why is one of the best 250 SWB videos of a replica? | FerrariChat

why is one of the best 250 SWB videos of a replica?

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by -K1-, Mar 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I have been looking for good 250 SWB videos and there is a real dearth of them. Apart from the excellent RM auctions one for the recent sale of 1905GT there are not really any good videos out there that are professionally shot and show the cars well (excluding the Tour Auto ones that are interior only) apart from that controversial Petrolicious one of the yellow replica. 250 GTO there isn't much around either other than that good one that features S Mitchell and C Connor and the S Mitchell archive video.

Given the importance and beauty of these cars, it does seem odd that there is not more good video footage out there. There are of course the odd few seconds here and there but nothing to really get your teeth into. I am a bit sad that one of the best 250 SWB videos is of a replica - it did look good though!

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Have you seen this one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WHiL6oFci8]The Most Iconic Ferrari in the World - YouTube[/ame]

3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Great sounds and footage of Pierre Bardinon and his mechanic with GTO/64 5573GT at Mas du Clos in the video below that was originally posted on this site by GIOTTO and dinoSP. Unless you have superfast broadband you must be patient and wait for the whole video to download which can take around an hour. There is a horizontal indicator at the bottom of the screen which moves along from left to right of the screen as the video is downloaded. Don't hit play until it's fully downloaded or it will just start and stop.

Link here: SOUVENIR DE PIERRE BARDINON PAR JEAN FRANCOIS BARDINON - VIDEO

4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #4 miurasv, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    Another superb GTO video narrated by Robert Hardy. Both S1 (3767GT) and S2 (4399GT) demonstrated here by Derek Bell and John Surtees.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9fWVfLcUI&feature=player_embedded]Classic Race Cars part-01 - Enzo Ferrari - YouTube[/ame]

5. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
  6. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
  7. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thanks I had missed listing that DK one but had seen it previously.
    I guess what I am wanting to see is a 1960 SWB competizione with no bumpers or is that too specific!

8. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
  9. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    View from the inside only but not seen this one before. 2012 6 Hours of Spa.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46UKZU_QJSo&feature=endscreen&NR=1]Six H Spa Classic 2012 Ferrari 250 GT SWB - YouTube[/ame]

10. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    You've probably seen this one as well. The pale blue car is a steel bodied semi comp.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TMS3fvQJY4]Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta Competizione at Zolder and Spa 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

11. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
  12. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
  13. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    This is footage from the documentary "Marque of a Legend - The Quest for the Ultimate Sports Car" and it predates the "Victory by Design" series but has the same feel and filmatic qualities to it. It covers not only Ferrari, but also Alfa, Bugatti, Porsche etc. Highly recommended (it should be available on DVD).

14. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Well, my intuition was right: this production and the Victory by Desing series is produced by the same man: Tony Maylam.

15. Enigma Racing

Enigma Racing Formula 3

Jun 1, 2008
    London
    Full Name:
    Kim
    It also appears to use the same stretch of road

16. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Sir AB's estate???

17. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Never seen this one before. Looks like a great video but don't speak German (as I type this from the Black Forest in Germany....)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-1LvvWXGPk]FERRARI 250 GTO [most expensive car in the world; 14 Mio Euro] - YouTube[/ame]

18. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    I watched the video. I speak fluent German. For some reason I am not entirely sure the car is a real GTO. The outside looks correct but the inside for some reason bothers me in its authenticity. Any other opinions? Nonetheless I did enjoy watching the video! Thank you.

19. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I thought it looked real enough but with the car to car variation it is not always easy.

Did they say anything interesting in the video?

20. Athanase

Athanase Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2007
    It is not a real GTO, usual mistakes are present.

21. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I thought the windscreen may not look right? What are the usual mistakes?

22. Athanase

Athanase Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2007
    The mixture of details from early 62 to late 63 versions.

23. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Thank you. Would you care to share with us the differences between a 62 and 63 GTO or is there somewhere on the net that shows how the car evolved?

24. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    This indeed would be interesting to know. Thank you Steve!

25. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Look at the rear fender, rear window and side window frame. The rear fender is not tall enough, so the rear window is located too low which makes the door frame look awkwardly rectangular and tall.