Spring Spotters | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spring Spotters

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ST&A

ST&A Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Lake Stevens
    Full Name:
    Sid Thayer
    While me and my son were in Chicago this last weekend we spotted a beautiful 612 Scag at the Trump Plaza, we also spotted 3 Bentley's and a killer GT-3.

2. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Red F430 coupe headed north on 55 near joliet rd. this morning around 10:30.

3. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Saw a black Audi R8 peel out of a parking lot at an Audi dealer near my house. I have pics I'll post later.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Gorgeous TDF blue 430 spider with challenge wheels on Chicago and Wabash , 10 am.

5. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    You'll NEVER believe what I saw today, well, I know I didn't. I was leaving school when I got to the front entrance, about 20 kids were pressed up to the door watching. I figured it was a fight or something, but no. Everybody cleared and when I finally left the school, my school, driving away was a beautiful verde ithica LP640 Roadster. My jaw dropped! No one knew who it was, but I'll ask around, find out if it's a classmate of mine!

6. Jax419

Jax419 Rookie

Dec 1, 2007
    I saw a beautiful 355 Spyder on 294 North at around 2:45PM...wow 355's are still one of the best looking f cars.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #32 tifosi12, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
    This afternoon: Silver 430 Spider Southbound on LSD.

Plus a 308 self spotting. Same place. :)

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Aha, so you took your car out to blow off the cobwebs; Kudos to you!

I don't have the nerve to put anything on the road until May; YUP,I'm a sissy!

9. SaturnVUEguy

SaturnVUEguy Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Carol Stream, IL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Saw the same Maserati spyder yesterday that I mentioned in my post with pics. Camera battery was dead this time, one of these days I'll get a pic of it

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks. The streets were fine, but it is a bit unsettling to drive around with a dead battery: If I stall the engine, it is time to call the tow truck.

11. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Silver Murci with black wheels on 31 in McHenry yesterday afternoon.

12. adam76

adam76 Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Saturday, Red 430, possibly a Scud, on Foster near Harlem...I was driving too fast to tell if it was a scud : )

13. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Saw a sweet Maserati Bora today. Mint condition, white with red interior. I got some crappy pics that I'll post later. :)

14. SaturnVUEguy

Oct 7, 2008
    Carol Stream, IL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Some nice spottings the past couple days.

Fri at work we got a delivery of cars, and one of them was a Chip Foose Stallion Mustang. Looks pretty slick, sounds pretty decent.

Sat I was out shopping with my wife, and we came across a really badass Mustang. It was a GT500 KR, possibly even a Super Snake. It had the right hood, wheels, sound mean as hell, the stripe on the side said GT500 KR. Saw that in the Target parking lot in St Charles on 64

Sun I went up to my parents house, and saw a later C1 Corvette on 20 headed east in Elgin, '58-'60 I'd say. Saw a nice vintage curvy Rolls Royce ('50s?) on Randall headed south through Carpentersville, a yellow Gallardo and a yellow/black Viper GTS both heading south on Randall through Algonquin, although not together.

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Silver 430 Spider on Saturday night in front of the Piper Alley on Clark.
    Sunday, Silver CGT on State and Chicago , black G Spyder with loud exhaust and horrible aftermarket wheels on Mich and Chicago and BRG Lotus Esprit V8 that needed a good wash , on michigan and Superior.

16. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Throwing ugly, cheap looking aftermarket wheels on $100k+ cars seems to be popular these days. I see it constantly in my neighborhood.

17. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I think I might have spotted the same car Sunday. He was turning onto Foster from LSD...he passed me traveling north bound on LSD. He has a aftermarket CS stripe on his front hood, but it was definitely a F430. I initially thought having a CS stripe on a F430 was odd, but it looks nice and gives it an Italian spirit. Sounded great!

18. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Talked to my friend today, turns out he snapped a pic of it. I'll try to get it on the computer.

19. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    #44 badges2, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009

When are you guys putting the Foose out (and how much are they asking)?

20. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    saw my first new California headed south on 94 near Racine Wisconsin this morning around 7:40 ... was red and they hopefully missed the speed traps about 2 miles south of where they were when I saw it.. oh, and sunday around 3:30pm I saw a while Gallardo headed north on 41 near highland park and a few minutes later a 430 headed south..on same road no pics as I was driving..an the Gallardo was really moving faster than I needed to do in Haley's truck
    Wish I took today off and drove around a little

21. SaturnVUEguy

Oct 7, 2008
    Carol Stream, IL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I'll ask about it tonight at work and call you. They'll most likely want to keep/sell the car in the Downers Grove store, like they do with all the nice cars. I'll look into it for you

Oh, and I do have pics of the Foose, if anyone wants me to, I'll put some pics up here

22. badges2

badges2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Geneva, IL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Always good to some pics!

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Was it a Red 430?
    I saw it too ,same time,turned on Clavey Rd.

24. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    on the 430, yupp.... I think I was just north of "The Last Detail" when I saw it heading south....I think....spent so much time on road yesterday it all kinda blended together, but it was definitely after the Gallardo, and before Gurnee

25. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Wow a California on the streets already!? Awesome spot!