Dating story | FerrariChat

Dating story

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by The Speedfighter, Jan 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Speedfighter

The Speedfighter Formula 3

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Lex
    Hi all,

well I have quite a nice story for you(hopefully).

Well last Tuesday I was walking with a couple of colleagues to get some lunch. I turn around to say something to my colleague, and I see a girl standing there. Really cute, so I tell my colleague that's she's cute. He walks up to her, and tells her that I thought she was cute. So to make a long story short, the girl and I ended up for lunch together that day. We exchanged numbers and today we had another lunch together.
    Took her to an Italian restaurant in our area, and we talked the whole time.
    Afterwards took her to a nice park and we walked & talked for pretty much the whole time.

Well now the point that I brought her home. We were holding hands in the car while I was driving. We arrived, she gave me a big hug and thanked me for today. I said as a joke well next time I like to have kiss, and she started kissing me.

Suddenly she stopped and told me she had to go, because she had to work tonight as a volunteer (the sudden stop was a bit strange). Well after that I drove home and send her a message

"Hey thanks for the lovely time today, hope you had a good one too! Hope to see you soon!!"

Sadly enough she hasn't responded till now but we'll wait.
    And that's pretty much the end of the story.

So what are your thoughts on this??

Cheers,

Lex

2. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Obligatory:

pics or it didn't happen :D

3. The Speedfighter

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Lex
    lol, I don't have it yet. I'll try to get some and post it up.

In meantime what are your thoughts??

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Sounds like she might have some other guy she's not overly thrilled about currently? Don't do anything more(she'll think you're a wuss) and wait for her to come to you. As it is the nice restaurant thing may have set a precedent that this guy is easy and willing to spend some coin yet deep down woman like a challenge and a guy hard to get. Just my .02. Good luck.

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Call her Mon or Tues & see whats up

7. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    #7 TG, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    Before you call her or do anything, PM me your email...

8. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds like you are “convenient” if nothing else is happening. We all have probably been there at one point or another. Walking away may be in order, but only you can tell for sure.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  10. The Speedfighter

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Lex
    Thanks for your responses!!

Well I'm wondering why doesn't she reply to my messages at all? Is it like a woman thing or something??

11. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    As close as two days ago, I would have told you to enjoy the ride.

Today, I tell you to forget about her. All women, actually. Women suck...

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

She was testing the waters and has decided to take a pass for now. If you really want to blow it keep trying to get in touch. Playing hard to get is what the really successful guy's do to get the best looking ones. You've heard that nice guys finish last, right? In your case just find one that's down to earth and be yourself. Good luck

Mike_J likes this.
  13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    It's a **** test. She's just testing you to see if your 'dependent' on her. To see whether your obsessed with her, start calling her, asking why she didn't reply the msg etc.

My advice: Leave it alone and enjoy the rest of the week. The next time you bump into her, just say hi and see where things go again. In the meantime, don't call her or text her, until u happen to see her around again.

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Messages? As in Plural? You want to be "mysterious", not a "mysterious stalker", which is exactly what wimmenfolk think early, frequent callers are, even in these TexT times.
    I cannot emphasize enough the need to heed the time-honored 3-DAY tradition *and* watch that video.

15. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Unless she maybe didn't get the txt messages, she'd respond if she was interested.

16. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Superman was on last night, maybe she's pissed?

17. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    Speedfighter:

I'm going to be blunt here, it may sound harsh but it's the truth and I hope you appreciate it for that.

First off: this girl just isn't that into you, sorry. If she was into you she wouldn't have abruptly ended the date, or if she did have to for some legitimate reason the first words out of her mouth would have been offering another time to get together. If she doesn't put just as much effort into being with you as you do then she's not really that into you and she's settling on some level

Second off: I'm still fairly new at this but don't try to force things if she's into you and you're into her it'll flow easily, without any questions or concerns. It'll feel right.

Third off: If you're dating with the intentions of finding a long term relationship/partner then the VAST majority of people you date will be incompatible with those goals. I mean lets be realistic, how many people will want to have similar lifestyle/career/retirement goals as you for FIFTY years?

Realistically the number of people that are good lifetime matches for us is VERY few and far between. So just relax, be comfortable with your single status, know that most of your dating forays won't work out and when the one does that feels right from day one hold on and don't let go for all it's worth!

18. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Yes, that's why we love 'em.

19. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    That is a nice story Lex! :):)

20. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1

And remember the one key element here - she is a girl... therefore you will never really know what she is thinking :p

lineaTesoro likes this.
  21. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    #21 wingfeather, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
    I wrote what I did because I have been in similar situations before. There is no way to win. Either she is into you & responds to your messages, or she doesn't. There is nothing you can do. And no, playing it "cool" will not make her message you... and if it did, then would you really want her anyway? You'd have to plan & control every step you take with her to make her respond... not my idea of a good time.

She could be in a dead end relationship with another guy & is trying to end it this week, so she can date you next week. Had that happen to me once. Or, she could just be a stuck up piece of **** like most women are & think that she deserves "better" (ie - Brad Pitt, Jonas Brothers).

Drive a Ferrari, smoke cigars & write women off. Nobody cares about your own happiness like you do. Women lead to men's deaths - not lifes.

22. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Take it with a grain of salt.

Something similar has happened to me. After what seemed to be a great couple weekends together, she just cut off contact.

23. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Messages? how many did you send without getting any response?

24. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    Same thing happened to me, after a month dating this one girl she just cut off contact and ignored my calls.....

nothing you can do about it, it wasn't meant to be :)
    -David

25. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    maybe she is desparately trying to contact you but is trapped under something heavy! :)
    Go to her house to check things out.

I agree w/ others play it cool for now. Reach out to her later and see what happens.