there and let them scan it for you.

6. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I was just going to say the same thing except for where I could acquire one.

Yes, go on...

I thought you're going to say 'keep the thieves out' :D

I'm on it!!

7. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Are you still in the Sugar Land area Dave?? If not, just a zip code convenient to you is all I'll need.

Here's a FedEx Center in the Sugar Creek Shopping Center area, plus they're open 24hrs. a day, 7 days a week, 52 wks. a year
    (except for major holidays of course :D )

14056 Southwest Fwy.
    Sugar Land, TX 77478
    (281) 240-7775

They said they have a 24" X 36" flatbed scanner, now how convenient is that?
    https://foursquare.com/v/fedex-office-print--ship-center/4bdb7bcc3904a59307bb4a9e

And you ought to make a lot of them, sell them so that you can make a few $$ for your time & inconvenience...then you can go get those hose reels that you've always wanted for the ranch & the shop :D

8. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I'm down for a copy plus additional "extra" for inconvenience and time spent doing it... Just let us know!

9. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That is right near me.
    Busy tonight, Mrs is taking me out for my Bday. I'll measure it tomorrow to see if their scanner is big enough and get back to all of you.

10. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Eventhough inferior to the engine in my 365, I would like to get a copy of the engine picture also. :)

11. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    I too would gladly pay for a copy of that drawing. Thanks for offering to do this.

12. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Ohh, well Happy Birthday man! Enjoy a cowboy-cut porterhouse (I'm talkin' 32 oz.) or whatever to your liking! Are you going to your favorite steak house you mentioned before??
    Great to hear it's close, & I can definitively say that the scanner is big enough thanks to your Circle Vineyards bottle you included for scale...or was it advertising? & is it for sale? :D
    & I think a ton of people are going to line up for it so make plenty of them so you only have to unmount that thing once! I'm good for 2 or 3, maybe 4...I should hang one in all my homes (maybe I should grab those TRX's so I got a hose reel for each :D ).

13. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Ouch! Didn't your mama ever tell you that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar? ;) :D

Oh, and Happy Birthday Dave! Enjoy the dinner!

14. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Totally agree,nothing better than looking(and hearing)at an engineroom full of webers.

15. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Anyone else volunteering in sharing with this bunch something cool they have relating to these series?

16. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I've got a 12 inch stack of gas receipts form 20 months of 400 ownership. Does that count as memorabilia ?

17. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    I have a 412 rubber stamp that I bought on eBay a few years back.

I think Dave was just offering me a copy. Thanks for research though, Bruce.

Happy Birthday Dave!

Cheers

Aidan

18. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Bruce, you know I was just raggin' ya?! :D

19. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    +1...& I'd like to add, Dave owns a sweet 400i! You don't want to get him mad or you're gonna be out of the loop :(

Maybe in the year 2040 :D

There you go Aidan! Good one :) You almost had me there...but I didn't see your posts 'till now.
    I was just thinkin' that if he could sell a bunch of repros, the Mrs. would be OK with him picking up those hose reels :D

:D :D Keep up with the humor Aidan, the world's too serious sometimes :(

Care to share a pic?

20. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ok so here is the good news. I took a quick measurement this morning and the print is about 17 1/2" x 25 1/2" so it looks like we can get it copied. If I can figure out how to take apart this frame and matting I'll take it over to them next week and get it scanned. I'll roll the prints up and mail them in a tube. If you guys want to cover the cost of the print, tube, and mailing that would be nice. If you want to throw in an extra thank you, ok great I could always use a little to help cover my bar tabs, but it isn't necessary. You decide.

So how many will I need to print?

21. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #22 blkprlz, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    Dave, you're too generous!
    If you doubt your ability to dismantle & reassemble the frame, I'd recommend you have the framer do it for you...& definitely add that in with the reproducing, shipping, and 'your time'.
    Knowing that it's not an original, I still feel that I'd be getting a deal @ $50. Maybe a discount for a multiple order in 1 shipment? :eek:
    Put me in for 4!

edit:
    You may want to make a few more so that in the future when someone runs into this thread, you'll be able to provide.

22. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Let me know the price, I'm in!

I'll add for a print in a tube, probably too expensive to send framed item to AK.

23. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    The framed version would be worth it if it wasn't such an inferior engine, right, Jim? ;)

In for one, Dave. Did I ever mention that the steel blue gray in that frame goes great with your eyes? :D

24. Scuderia69

Scuderia69 Karting

Mar 19, 2013
    New Kensington,PA
    #25 Scuderia69, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a similar print/drawing to the 400i but for the 412. This is part of a set of 8 drawings done in the early 80's I believe. They are on a slick plastic coated paper and I think were intended to be displayed in the service area of the dealerships.

Also a shot of the F40 and TR drawings from the same set.

Factory printed sales literature for the 400/400i/412.

Factory printed manuals for the same.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login