So will Hamilton get credit as well? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

So will Hamilton get credit as well?

Discussion in 'F1' started by maxorido, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Nah; Its the "Black" thing. Wish he'd change that. ;)

PS; those that know my posts KNOW I am kidding. I've supported LH from day one on the grid. Just bringing up a real issue with some.

2. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    I have to say i agree with that...

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Well, if I remember right the safety car came out after there had already been a local yellow for a while. Under a local yellow, there is no passing in the yellow area, but you can race as hard as you like on the rest of the track.

I thought Trulli went off somewhere else on track, not in the yellow area, and Hamilton went by. At the same time, or perhaps just as Trulli was about to go off, the safety car came out.

Either way, Trulli is at fault, because if the SC was out, Hamilton is right to go by if Trulli goes off track. If the SC was not out and they were in the yellow zone, the same applies. If the SC was not out and it was in the non-yellow zone, it was just a normal pass. Whichever of the three it was, Trulli taking the spot back was against the rules, which is why he was penalized.

That's how I understood it, at least.

4. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Yep, it is a real issue with some - and too bad, because he's a good kid and a real talent.

Some have already been banned (temporarily, unfortunately) for making racist comments against Hamilton. The wording changes (to remove the racism), but the feelings obviously still linger.

I can't wait until we have a black woman in F1, the angst would be hilarious :D

5. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    An unmarried mother of eight.

I might even go to Nascar if that happens.

6. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Why? If an unmarried mother of eight (let's not get into what color) could justify her drive with skill I'd be all for it - So friggin' what if she's unmarried and has 8 kids if she can drive....

7. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Tis but a joke.

I appreciate talent no matter what. Which is why I am not a The Danica fan but lets not go there. OK ?

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A friend of mine who is a big Ferrari fan today came up with an interesting point of view:

He thinks Hamilton has an advantage over the rest of the field because he grew up racing "real" racecars without the electronic aids and that today's F1 drivers got spoiled using them and now they're in a world of trouble.

Not that I agree with that, but I found it so ironic to hear because most Hami-haters on here always looked at him as a robot driver who honed his skills on Dennis' video games.

I guess it all depends on your POV.

9. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    If he did that there would be no excuses. From anyone. Let's see if he can do then, I for one, would be happy to give him his due. After one race? Nah.

10. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's been the same for 2 years now, were in are 3rd year and your still saying the same thing thing!.
    By then the car will be better, so you will wriggle out of it, just admit you don't like the guy and wish him bad luck Luis because really, that's how your posts come across mate..;)

11. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    How phenomenal was the drive from Hamilton? Timo Glock started and finished 1 position behind Hamilton. There were what? 5-6 cars drop out in front of them and enough safety car laps to close ALL of the gaps.

I don't think Hamilton drove an outstanding race with a crap car. I think he put in a solid race with a midfield car and benefited greatly when a half a dozen cars fell out of the race and another was penalized moving Trulli below Hamilton moving him to 3rd when under his own power he would have been in 8th or just out of the points.

12. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +1

13. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    I recall last year when many said that on here. But instead of "one race" they said if he won a WC. Well he has and still things are the same. So i garantee you that next week end if he did it again....still things will be the same.

14. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Lewis has had a great car from day one, let him keep this midfield car and let's see how he does. If those 5-6 cars didn't drop out in front of him and Timo and if the safety car didn't close all of the gaps, Lewis and Timo would have been fighting for 10th.

15. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Trulli was in 3rd ahead of Hamilton and started dead last. So already there were two drivers that had better races than Hamilton and no one is talking about them.

16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Lewis had a great car, from day one Ok, and he has proved he is worthy of having a great car, so what's the problem with that.

However I admit other drivers in the race ie Trulli had a good race no doubt, but the main emphasize of this thread IMO is about Lewis, and that's why it is being debated !! because there were so many folk banging on about the only reason he show's good result's is because of the car. Well the car was crap and he started at the back and he did what he is paid to do and did a brillant job.

The fact car's dropped out is irrelevant, it happens in every race, some benefit some don't.

Or is it still so hard to swallow that glaring fact... it appears so IMO.

17. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    #67 zero, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
    All said and done no one is watching Trulli on this forum. No one is pointing fingers at the guys every move at every race. With LH every thing the guy does is scrutinised and most are waiting and praying for him to mess up. And when he does people point fingers giving there armchair analysts of were in there expert opinion were he went wrong and how they told us so:rolleyes: ...but he is still amoung the most exiting drivers in years IMO. When Trulli messes up i cant recall a whole thread dedicated to it...or am i wrong?
    But i think i can confidently say that as good as Trulli may have been at that single race. He will not be in the forerunners this year for the WC contender, i predict Lewis will.

18. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Well I points out two driver that id exactly as much as Lewis or more in one case, so that's the point of my post. All 3 drivers had sub par cars and all 3 did great jobs. Hamilton was not "the drive of the race" he was in the top 3 for "drive of the race".

Yes cars fail to finish but having 6 cars in front of you bail out is a definite help and how often does that happen? When was the last time Kimi, Fernando or Felipe had 6 cars drop out in front of them? That stat will be way back in the archives. That and it's easier to pass midfield cars than fight all day with the best of the field. When starting in 15th and finishing in 8th you've had a good day. When starting in 3rd and finishing in 2nd, you've had a good day. It's easier to get more "passes" under your belt when you're fighting with the slowest cars and you have to pass more cars to get any sort of recognition than you would if you started in the top 6 positions.

Hamilton drove very well but so did other, "lesser" drivers in the same suited car.

19. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    So because Trulli isn't mentioned as much as Hamilton is, no one should mention him at all? You must work for a media outlet.

Also it doesn't take a degree to voice an opinion about what is seen, it's a racing forum, people watch tv to see it, we aren't investigators.

That's what everyone thinks.

20. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I think it was March 29th 2009, but they couldn't capitalise on the opportunity because of their lack of either talent or reliability. Hamilton managed to get a car that he had to drag around to qualify 15th onto the podium. It is an achievement. It does not prove he is the greatest driver ever, but there is no way of proving that. He is a champion and he drove like one at the weekend.

21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'am not denying other drivers drove an excellent race, but were talking about Lewis here.

This was my prediction about Hamilton, now why do you think I predicted him in the top ten, believe me I didn't take in to account car's going off or SC or the like, I did it because I know how damn good he is.!!! end off.

BTW I also predicted Brawn to podium this year! before they had even tested!!, but that's another story.

22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1

23. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Trulli and Glock both did a great job. But considering the Toyota is a much quicker car so far than the McLaren, I am more impressed with what Lewis did by finishing ahead of Glock and just behind Trulli (pre-penalty).

I'll agree, Lewis' 3rd place definitely looked like a stronger performance than it was because of all the attrition. But I am a bit puzzled by the double standard. When Alonso won Singapore because of a lucky break with his pit stop timing and the safety car, most people here praised him instead of making excuses. Same goes for Japan when the entire Ferrari and McLaren teams went off at the first corner and effectively made it a race between Alonso and Kubica.

Yet when it's Lewis who makes the most of a lucky break people make light of it.

24. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

The two situations are just a bit different to be honest. Lewis did a fantastic job to be sure and he did capitalize on pit strategy and other people going out of the race. He did well to keep out of trouble and the results bore the fruit of all his efforts. The reality is he's got around a top ten car and that's where he would have finished, all things being equal. What Alonso did in Singapore was different. There was a lucky break with the safety car which he did capitalize on but when he got that Renault into the lead he put his head down and flew. There were several cars in that race that were better than the Renault but Alonso left them all behind.

25. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thing is Luis, I will admit FA can make a under par car punch above it's weight, just a pity you can't say the same about LH..:(

Oh I forgot it's still to early to tell, seems to me there are a still a few folk on here that like the taste of crow!!..;)