Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive | FerrariChat

Excellent Major Service by T&R Automotive

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 4RE886, Mar 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I just wanted to thank Tony at T&R Automotive in SF for wonderful attention to detail on a major service for my 456. I can't tell you how much I recommend him to take care of your ferraris or any car for that matter. The cars sounds nastier than ever and runs like a top!

2. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    Tony is one of the best and a real nice guy!

3. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    +1 for Tony.....
    One of the best and caring techs I have worked with....
    Plus he gives you his 430 as a loaner when your car is in service....who else does that?

GO TONY.....

k

4. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    Thank you for the nice comments and more importantly for your trust and confidence!!!!
    Tony

SingleClutch likes this.
  5. PinoyP

PinoyP Formula 3

Aug 7, 2006
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    AL
    I just can't wait for my car to break ;)

6. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    +1000

Meticulous, contientious, fair-priced + highly educated and articulate ... what more could anyone ask when it comes to dealing with a mechanic?

Tony removes the drama from owning an exotic!

7. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    I concur with all Ferrari Pilotis who had a great experience with Tony.

By way of background, I live part of the year in Manhattan (NYC), and my Ferrari stays all of the year in SF. Due to the winter and my 6-month absence from SF, she hadn't been driven; so, when my fiance and I returned to SF, the sun was out, we took my Ferrari out for a spin on the way to dinner at Perbacco's.

As we shot up California Street, I saw a few Ferraris hanging around at a Union 76 Gas Station; I decided to check it out, and I met Tony. I was so impressed with his technical knowledge and experience that I decided to let him handle the maintenance to my Ferrari.

He exceeded my expectations; and, I am so pleased with his work. He is now my primary Ferrari technician.

Next week, he will be replacing the bushings and other maintenance stuff.

If you want excellent and reliable service and great price, check out Tony at 3898 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94118 (Union 76 Service Station).

Ciao -- a presto!

/s/ ASFJr

8. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Hilarious

9. Tifoso Ferrari

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Tony diagnosed & solved the passenger airbag problem on my 575M. Can't wait to try it out!

10. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Let us know when and where you are going to try out your airbag. I'll bring my video camera, if you don't mind.

Apollo 11 likes this.
  11. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Tony, can you check the advance curves on my 308 dizzies with pertronix setup (two pickups in one distributor)? or do you just work on the modern stuff?

Geno

12. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    We work on all Ferraris. Check your pm

13. tquigg

tquigg Rookie

Feb 9, 2006
    Sausalito, Cal.
    Full Name:
    T.M.Q.
    Tony is a highly skilled engineer and runs his business at a very professional level. He takes care of all my cars and does a great job.
    He is also a nice guy !

14. Phat Daddy

Phat Daddy Rookie

Oct 30, 2008
    N. California
    Full Name:
    Phat Daddy
    I have had three maintenance services along a major service performed by Tony and I am very satisfied with the work and pricing. I have also had him install a new exhaust system and aftermarket parts. Just as important he is always generous in his giving back to the marque through his associations with FCA and FOG.

15. Tifoso Ferrari

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Just had the 456 in for a simple oil change. Tony was able to repair some wheel curb rash at the time. The silver color-match was spot-on! All of this done in-house!!

16. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    My break lights and window switches on my 308 do not work, Tony took care of them. He is awesome !

17. TAFORZA

TAFORZA Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Full Name:
    Tony A.
    Thank you for the kind comments. You have an amazing 308 !! Can't wait to see it in action one of these days.

18. peut94107

peut94107 Rookie

Apr 29, 2007
    I have known Tony thru the local Ferrari Club for the last few years. Recently I needed help for an air bag "light on" problem in my 550 Maranello. Tony had the experience and proper electronic diagnostic equipment and fixed the problem in a fast efficient manner.
    I recommend him highly.

19. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It is great to see Tony getting all the accolades. He truly deserves it. Send your cars to him.

20. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    I brought my Ferrari to Tony and Ed at T&R Automotive in San Francisco for the first time; and, as I mentioned in my previous post, I was more than pleased with their work. I'm glad to read, all other Ferrari and exotic car owners are also pleased with his work too.

I just got my Ferrari back; and, I thought y'all would like to see some photos of my car, as well as the Ferrari 458 Italia, of which Tony and Ed worked while working on my car:

http://www.alfonsofaustino.com/Tony_Abdulmassih_TR_Automotive_Portfolio.html

Tony and Ed: Thanks for keeping my Ferrari running better than new.

/s/ ASFJr

21. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Hi Alfonso, you got the skid plates and radar - looks like you are all set for the Rally! Beautiful car. I looked at it last week when it was at Tony's shop. Love the black leather with red stitching. BTW who signed the air box.

22. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    Yes, no doubt that Tony is one of the best and I would trust him with any Ferrari!

Great write up and pics by the way!

23. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    Hi, 4RE886.

The 458 Italia isn't mine -- I drive the 328 GTS. The 458 was present at the time Tony was working on my Ferrari.

The signature is from Mario Andretti. I forgot the name of the owner of the 458; Tony mentioned his name to me in the past.

It truly is a beautiful car. It was really cool to see my 328, Tony's 430, and the 458 all in one area -- the engineering development and style through the ages are spectacular from an enthusiast's eyes and POV.

24. ASFJr

ASFJr Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2004
    SF, CA & NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Alfonso Faustino
    #24 ASFJr, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
    Hi, Financialman.

Thanks for introducing me to the investment opportunity in San Jose last week. My meeting with them was positive. I'm waiting for them to provide with some statements before I move the cash over to their company. Many thanks for the introduction.

Yes -- you are correct in that Tony is the best -- I feel truly fortunate to have met him.

Are you set for the Fog Rally event in September?

BTW, your 430 sounds wicked!

25. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Alfonso, it is great to hear that you are coming on the rally with the group! Welcome aboard!