Ferrari LaFerrari - the next Special Limited Series | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Ferrari LaFerrari - the next Special Limited Series

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Peloton25, Mar 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Yes, I hope they trickle down some tech on the lightweight from this monster.

Got to earn more money... See, this is the Ferrari magic - it moves people.

2. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    +1, Ferrari Laf should be replaced, quickly! I just got my ferrari dealer on the phone, even them are laughting!

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would bet MC will also have some version of Kers, but most likely an option due to cost.

4. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    I prefer LOLFerrari.

5. PHOEN$X

PHOEN$X Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    #630 PHOEN$X, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    I think this is an amazing car, however I can imagine the name being developed like this:

Marketing guy #1: How can we come up with a name for our new F150** hypercar that will spread our brand even further? We can't use "F150" since that is trademarked by the Ford Motor Company.
    Marketing guy #2: What if we incorporate the brand name into the model name? Then no one will be able to avoid referring to our car without saying what the brand is.
    Marketing guy #1: Brilliant! LaFerrari it is!

I think this may be the start of a new naming strategy for high end cars, and we can look forward to future car models like the 490Lexus, 790iBMW, LP850Lamborghini, 998Porsche, etc. :D

**At the 4:43 mark in this Ferrari video, the narrator calls the car "the F150".

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    At The Barcelona F1 track P1 is reported to be 6s under 458 GT3's.

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would say this:

If the name is the worst thing about this car, then they got the machine right.

8. rsvmille676

rsvmille676 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    G-town
    Full Name:
    Scott Major
    Slicks alone will give you a 3 second advantage. Put the same street tires on the 458 Challenge and watch the laps times drop. Not to mention the 458 Ch. probably has a lower ride height and stiffer springs. While the new car has a ton of aerodynamics and cool suspension stuff, it is still a suspension set up for the street. I am willing to bet that with a set of slicks, it would demolish the 458 Challenge around that track. Try to keep the argument somewhat apples to apples.

9. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    We will see P1 racing? In what class? It will fit in 2014 regulation for LeMans24?

10. mathematics

mathematics Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    LeatherFoot
    #635 mathematics, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

I feel the same way.
    these 2 will get me vote:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    Apples to apples:
    458 challenge costs: 200 000 euros
    LAFerrari costs: 1 200 000 euros, what improvment!

12. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    But let's wait for the "FXX" model of LaFerrari, then we will check what is the potantial of this car.

13. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Great looking car! Name Fail!

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I know taste is suposed to be subjective but really, how can anyone say the pagani is a more beautiful car!!!! I agree the 918 is very well designed and it´s a beautiful car...just "seems" too heavy and bulky but nontheless very beautiful. The Lalallaferrari, is miles ahead the enzo, paganis, Mclarens and other stuff...the car is beautifull and i guess that´s easy to see.
    To me, the biggest flaw on the car is the fact that the rear central element is cut in order to put the licence plate...a real shame. Other than that they got it just right.

15. 4zaJim

4zaJim Formula Junior

May 15, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim
    LOL . . . everyone's bunched up about the name but I'm reading practically no mention of the sound the car makes. My bet is that once this thing passes by the first time, most won't care what it is called.

16. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    Photoshop in black and in solid red and yellow please?
    Tank you

17. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Have you bothered to look at the website?

18. Krutsi

Krutsi Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Sami
    The thing is Barcelona is very much a power track with long straights. It is easy to believe that P1 will be much faster than restricted GT3-class cars :)

I really think LF (idiotic name...) will be faster than P1 (a bit less stupid name...) on the same track.

19. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The red/yellow are not solid on the website

Personally I would like to see the lower half in white, with a speedracer #5 on the side.

20. 250 lusso

250 lusso Karting

May 2, 2004
    And Pontiac used "GTO." Il Commendatore would have been a nice play on "Enzo" and would have summed up the car's philosophy pretty nicely. It would be better than "the the ferrari!"

21. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    honestly 918 styling looks the more conventional supercar look that is acceptable to everyone's eye thats why some prefer it but it didnt wow my inner soul

but to choose p1 or laferrari, too hard..id say each unique on their own and the solution is buy both :D

when enzo was launched many say ewww its ugly so does now with this new car..the cycle never stops

22. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

well...i would rather it be the EL Ferrari. seems a bit more masculine :)

i would have been more comfy with the LA California.

23. poppy84

poppy84 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2005
    Italy & Paris
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    GT3-6s=LMP2! IMHO it's a great result if the P1 on slick tyres will be as fast as a GT3 .

24. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    Dont really see how the Mclaren can be faster than the Ferrari..I doubt the Ferrari is THAT behind on downforce...

Can someone post this pic for me..thanks :)
    [​IMG]

25. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

As I have thought through this today, I have to say I am disappointed.

The car has too many cues based on earlier cars. And, not in a good way. This is not a case of honoring or respecting the former design and improving on it, but rather more like a copy of a few good design elements that have been assembled into the car. As such, I think the overall theme gets lost. To me, it is a 458 with a lot of "additional extras," rather than a clean sheet design. (Of course I recognize it is largely a clean sheet design, but it doesn't necessarily look like it to me.)

The distinguishing characteristic of this car over the Pagani, P1 and Porsche (as well as others) is the big V-12. I love the V-12, but other manufacturers have shown that they can squeeze out more power in a lighter and more efficient manner.

I do appreciate the technology on the car. I appreciate all the 'new items' on the car.

But, I just can't shake this feeling on the design that they got lazy. Especially withe name.