NASCAR 2012 | Page 14 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2012

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 4re Nut, Dec 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Brad is getting drunk and still has to give interviews.

He's one more chug from slurring " I luv you man " :D

Congrats to all those involved for a much deserved win.

I must add my favorite part was KB having a dominating car and not winning, again.

2. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.

^
    This...

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Anybody get "spoiled" yesterday?

Due to work, planned on watching F-1 and Homestead last night after getting home and some food in front of me. But some clueless idiot at NASCAR.com had to send out emails with "Congratulations Brad..." in the subject line. Man, if I had done that here with the Austin winner in the subject line, I would be pilloried.

So, good going NASCAR. Think about bringing up the topics of "spoiler" and "spoiler-alert" at your next social media staff meeting.

4. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Nice to have a champion with a PERSONALITY we can identify with for once!

5. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I think if the roles were reversed Kyle would have done the same, the difference being Kyle would have then been DQ'd, fined, garaged or put to last in the field.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    LOL! JJ really is the most boring racing driver ever. Keselowski is the first champion not named Stewart or Johnson in what, 8 or 9 years?

I agree.

7. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/nationwide/story/_/id/8654189/danica-patrick-voted-nationwide-most-popular-driver

Kudos to the F1 dude on winning over the rednecks! :D

8. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
  9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    hey, Narain Karthikeyan won most popular driver in the Truck Series in 2010.

it's a prestigious award :rolleyes: :D

10. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    great news for all you Danica haters!

she's getting divorced!

4RE Nut, now you have a chance! :p

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/racing/wires/11/20/3010.ap.car.nascar.danica.divorce.0166/

11. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

12. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I'm SURE she is already taken.

13. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    you think Tony's hittin' it?

:p

14. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  15. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    In an attempt to improve car recognition between
    the different manufactueres, NASCAR is allowing
    Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota subtle tweeks.

As per SpeedTV.com article:

“It's important for us to make that car look as
    much as we can like the production vehicle you
    see on the streets,” said NASCAR Vice President
    of Racing Operations Steve O’Donnell. “So (we are)
    moving some logos around with the manufacturers,
    moving some numbers off the headlights and taillights,
    again, all in an effort to have that car reflect what's
    on the street and most importantly make it easier for
    our fans to identify who's in that car race in and race out.”

Moving logo and headlight stickers around is going to make
    all the difference. It's real racin' again boys!

BHW

16. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yep. :rolleyes:

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012/11/17/3658316/nascar-paint-schemes-2013-car

Might be just the move to get Dodge back into the game. :D :(

17. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I think the new Ford looks pretty good. NASCAR is letting the visible parts of the cars have a lot more differences, beyond just stickers, and is playing with the under body, to try to equalize the cars out of sight.

18. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Looks like ESPN2 will show the best moments of 2012 for both Cup and Nationwide later today.
    Should be fun to watch and a great way for those here that are still wondering what is so great about NASCAR :)

Also read that the drivers and teams have nothing but praise for the new 6G car coming in 2013. I can't wait until they come for the Daytona winter test.

Greatest Moments From 2012 NASCAR Season To Air On ESPN2: A recap of the greatest moments from the 2012 NASCAR season is scheduled to air Thursday, Dec. 13 on ESPN2 during the 2012 NASCAR Year in Review, produced by the Emmy Award-winning NASCAR Productions. Highlights from the season will be featured in a pair of half-hour programs beginning with the NASCAR Nationwide Series at 3:00 pm/et, followed by the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at 3:30 pm/et. Each program includes the most thrilling, big-picture moments from both racing series throughout the 2012 season, including Brad Keselowski's first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship win, and the NASCAR Nationwide Series season in which Ricky Stenhouse Jr. won his second consecutive championship.(12-12-2012)

About the new car.....

On Day 1 of the final 2012 test for the new sixth-generation race car, the drivers had their say as they turned laps around the 1.5-mile Charlotte Motor Speedway. Today, it was the crew chiefs' turn. Enthusiasm for the design and performance of the new car extends beyond just the drivers. "This car is the perfect example of technology helping our sport," said Steve Letarte, crew chief of the #88 National Guard/Diet Mountain Dew Chevy. "I think we now have three makes out here that my little boy at nine-years old can tell the difference between. I think that is the goal  that anybody can walk through the parking lot and see a Chevy, a Ford and a Toyota and know that they are different. That's really what it comes down to  if you're into racing you want to watch cool cars go around the track. I think the simple fact is in 2013 we have cooler cars."

Dale Earnhardt Jr., the sport's 10-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Most Popular Driver, ran his first laps in the new sixth-generation race car. His review of the 2013 Chevrolet SS. It's a must see. "The car has really awesome potential," Earnhardt said during testing Tuesday at Charlotte Motor Speedway. "The cars that you see in the garage; you'll stand there and see Fords and Toyotas and Chevrolets driving by. It's great because everything looks different, everything is instantly recognizable."

The look of the new sixth-generation car has been a hit and so has the performance of the new car. Drivers experienced speeds on Tuesday that have the potential to break the current qualifying record at Charlotte Motor Speedway, as the speed chart topped the 193-mile-per-hour range. "It felt fast and I knew where my throttle was, so I knew it was as fast as I have ever been around this track" said Kasey Kahne. "I just think this car goes around the corner quicker."

19. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Are they just gonna air the last 20 laps of each series?

I know, I know but I never watch the Nationwide Series and only watch the major NASCAR races from start to finish.

20. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    That is why this is perfect for you.

You get to see the entire season of both series condensed into just 1 hour!

Of course there will be more commercials than highlights so use the DVR to fast forward past
    them and you'll get a solid 20 minutes of fistfights and last lap passes :D

21. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Funny you mention the Neanderthal antics that takes place in NASCAR amongst the drivers as that mentality is one of my biggest issues with the series, a sandbox/playground mentality. Not only should the team and driver have points taken away for such childish behavior but if I were a team owner I would have clause in said drivers contract that such actions could or may result in a breach of contract, sign here or the door is "rat behind ya!"

22. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    It's human nature not the series and it happens whether its at a race track or concert or court or a political meeting. Some people behave badly.

For example :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMBP1T_jw5w[/ame]

23. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Gregg,
    Watch much pro sports? The Neanderthal/sand box mentality you see in NASCAR is probably true for most team sports, at least those of male professional leagues. Psychologically and/or physically intimidating your opposition is part of the game. If you (as a player) don't get off the bench when a dugout-clearing brawl breaks out, you show that you don't have your team mate's back, right or wrong. Pit crews coming to the defense of their driver is no different in concept. Same for two cops partnering on a shift: Do you have my back?

The last 20 laps of Phoenix were galvanizing! If you didn't think that was exciting, guess there's always golf on some channel.

24. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Is it possible to have an opinion on Fchat without being told you are wrong??

25. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Sure you can...

I was just pointing out some distinctions (and parallels) between team and individual sports with regard to "sandbox" mentalities. I love watching the Yankees and Red Sox brawl. Where else can you see a collective bunch of millionaires dukeing it out?