Stolen car...please help | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Stolen car...please help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Matt LaMotte, Nov 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #326 Smyrna355Spider, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    Completely uncalled for and juvenile. I remind you Sir you posted here voluntarily. What is up with your response to TOPCARBON's simple question?

2. sozzel

sozzel Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Smells very fishy.

I don't think Matt has to clear your name, it's now your responsibility to do that.

If you were so bothered you should have demanded to clear your name the moment you heard there was a warrant for your arrest.

I know I would not be able to live life (it appears for months) knowing I could be arrested anytime (especially if it was something I know I didn't do).

3. sozzel

sozzel Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Also what's up with the username?

4. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Ra,

It is understandable why you would be focused primarily on clearing your name, if you were accused of a crime you did not do.
    I think everyone reading this thread gets that part of your posts.

However, the other key issue in this thread is who stole Matt's car.
    Since your wife was the notary on the sale document, can you or your wife answer a few questions about that?

- Did your wife see any identification of the person buying Matt's car?
    - Did she make a photocopy of that id?
    - Did she write down the information on that id?
    - Does she know anything about the person who bought Matt's car? (many of us use a specific notary because we personally know them and it is more convenient).

Also, why would Matt confuse your picture with the person he met with when he sold the car?
    Are you the same ethnic background as that person?

One of the best ways you can clear your name is to do everything you can to help catch the person who stole the car.

FYI, I am just a follower of this thread, not involved in law enforcement in any way.

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Is a genious something you get when you rub Albert Einstein's lamp?

6. Insurancefraudinvestigatr

BANNED

Jul 26, 2009
    #331 Insurancefraudinvestigatr, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    1) to my knowlege my wife had nothing to do with this. and knows for a fact of no one associated with this. (ive already said this). I have my supicions about who may have done this. But having gone through what ive gone through it makes no sense for me risk doing what Matt did here. Still, as ive said, ive tried to get everything i know to the cops and they seem uninterested.
    3) refer to item # 1
    4) refer to item # 1
    5) as to why Matt confused me with the other guy. How is that an appropriate question to ask ME??? How would I Know??!!?? (geez man some of you folks have an incredibly bizzare thought process. its not 'innocent til proven guilty to you folks..its guilty til proven innocent'). am i the same "ethnic background?!? dude, what do you think, Matt confused me with a phenotypical nordic from scandanavia?"
    6) so tell me...what is it that i havent done to help... what in the world are you talking about??

ra

7. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Wow... this just goes on, and on, and on, and on....

and on.....

Mike in Kuwait

8. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    #333 Etcetera, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Ferrari4evr

Ferrari4evr Rookie

Jan 4, 2009
    91765, CA
    Full Name:
    Rush
    Wow, honestly i've been eyeing this thread a few times, and now is the peak.

I really feel bad for you, i mean getting a car stolen seems as if it was the biggest nightmare of your life...

and now because of that idiot who stole your car, your riding a bike in rain or snow.

Hmm these cars that get stolen get imported to Tijuana sometimes don't they?
    I read an article somewhere saying that these guys can get the stolen car to Tijuana and sell it there in a matter of hours!

Gosh, i wish you the best of luck with this dillemma!

Rush

10. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    You can't even keep your story straight...

If you want to clear your name, ID those you suspect are involved...

Until then, don't complain if the spotlight is on you.

11. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    It's pretty obvious from his screen name who he thinks took the car.

12. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Agreed. PM sent...

13. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Alright I lost track of this thread when Ra showed up, cliff notes anyone?

14. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    ALLEGEDLY

Matt ALLEGEDLY "sold" his car to someone, but ALLEGEDLY gave them $1800 in the process...
    Ra's wife was ALLEGEDLY the notary for the "sale"
    Matt claims car never paid for
    Matt files police report and claims car stolen
    Matt ALLEGEDLY Identifies photo of Ra as "ALLEGEDLY looking like person who "bought" his car"
    Ra ALLEGEDLY gets questioned by policed, then released
    Ra professes complete innocence here, but may know something...
    Ra ALLEGEDLY thinks FChatSucksDick
    A little light shines on Matt and he runs away and hides...

Now... think about Ra's implied implication by his user name...

Big question is, IF this is amateur insurance fraud, who else is involved?

15. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Another interesting question is why is matt still paying on the bank note?

He claims it's because he's honorable... OK thats one explanation ( Note: i would pay off the car and fight insurance for payment later, so it's plausible).

Another would be, the minute he stops paying... an entire new set of lights shines on this mess...

and if he is involved in this mess, perhaps an entire set of charges.

just a thought...

16. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    ^what he said.

someone further up in the thread said they would stop paying on the car. Personally I would continue to pay on the car and not ruin my credit. When I was 19 I rolled an rx-7 that I ddin't have comp or collision on. I paid for that hunk of scrap for 3 years. :(. Learned a good lesson though.

17. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Ok, Ra, or whoever you are, I was the one who asked you the question about what it meant that you had information and it was an honest, simple, uncomplicated and unassociated question? You launched into such a long-winded double-speak harangue of useless info and none of it pertaining to the facts that the below comments indicate to me how worthless these contributions have been.

Easily understood. Maybe not by "Ra" but understood just the same.

Look how many damn questions are in that post and it was from someone merely asking you to clarify 1 or 2 easy questions of their own. When you start answering a question with 4 more then...yea, get the hell out of here. You either have pertinent information, so share it (since you shared your sob story about wife and kids with us, unsolicited) but not the information that exonerates your very integrity? Na, I don't think so.

Uhh, no. Where's the good Doctor? Play some cards on this assclown and summon the white coats for ra-ra-ra.

18. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Ra,

There appears to be TWO people who have seen the person who stole the car: Matt and your wife.

Your wife, being the notary on the sales document, had to have been present when the buyer of the car signed the document in front of her.

So, she must know his legal name, his home address, and would be able to describe exactly what he looks like.

Do you agree with this?

19. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    The buyer of the car would also have to produce ID for the notary and the ID number (drivers license #) would be written down in the notary book. And she may have taken a thumb print that would also be in the notary book.

I guess I have to go back and read the thread again, because I don't know why the bill of sale was notarized in the first place. You only notarize if the document is going to be recorded, as far as I know. Bill of sales don't get recorded.

Can someone set me straight?

20. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    What an interesting soap opera!

I think Smyrna is close to the mark here. First, there seems to be a lot of BS in Matt's story and there seems to be a lot of BS in Ra's story too.

I have quite a few friends who are cops, and while they do make mistakes, MOST of the time they get the right guy. Also, they deal with these people every day. They know all the stories. They know all the excuses. They know all the justifications people give. So when you have a cop telling you the excuses stink, then there's probably a very good reason he feels that way.

I thought Matt's story sounded plausible until the part where he gave the 'thief' $1800 in cash. It's conceivable that one person could be dumb enough to give up a car title without getting paid, but it's difficult to believe this person hooked up with a buyer who was willing to overpay by $1800, then just trust that the seller would give him $1800 back when he picked up the car. Not only that, but Matt gives up the car AND 1.8k based on the buyers assurance at 4:45pm that he wired the $$? That sounds difficult to believe. Also sounds difficult to believe the bank would tell him it was too late to confirm the transfer. They should be able to say yes or no, or at least "well if he just sent it, we can't confirm until tomorrow". It is all just a bit too coincidental to believe.

On this Ra guys side, I've dealt with some scumbags over the years, and I am sorry, but you sound like one of them! Thieves always have justifications for what they do... they are just trying to feed their family, they are just trying to live a straight life, they are just trying to get by. Blah blah blah. Now you want Matt to help "clear your name" by filing an affidavit that you aren't the guy - yet - you fail to explain your wife's role in this, and you go on to say that you have an idea who may have done this, but you wan't to get your name cleared before you say more. LOL! Your name ISN'T clear. You just admitted you have an idea who may be involved. Why on earth would Matt (or the cops) drop everything against you when you clearly either know something or are involved. And before you say you are not involved, you have not explained the role your wife has in all this. Saying "to my knowledge, she is not involved" is irrelevant, because she IS involved. HER stamp is on the bill of sale. Saying "I don't know how that happened" is irrelevant.

Also, in Matt's defense, it is too coincidental to believe that the guy he picked out of a lineup just happens to be the husband of the notary on the bill of sale. That has to be one in a billion - no way is that a coincidence. Also, I have never been in a police lineup, but they don't just grab random people off the street - there is a reason that this Ra guy came into the spotlight. To suggest he is just a law abiding citizen and one day he was randomly selected for a police lineup and falsely fingered as the guy makes no sense.

I think there are a few possible situations...

1) This is an insurance scam that backfired

2) Ra knows who stole the car. He may not have been directly involved, but maybe it's his brother or cousin who knows his wife is a notary, and asked her to do him a solid and notarize the document. It's now come back on Ra, and he is looking to weasel his way out of this since he isn't the one who actually stole the car, and is hoping he can get out of it without giving up the real perp.

The situation being sold by Matt and Ra is unbelievable to me... that Ra is just a regular working Joe and one day the cops falsely accuse him of a crime for absolutely no reason at all... and it's just coincidence that he's the husband of the notarizer. No way, no WAY is that just a coincidence.

I do think Ra clearly isn't the one who stole it, and may not know "for sure" who did, but he has a DAMN good idea of who did it, and I'll bet his wife knows exactly who the person is that asked her to sign the notary letter. It may even be someone she shouldn't have done it for - like a relative or friend she knew was a scumbag. And maybe Ra doesn't want any heat to fall on his wife for this one... but to make out like you were just an innocent guy minding your own business is BS!

There is also the fact that Matt says this Ra guy looks almost the same as the perp, but with longer hair. Anyone want to bet that the perp is a relative of Ra's, hence the family resemblance. Furthermore, I wonder if Ra's name came into the spotlight because the cops followed up on the notary seal lead, and the notarizers husband was known to them, so they put him in the lineup just as a chance, and whaddya know, Matt ID's the guy... only it's not the guy, but rather a close relative with a similar look.

I can't say I feel too sorry for either of these guys at the moment, nobody has won this case yet :D

21. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    ^ what he said.

does anyone know if pictures used in a police line up are pictures of people who have been charged in the past with a crime. Where would the police get a photo of Ra from anyways?

22. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    #347 Etcetera, Aug 2, 2009
  23. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #348 toggie, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    I don't think the police did a photo line-up.

Matt and the police chased the lead of the notary which resulted in pictures of her and her husband becoming discovered.

See post #202 on page 11 of this thread of their pictures.
    - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138639932#post138639932
    See post #196 on page 10 of this thread for Matt's announcement of the police finding the lead of the notary.
    - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138639464#post138639464

I suspect Ra (full name Akhnamn Ramesra) may have been identified (perhaps falsely) by Matt when the police showed him the pictures of the notary and her husband, back when they were looking to interview the notary.

This is conjecture on my part but it seems to fit the posts at the time.

24. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    I'll take it a step further...you'd think that IF she did in fact notarize this document AND Ra is innocent, she would've easily said to herself "man, this guy looks JUST LIKE MY HUSBAND!!!" and made some sort of mental note on that. I know when I see someone that looks like someone I know, ESPECIALLY someone I've been with for 22 years AND had 5 kids with, I'd make a mental note of the similarities. FAR too coincidental that his photo was picked out of several others...maybe Ra isn't the one that perpetrated the scheme...maybe he's completely innocent in that he's not the one that drove the car off (remember there was a passenger in the car that never got out or identified)...so in that case, Ra would be innocent as the person in the passenger seat may have drove the car off...which explains why Ra thinks he might have information as to who did this....isn't that like being the driver of a bank robbery and then saying you might know who actually robbed the bank?

I think it's time both Matt AND Ra came clean...tons of holes in this saga!

25. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    #350 Simon^2, Aug 2, 2009
    Ra's username tells his version of what happenned. The fact that Matt has run for cover under the lightest questioning is quite telling... Ra's posts are also quite telling. Considering Ra's wife is allegedly the notary...

Just for recap... here's the cast...

Your stars...

Matt. Ra. And the alleged notary.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login