Stolen car...please help | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Stolen car...please help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Matt LaMotte, Nov 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Where my freedom is in the balance, this wouldn't work between my wife and I:

"to my knowlege my wife had nothing to do with this"

It would either be "my wife had nothing to do with this" or "the police should be questioning my ex-wife about this".

I'm just sayin'.....predicating a reply with "to my knowledge" is kind of a key phrase for leaving wiggle room to play the dumb game. The obvious question that has never been answered regards the wife's signature as notary. I can't really dream up an explanation for that which does NOT implicate involvement of some kind, so I will be fascinated to hear how that is an innocent coincidence.

2. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Oh there is DEFIANTLY something fishy going on.

3. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    What is the spelling for that cave thing batman hangs out in?

4. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Family members often look alike.

5. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Dont forget, this is Alabama. And you have to pass a test to be a notary. She may be one of a handful of notaries in the area. In fact she may be the only one in Alabama. Not such a coincidence when you consider this.

6. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #406 Jedi, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Don't understand much about statistics do you...

8. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    sarcasm

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #409 Chiaro_Slag, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    Not sure what you mean. It wouldn't matter if she was the only notary in Alabama. If you laid at a picture of all the people in the world, how would I possibly pick out her husband if I had never seen him before? And then if I did pull off the impossible and pick out her husband, what would then be the chances that the husband actually looked like the suspect?

10. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Simple If wife is notary she knows who signed the paper, if she does she should have a copy of ID of who did sign letter.................

11. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I was being sarcastic.

12. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Ummm OK. May want to work on that...

13. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #413 Smyrna355Spider, Aug 4, 2009
    Thank you Art. I didn't pay a lot of attention as most others sometimes do when typing responses. Believe it or not I do know liar is spelled LIAR I guess I just made the mistake in my hurry to respond. You seem like a great guy who has never ever made a mistake before going to crazy insulting someone. What is your deal? are you RA 's big brother or something? I just don't remember pulling your string to help me "figure things out"

By the way Art, after reviewing several of your post I have discovered you seem to have some serious misunderstanding in regard to the proper use of commas. You might want to figure out the proper use of punctuation before insulting someone.
    What do you say we both just ignore one anothers simple errors and focus on something a little more interesting.

14. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Yeah...like who's got the butter for the popcorn and what color is Ra's truck that he drives? Bet it's BLACK!!! <<< and for the record, that is not a racist statement or in any way a refelction of an individual's skin tone or ethnic background, merely pointing out the the "mystery buyer" showed up in a black truck...of course Matt never tells us what kind of truck it is, if it's a Chevrolet, Nissan....whatever....and his girlfriend didn't take any notes either?

Man this is one heck of a Swiss cheese soap opera! LOL

So Ra went silent with Matt...maybe they're both perpetuating the "new" story on how they're going to back pedal their way out of this one!

Cuff em Dano! Sorry, couldn't resist...this story brings out the fiesty in me!

15. Smyrna355Spider

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #415 Smyrna355Spider, Aug 4, 2009

This is my favorite of all Art!! You posted this about your own spelling mistakes and then have the nerve to try to point out a spelling mistake by me. You are really something special. This post of yours was from June 27th of 2009. I think this makes my point.

"POSTED BY ART"----(Not all of us use the spell checker here, but use it on a regular basis, and it's destroyed our ability to spell. I used to use Ispell, but have stopped, so I'm probably the worse offender.
    Art )

16. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    the "worse" of you and art or the "worst" on f-chat? :d sorry I couldn't resist.

17. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Words in parenthesis belong to Art.

18. Smyrna355Spider

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Stephen, I am not sure if this was addressed to me or not so I just want to clarify. The quote with worse was written by art not me. I find it to be another example of people who live in a glass house probably shouldn't throw rocks.

19. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    those are quotes

hehehehe

20. Smyrna355Spider

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #420 Smyrna355Spider, Aug 4, 2009

I think you should have tried harder to resist !

21. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    I don't have time to go through 21 page, can someone write up some Cliffs notes?

22. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'll tell you that all you have missed is a Dingleberry Parade, so walk away satisfied with knowing only that.

23. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    lol. Got it.

24. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level

post 339...

25. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    you may have missed a few posts back when i realized that not only have the authorities not questioned me about it....but neither have they questioned my wife. i made a big deal about that a few posts back. because im not my wife i can only take her word that she has not knowingly been involved in any deception dealing with her seal (surely you can understand my position here). For lack of FIRST HAND knowledge to the fact, integrity dictates that I cant and shouldnt say that I know that my wife (or anyone else for that matter) (knowingly or unknowingly) did anything wrong here. I DONT KNOW THAT FOR A FACT. I WASNT THERE WHEN THIS ALL HAPPENED, so I CANT KNOW without more info. The only way i could know for a fact that my wife or anyone else was involved is if i'd seen her or them put her signature on the document in question. To MY knowlege and recollection... I HAVEN'T. and to be honest I DON'T REALLY KNOW FOR A FACT SUCH A SIGNATURE EXISTS BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN THE DOCUMENT IN QUESTION. NOR DO I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE EVEN THE ALLEGED DOCUMENT WITH MY WIFE'S SEAL EXISTS UNTIL I SEE IT WITH MY OWN EYES (not saying its not possible or even probable). All I have is the word of Matt and the authorities that there is such a document and that it has my wife's seal on it. Though i'm growing increasingly concerned that neither of them can be trusted with the truth I have no choice but to accept their word just as i have no choice but to accept that of my wife.

Another way i could know for a fact that my wife was involved is that either prior to police involvement or after that involvement, i'd seen the document in question and found her signature is on it. to my knowledge and recollection, neither is the case. I haven't. Ive asked to see the document in question to no avail. the authorities arent going to let me see it until we get in court. Until such time as i have clear unquestionable proof that my wife is guilty im going to do for her what some of you guys refuse to do for either of us-- assume our innocence. Im going to trust my wife, respect my relationship and take HER word for it that she's innocent here. though this might be some 'quaint' and 'arcaic' notion to some of you folks here, marital trust is still sacred to some. until i have clear reason to do differently waver in this regard. This is not me 'playing dumb' this me making an informed decision based upon the current facts available to me.

Conversely, it is worth noting that a "suggestion" is not a "statement of knowledge or fact", but can be used to influence a conversation as though it were. What you've done (knowingly or unknowingly) is to 'dirty up the water' a bit by 'suggesting' that im just attempting to use "a key phrase for leaving wiggle room to play the dumb game". This is an example of how 'suggestions' can be used to influence a conversation as though it were a fact. Fox news does this alot. One example is when they characterized Michelle and Barack Obama's 'fist bump' as a 'terrorist fist jab' then trying to cover their 'arses' by placing a question mark behind it). By associating the 'fist jab' with 'terrorist' fox was attempting to characterize something totally innocent as something nefarious while not doing so directly (incidentally, I havent seen that lady on fox since that day). Simlarly, by taking an affirmation made by me regarding limits of my current knowlege regarding this mess and saying that its a 'key phrase used for leaving wiggle room to play the dumb game' says nothing about my intent (to affirm the limits of my knowlege) but perhaps, your own perception (that im playing dumb). i cant think of any reason for you saying it, except maybe you were just making an observation. If you were just making an observation, whats the endgame? to simply say it and fade into the crowd? this behavior by you seem to roll with or at least lend itself to the apparent prevailing sentiment on this thread which appears to be "he's guilty of SOMETHIN nefarious' so lets just keep stabbing at it til we find what". in academic circles this is called cultivating facts to support a pre-concieved biased conclusion. in other circles its simply called 'prejudice'. incompetents often do this to cover up for their own failures or that of a similarly incompetent associate or group with which they identify (such as sadistic and capriciously presumptuous car jocks). biases and prejudices such as these are often exploited by people with anti-social personality disorder. the unfortunate result of such behavior is that innocent people always end up having to pay SOME cost for the

Because i have neither a witness (neither my wife or the folk(s) I suspect as having really done this) nor access to evidence that might clearly establish a scenario wherein my wife or anyone else was a willing party to this, i can only trust her and assume her innocence as well as that of those i suspect.