Maserati Khamsin | Page 112 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  2. Doug R

Doug R Karting

Oct 11, 2005
    Yellow Springs Ohio
    #2777 Doug R, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well,
    I tried probably six different mirrors, many look bad, some don't mount well to that angle, some would have required new holes. I ended up using this one which I think I pulled off of a Scirroco many years ago. I like it's design, blends well with the Khamsin's angles IMHO. I have a matching passenger side mirror but as yet have not brought myself to drill holes for it.
    There is a lesser expensive alternative to the original mirror I had that pops up now and then on ebay, that being the Vitaloni "Rallye". Similar though not a remote control version. It would also be decent choice stylistically.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Otto Paulsen

Otto Paulsen Karting

Dec 9, 2009
    Europe
    #2778 Otto Paulsen, Oct 31, 2011
    Here is 058 on Col de la Bonnette earlier this year. One of the highest mountain passes in Europe. We did Geneva-Nice in one day taking the direct route across the french alpes. Great trip. No issues apart from some cooling stops once in a while.
    Best, Otto

4. BartvanderWeiden

BartvanderWeiden Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart van der Weiden
    Graeme,

The article did not happen but the picture looks like a piece of art! Great shot!

Bart

5. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    #2780 au-yt, Nov 1, 2011
    The Photos were taken in winter about 5 years ago. Interesting I was told I they have copy right, The Mag went broke but the backing company still has a car sales magazine.
    another favorite form the set.

Graeme

6. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    #2781 au-yt, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    Hi Doug

Interesting the Vitaloni "Rallye" or a version was on the Stratos which as we know is a Bertone / Gandini design

Regards
    Graeme

7. khamsin433

khamsin433 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2009
    Birmingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Balbir
    #2782 khamsin433, Nov 1, 2011
    My car back after an engine rebuild at a recent forum meet in a Northamptonshire village. Not as an exotic location as some of the pictures which I have to say are very nice.

Bal

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Congrats Bal, I know you had to wait a while!

So ready to tackle the roads of Burgundy I take it!

Watch your mailbox later today.

best regards,

Marc

9. BartvanderWeiden

Nov 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart van der Weiden
  10. William Abraham

William Abraham Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    William Abraham
    Hi Who did the rebuild?

11. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    #2786 AMLC, Nov 2, 2011
    Well, just for the record, I took some pictures last month in the rain from #0090, to prove that I really did drive it in the rain this time (which I hardly ever do!).

The car behaved very well in the rain by the way, also "demisting" the windows was no problem at all, using the switch to lead the air to the windscreen worked very well too.

12. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Great picture and the colour suits the car especially in the last picture, well done.

Bart not sure what the +1 means

Regards
    Graeme

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello AMLC:

Long time since we heard from you, I was in Holland in May to see the other Khamsinistas, had a great time thanks to Bart, Wil, Michel and Mr Harms, saw 5 K's in 2 days but no longer had your contact info: you have a PM.

Car looks great rare color particularly with a smooth early nose.

best regards,

Marc

14. BartvanderWeiden

Nov 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart van der Weiden
    Hi Greame,

I forgot to copy yr text in: another favorite form the set. => +1 => fully agree!

Hi ALMC,

I did write you a PM some time ago to get in touch. We have 11 K's in this country and it is good to exchange info between us. I am particularly fond of your car, closed nose, blue celeste, tan interior: Fantastic combo!

Regards,

Bart

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #2790 Nembo1777, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    Hello all:

I am sending the invitation out to European Khamsin owners, as well as a few others outside of the old world who might come, a few each day one or two at a time, I don't like mass mailing and this is a private event with a personal invitation, however if you haven't received it and require it urgently please email me at:

[email protected]

One thing: if you have it already, as mentioned please do not post the PDF online.

To answer a very pertinent question already asked by Walter Baumer and the President of the Maserati club France we will accept only Khamsins until the end of February. At that point in time we will see how many we have actually booked and will then decide if we can accept more cars.

My goal is to have thirty Khamsins, possibly fourty (from 115 cars I know of in Europe and the UK) and we will not exceed 50 cars total though I doubt we will hit that ceiling.
    Clearly the specific goal of Khamsin Quaranta is to gather as many Khamsins as possible so I am sure owners of other cars will understand.

Other Maseratis that will be considered at that time (not now) will be primarily those of the same era: Boras, Meraks, Indys, Quattroporte II, Ghiblis.

I am at your disposal if you have any questions, off line please.

Various:

I received yesterday an incredible compilation of Khamsin data and photos from Japan, a tsunami of Japanese Khamsins as Wil called it but a happy one.

I will post photos of the cars one at a time in the next few days. There is at least half of the 31 Japanese Khamsins in there!

Furthermore I was informed that yet another Khamsin has gone from the US to Austria (the second one this year though I can't mention which the first one was) and that owner mentioned to me that he has a friends who has....put on your office chair seat belt....FIVE Khamsins. Yes.

So I am awaiting information and will post what I am allowed to post by the multiple owner, I don't betray people's trust otherwise a Registry would not be feasible.

best regards,

Marc

16. gopp

gopp Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Marius Sorteberg
    Very nice AMLC!

Often the light just after rain give a almost magic lightning to the pictures, just like you demonstrate here.

On Saturday we plan a small photo shoot, with #008, #US1000 and possible my Merak as well. I hope it will not snow. You never know at this time of year.

17. gopp

gopp Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Marius Sorteberg
    #2792 gopp, Nov 2, 2011
    On #385 I have Vitaloni Baby Tornado, witch I think fits the Khamsin well. They are easy to find, and will not vibrate too much.

On #008 it's a very sleek mirror, just on the left hand side. It is the best looking mirror I have seen on Khamsin so far, and it work very well. No vibrations, and easy to adjust.

18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    In my humble opinion the nicest rear mirrors of all for a Khamsin!

Ciao!
    Walter

19. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    #2794 au-yt, Nov 3, 2011
  20. khamsin433

khamsin433 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2009
    Birmingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Balbir
    Hi William,

I had the rebuild done at Migliore Cars located in Bromsgrove, south of Birmingham. They're an independant Ferrari/ Maserati specialsist. Nice guys, easy to find on the net.

Bal

21. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Thank you all for your kind words!

Probably there have never been that many Khamsins at one place at the same time, not even in the factory in the seventies?

I also saw the pictures of #004 (around page 130). I remembered an article in Ruoteclassiche from september 2003, which was a reprint from (then) 30 years ago, featuring a test of a Khamsin by Emerson Fittipaldi. The car looks like the standard version on the outside, inside however it looks like #004, but different in many details. The colour looks like brown metallic (luci di bosco?). Is that another one of the prototypes (#006)?

22. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #2797 Nembo1777, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
    Hello AMLC:

According to Ermanno Cozza the car in the article tested by Fittipaldi, the light green one, is AM120024.
    I am quite sure I posted scans of the original article ages ago in this thread, what you say is very interesting as the original article had no interior photos so apparently for the reprint they selected different photos from the archives.
    A very interesting test drive by obviously the most competent assessor ever to test a K!

When you say luci del bosco...I have not see that...another article?

Could you perhaps scan and post them here? Bedankt!

006 as far as Cozza knows or says, has no file in the factory, zero documents, it either did not exist or was destroyed in an accident (as opposed to a crash test) these things happen and are kept quiet, Bertocchi once killed a young woman on a bycicle in the 60's but in court it was deemed she had been careless, and he was innocented.

Yes I doubt there were ever 30 K's at the same time at the factory.

The records I know of are 11 at an Intl meet in Austria in the 80's and the Intl meet at the factory in period (not sure of the year) must have had quite a few.

best regards,

Marc

23. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    #2798 AMLC, Nov 5, 2011
    This is page 1, with interior photo.

24. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    #2799 AMLC, Nov 5, 2011
  25. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The car is registered MO-327913.

Not sure if this is a Factory-number. If not, its easy to find out its VIN.

Ciao!
    Walter