Any Honda guys here? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any Honda guys here?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ScottForster, Sep 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Um, the crosstour is the "Accord Crosstour" :D

Man that thing is some ugly.

2. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

First car: 1988 Honda Prelude

Second car: 1996 Honda Civic EX coupe

Third car: 2004 BMW 330ci ZHP

Fourth car (purchased as a work DD while still owning the BMW): 2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr

Fifth car (purchased and still owned the BMW & Civic): Ferrari F355 F1 Spider

Sixth car: 2010 Lexus IS250 AWD (Sold the Civic to buy this.)

I love Hondas and there really isn't anything better or more reliable under $20k IMO.

3. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    True, and true.

But the 2005 Honda Accord LX, man that car is just amazing. ;):p

4. Way2Fun

Way2Fun Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Chris D.
    Hondas have got to be one of the most generic and boring cars on the planet. I wouldn't be caught dead in one. Their designers must be brain dead.

5. cbstd

cbstd Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yep, they are pretty beige. And obviously not meant for a stylish fellow such as yourself.

But you gotta love their Engineering.

Scott

6. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #31 Mark(study), Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Some of us still love Honda... the engineering and racing was the stuff of legends. After kicking butt in F1, with some of the best racing I've ever seen, Honda brought out the NSX which was given credit for changing quality of the exotic car industry in 1991.

Its a shame the new leadership of the company has gone
    "Green" and the company is no longer interested in sports cars.

1988 Drivers' World Champion. Senna drove the McLaren- Honda MP4/4 alongside Alain Prost He won eight grands prix Prost finished runner-up in the World Championship.

1989 Drivers' World Championship position - Senna second. He was again McLaren-Honda with Prost as his team-mate, but this year Prost was World Champion.

1990 Drivers' World Champion. With Gerhard Berger as team-mate, Senna won his second World Championship with McLaren-Honda

1991 Drivers' World Champion. Driving the McLaren- Honda MP4/6 Senna won seven grands prix
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. v tach

v tach Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 14, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    My old s2000 and NSX are to this day some of the best cars I've ever owned (given the time period when they were released). If Honda was to bring something similar back to the market I would be all over it. They have aged well considering how long they have been around (10 and 20 years respectively) but they are just too "old" for today's market.

8. Bullitt44

Bullitt44 Karting

Feb 22, 2005
    Westlake, OH
    Full Name:
    Jon Sabo
    Agreed. The CRX, S2000 and NSX are some most raw fun cars I have owned. I miss them all.

9. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    I've visited the Honda museum in Motegi, Japan. I have a lot of respect for the heritage they have built over the years starting with their racing success in motorcycles and on to F1.

I've been daily driving my daughter's RSX-S this past two weeks. Though I don't prefer the front wheel drive and don't like the torque steer at all, I agree about the comments re: 8K redline rpm and the high amount of engineering in Hondas.

Despite all this, I learned that it would be hard for me to own/drive a sporty Acura/Honda long term for the following reason: every ricer out there wants to race me or "hang" with me. As soon as such kids see that I'm driving an S-type. They try to race me or think that I'm one of them. I'm not trying to be discriminatory, but I don't like the stereotype that gets associated with me as I drive a Honda/Acura even if it's completely stock.

10. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    #35 Mule, Sep 22, 2010
  11. BLAMPEE

Hot car!!!

I was going to buy one of these this summer (non-Type-S), but the car felt way too heavy. Tried the TSX and the car just felt a little cheap.

I am referring to the -2008 styles. The brand new ones are just hideous.

I ultimately decided on a 2010 Lexus IS 250 AWD.

12. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    #37 agup48, Sep 22, 2010
    I love the older TL Type-S', in the future, I might buy a pair of those wheels to put on the VTAK mobile, much better than what is on there now :eek:

These wheels (except on a CL Type-S):

13. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    why not buy all four?!?

:D

14. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    I like rollin around on my steelies! Gotta problem with that? I can't afford all fo'!

15. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    #40 Mule, Sep 22, 2010
    We do like the 2011 TL with the 6 speed and AWD. Dealer in Texas offered us $28K trade, and said he could turn it for about $33K on a 3 year old Acura! Said he had a list of those waiting for a manual 2008.

2011 with this nose modification is tempting...

16. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    Heres a question for any knowledgeable honda fans:

Anyone ever heard of the civic VX? This car had something like a 72mpg fuel rating in the early 90's... Much better than today's hybrids. Never understood why they stopped making it.

17. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    It never got mileage to that level.

That being said it's gas mileage is superior to todays hybrids. The key was light weight, and a lean burning engine. The new age hybrids, aren't tweaked to that level, and the engine tuners at the factory hold back quite a bit, for safety reasons(liability for powertrain warantees), and the new age hybrids are significantly heavier. The civic vx was a spartan machine, whereas the newage hybrids have a lot of stuff on it. Without even looking at the specs on the civic vx I'm ready to bet that it's easily 400lbs lighter than either the insight or prius.

18. BLAMPEE

92-95 hatchback. ;)

19. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    When gasoline was so expensive in summer 2008 I bought the cheapest car I could find at the time that got 30+ mpg for my long commute: a 1995 Honda Civic Del Sol Si.

Now with 180k miles, the car continues to provide reliable cheap transportation. It also has kept me from putting 60k+ miles on our other nice cars over the past two years.

20. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    #45 fiorano94, Sep 26, 2010
    Dad's former lineup.

Red/Tan - 99
    Black/Black - 91
    S2000 - 2006

Only has the 91 NSX now, and a 2009 Si 4 door with all the HFP goodies. Brother has a '10 Si 4 door, and my mom has a 2008 MDX.

21. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Nice car! You are missing your front chin spoiler though.

22. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Saw my first CR-Z yesterday. Ungainly and overstyled, IMO.

23. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    There was a CRX HF, which was their high fuel economy version:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CR-X

Maybe that's what he meant?
    Brian

24. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    There was a civic vx, 92-95 i believe. It had an aggressively tuned single cam vtec-e motor.

25. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Are you serious? Your old man broke up this beautiful family?