NASCAR 2011 | Page 38 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2011

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 4re Nut, Feb 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    F1 is on track to get worse than NASCAR.

That said, drivers do get to voice their opinions to NASCAR on how they think things should be run. NASCAR decides what they think the best course of action is. You can't make 100% happy all the time - ain't possible. A driver ranting about it on a public forum will not do anything to help the sport, so I can understand them privately dinging someone that is hurting the sport when they should have it in their best interest.

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    For calling it like it is in 2007...

Tony Stewart Likens NASCAR to Pro Wrestling:

"I guess NASCAR thinks 'Hey, wrestling worked, and it was for the most part staged, so I guess it's going to work in racing, too,'" he said on his radio show. "I can't understand how long the fans are going to let NASCAR treat them like they're stupid before the fans finally turn on NASCAR."

BHW

3. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    +1000000

4. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    You mean it might have been scripted???

You don't think it's likely that after a 10 race chase,... one of the drivers goes to the back of the field, but charges thru the field,... to end with two contending drivers running 1-2 for 30+ laps,... and then it ends tied going to the tie breaker???

What makes you think it was scripted,... just because the story line was stolen from "Cars" and Lightning McQueen.

5. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Wow nice way to put words into others mouths by sheer interpretation on your part.

If you wanna play the 'Anal Mistress' part in this play just let me know so I can 'kick you to the curb' now.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    then you'll just join the ranks of unemployed racer "driver coaches"...NASCAR gets away with it because they're the 800 pound gorilla. you don't HAVE to follow their rules, but life becomes a lot more difficult if you don't.

and this isn't covered by freedom of speech, it's not the gov't telling you what you can and can't say; it's NASCAR, within the confines of being a participant in their sport.

they'll have FI at the next race... ;) only 25 years too late :rolleyes:

7. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    No thanks,... Have no interest in being anyone's anal mistress. Good luck in your search.

8. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    A very intriguing subject this is. I do realize the point that "this isn't covered by freedom of speech, it's not the gov't telling you what you can and can't say; it's NASCAR, within the confines of being a participant in their sport" but in a sense I am not wrong. Kinda funny when a series such as NASCAR overlooks the life risk of the drivers only to say you cannot talk or speak your mind in a derogatory manner of our series but thanks for risking your life for OUR GAIN!!

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    you mean the drivers who make millions of dollars risking their life, who would otherwise be blue-collar grease monkeys?

one thing I will say about NASCAR, they take care of their own, financially. everyone gets rich, if they play by NASCAR's rules. If CART or Indycar did that, things might look a little different on the US motorsports landscape.

and yeah, I'd gladly sit down and shut up if I was making a few million a year driving a race car...

10. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #935 texasmr2, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    That just makes you a whore and not a REAL racing driver imo, I guess that is what makes people like me and people like you so different. Your are willing to bend but I am willing to break, HUGE difference there.

11. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    so you're a real racing driver?!?

12. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I'm a lazy whore. That's why I came in 2nd to last in the championship, but 3rd in the playoffs :D

13. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    LOL! :)

you and I can go whorin', I mean racin' while TexasMR2 sits on the sidelines with his dignity :p

14. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Chas,

If you buy RBR, here's a championship winning crew chief that may be in need of a job: http://www.nascar.com/news/111120/dgrubb-told-out-of-job-tstewart/index.html

15. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    ha!

trust me, I'd be outbid :)

although I heard a rumor that he's staying at Stewart-Haas, just going to be "competition director", which probably means making excuses for why Danica is so slow.

16. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Simple...too much hair. :rolleyes:

17. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I feel sorry for you.
    No wait a sec - I don't.

You understand the rules of the game going in - it's no different in ANY other sport, you either choose to follow the protocol or not, but I can guarantee you one thing: if you were to quit a series NOBODY would care because there are a LOT of other people lined up to take their shot at it. Motorsports - like ALL other sports - just people as a commodity, and if you think otherwise you are fooling yourself.
    Personally, if someone wanted to PAY ME to do what I loved to do, you can bet your assz I'd do what I was told.

And as far as fuel injection goes? Yeah, right, 35 year old FI technology...

18. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yeah, that's me, and to let you in on a WELL-KNOWN 'secret', I am also JDDRE.

19. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    double dippin', eh?

disqualified!

let's see now, I finished....third. :(

never mind.... :eek:

20. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #945 4re Nut, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Whisky,

Congrats.

Thanks again for taking the initiative to suggest and run the league. It certainly made the season and this thread more exciting for me.

Me and the rest of the losers chipped in and got you a trophy...

:D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I agree! We should all split the trophy!

:eek:

On second thought...maybe he can keep it to wipe the tears away.

:D

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #947 Whisky, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    You didn't know that?
    No wonder you finished 3rd....

Next year I WISH Yahoo would change it so you take TWO drivers from the A list just like you do now from the B list, but they also need to push some drivers down to the B list, say, anyone that didn't make the chase.
    Hell, going further, they should make the 'C' list an option - but if you pick one from the C list you get double points from them.

This season, let's say Ragan, Menard and Reagan Smith were not on the C list, but of the folks left on the C list, if you took a Bobby LaBonte or Casey Mears or Trevor Bayne et al they would get you double points, but if you didn't want a C list guy you can take three from the B list. I was rather disappointed David Gilliland didn't do a teeny bit better this season, I was expecting 5-6 top-10's out of him.

23. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    why would not knowing that have impacted where I finished? :confused:

I wasn't particularly a fan of the A/B/C driver format, but it is what it is.

I am interested in opinions on next year's league, if it should be full season, playoff-only, or segment winners.

24. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #949 Whisky, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
    1) it would not have. i was trying to be funny. THUD. next season have two teams.

2) me neither, the only drivers I even came close to running out of 'starts' with was Bowyer and Kahne. I think we should pick TWO drivers from the A list just like we do the B list.

3) makes no difference to me, we just need to decide it beforehand. I have not looked, I think I was 1-1-1 in all of them this year (which jinxes me for next year).

25. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    ah. swing and a miss on that one :)

I could barely keep up with one team, two would do me in. :eek:

I won the first segment, don't recall who won the other two, I assume it was you.

are there any other free tournies that would be as good as this one, but with a better format?