1979 400iA Complete Parts Car | FerrariChat

1979 400iA Complete Parts Car

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by brettski, Dec 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    #1 brettski, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
    back to original plan guys...way too much work ahead of this one and there is too much rust to save her.

i will clean (...and blast and paint if desired) all parts prior to shipping, where applicable.

the 15" wheels are SlickMurphy's, Sebastien's got dib's on the rear glass, Kerim the gear selector surround is yours, Aiden i'm keeping the steering wheel because it's a perfect 308/365/400 Momo but i have a nice black split spoke Nardi if your interested. are you interested in the windsheild Preston ? the glass will obviously be very tricky but we can get 'creative' though, because we're not 'saving' her.

i apologize to those whose e-mails i did not save but if you remind me you will have first right of refusal.

i'm going to grab a couple of bits but EVERYTHING else is up for grabs, including really decent OEM exhaust centers which i could blast and paint.

thanks

2. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Brett

As I said a while back, can I have the hazard warning switch? Also, the ignition switch and key would be great! If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the offer of the Nardi, but I'll keep looking for a Momo or have mine recovered.

Cheers

Aidan

3. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    i actually assumed that the car i'm parting had the wrong wheel when i saw the Momo in it because i thought injected cars came with the Nardi...
    are you saying that the natural/brushed aluminum Momo wheel is correct in the early Series 1's ? i have a bunch of the Momo's but this one is near perfect and i promised it to my FO' HONEY...

you're the first to ask about the ignition switch and you'll be happy to hear it comes with 2 perfect Neiman's. i'll remove and test the hazard switch and get back to you regarding these items. thanks.

4. GreggG

GreggG Karting

Jul 14, 2008
    New Jersey
    #4 GreggG, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    As far as I know, the Series II 400s and 412s had the all-black wheel, the series Is had silver and leather.

I need the ignition switch because mine let me down in very embarrassing circumstances in August. Having replaced the electrical part, it still doesn't work, so I'm hot-wiring the car at the moment!

Aidan

6. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Hey Brett how is the engine? How about building a 400GT4 2+2. There ain't no substitute for more displacement!

7. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    got 'em Gregg, they're yours.

the 400i block and heads were completely disassembled today and everything looked great. it could be done easily enough...why not ?
    your motor and tranny come out tomorrow. if you're serious, give it some thought and let me know. i know you're not 'hung up' on originality.

8. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Does the car have the box tool kit?

9. kliko312

kliko312 Karting

May 21, 2008
    NLD
    Full Name:
    Graaf
    #9 kliko312, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
    Brett,

I'm looking for an ignition switch-cover, 1 red + 1 orange tail light, and a rear bumper for my 400GT. I hope you can help me out.

Thanks, Jan

10. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Would you happen to still have the dome light and the door jamb switches..mine are cracked and non-functional..thank you so much..Jacques.

11. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    the 'holy grail' ? no, sorry...i wish.

i have good lights and the rear bumper is pretty decent at a glance but i haven't removed it to see what lurks inside.
    as far as the switch cover...do you mean the 'porkchop' shaped peice with the hole for the switch that extends to the steering column ?

they are there and intact Jack ! i'll test them and, if they are functional, they're yours.

i hope the Mods are okay with this format because i had envisioned this to be a PM type scenario...however, i would rather do it this way because then we have full transperancy as to what's available and what's been spoken for. it will save everyone's time as far as asking and answering questions. for what it's worth, i think this is the type of thing that F-chat should be all about.

12. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    i believed the Series 1 steering wheel to be "silver and leather" as well, but a split spoke Nardi rather than a solid spoke Momo...who knows ?

oh, i've also got your hazard switch. thanks.

13. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If there is an extra dome light, I could use one too.

Also, a sunvisor clip.

14. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    Eric dude, i hope i won't be constantly disappointing you but...DStacey has had dibs on those since i bought this car. i didn't mention it in my original post because i called him instead. sorry. he also wants the speaker grills in the doors and, to be honest, i haven't verified either for him yet.

this is precisely what i meant by transparency in my previous post though. i hope we can continue in this 'open' format.

15. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    We're like vultures wheeling over a corpse!

16. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    One more thing, do you have the circular vent (?) cover (about 3" diameter) that goes on the right side of the passenger footwell?

Aidan

17. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    No problem. Most of the missing bits on my car are unique to the 365. Still, she keeps getting a little better and a little more correct every year...

18. kliko312

kliko312 Karting

May 21, 2008
    NLD
    Full Name:
    Graaf
    #18 kliko312, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
    Afirm Brett, the 'porkchop' part is what I'm missing on my car.

It's an eight hour drive one way for me but if you have time this weekend I'll be there.

Thanks, Jan

19. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    This is the truest and purest form of ecology..ORGAN DONATING..see how much life is given by sharing even the smallest things.."I think that ALL life is the same size no matter where we find it"..Jacques..thank you Brett.

20. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    How about the windshield washer pump & bag, what kind of shape are they in?

21. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Brett

I need one wheel lug bolt. (I assume the '84 has the same lugs.) Also, all the other 400i's have a piece of curved sheet metal under the left side of the grill on the underside of the hood. I think it is supposed to keep rain water off the alternator. I am not sure if it is bolted on or welded. If it is a bolt on piece I am interested. If available, send a pm and we can work out a deal.

Ken

22. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I put a black split Nardi (Wooden) on mine..I love it..Jacques.

23. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    #23 brettski, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. preston400i

preston400i Karting

Dec 26, 2006
    Strictly speaking, I've got a windshield, but it's got a repaired crack. If you have other interest, go for it. Taking it out is a crap shoot. I took all the glass out of my car easily by using a guitar string like a cable saw, but when I tried to pull a windshield out of another car, I broke it twice just trying to remove the trim.

I could use some front turn signal lenses...

I'm sure there are a million things that will come up as I go along.

25. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    According to the series I brochure (and owners manual) that I have, the wheel has solid spokes, although I can't tell for certain whether it is Nardi or Momo - I suspect it is a Momo. The 400 carbed car has the same wheel according to the brochure, but the 400i series II has an all-black wheel.

Aidan