Northern VA Ferrari owners | FerrariChat

Northern VA Ferrari owners

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by TheRye, Oct 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheRye

TheRye Rookie

Oct 4, 2008
    Reston, VA
    Since Ferrari of Washington is located in NOVA (Sterling) I figured there must be a few owners from NOVA here. I've met a few from MD, any Northern VA owners on here? Any meetups ongoing in the area?

2. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    There's quite a few. Personally, I live in the Vienna area just down Hunter Mill Rd. from Reston.

3. TheRye

TheRye Rookie

Oct 4, 2008
    Reston, VA
    Nice to meet you, do the locals ever get together? I see Ferraris out and about from time to time, but I've never seen anything that looked like a gathering.

4. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There are usually meets that are posted in this section. Just keep an eye on this section and you are bound meet everyone in due time. Congrats on your new F-Car!!!

5. intence

intence Karting

Jan 30, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Full Name:
    Alan
    theres a bunch in clifton

6. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There are alot of owners in the NOVA area on here, just keep checking here for events and meets.

7. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Welcome. Hope to see you at some of the local Ferrari events one day.

If you are not already a member, you might want to think about joining the FCA (Ferrari Club of America).
    The events for the Mid-Atlantic Region (MAR) of FCA are posted here:
    http://www.fca-mar.com/ClubEvents.asp

You can see all of the prior FCA-MAR 2008 events by using the Event Options feature on the web page:
    http://www.fca-mar.com/ClubEvents.asp?pDM=S&pTP=ALL&pET=.CR.FCA.FOW.GI.F1.

Also, Ferrari of Washington (FOW) is part of the "High Road Auto Group" (HRAG) and they also have an events section to their website that is updated often:
    http://www.highroadag.com/lsm/calendar/

The main FOW/HRAG website is:
    http://www.highroadag.com/fwash/

8. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Thanks for posting that info Toggie

9. 4ARI

4ARI Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Northern, VA.
    Full Name:
    Ron S.
    TheRye,
    I'm new to the area and located in Ashburn. I own an '89 Mondial T Cab and would love to get together from time to time for a gathering or coffee or something.
    Ron
    630 567-0066

10. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Rye,

Congrats on the car! Yes, we have lots of informal meets with the NoVa group. Like has been said, check here or offer up a meet, I have done a couple around F1 or coffee out in Loudoun Co. See you around!

Robert

11. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    I'm back home now and live in Alexandria. I have to PM you guys about a few issues. Would love to meet up with you guys...

Give me a couple weeks notice so I can brief the wife - we have a 9 month old and I have been on the other coast for 6 months so she doesn't take too kindly to me "disappearing" right about now - :eek:

MB

12. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I just signed up for the forum last night. I'm currently living in Sterling, VA.

13. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    you nova guys are invited to our get together at hooters in rockville from 7-9 tomorrow. only about 20 minutes from tysons after the traffic dies.

14. TheRye

TheRye Rookie

Oct 4, 2008
    Reston, VA
    Wait, what's this now? There's a time of day when the traffic doesn't suck around here? ;-)

15. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    Then you need to change the time to 9 to 11. Do you think the traffic on 270 north dies by 7?

16. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Absolutely. At least before Rockville. Montrose is the second exit.

17. DaveC20853

DaveC20853 Karting

May 22, 2006
    OK if "wannabe" owners drop by?

P.S. My fun car is red, has 2 seats and a 6 speed, sits low to the ground and will lite its tires when asked.

18. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i have a miata too.

Nicholasspeece likes this.
  19. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    hahaha! Im still surprised you can fit in that thing! Of course you do have to stick your head out of the sunroof of the Fiat to drive that one! :)

20. DaveC20853

DaveC20853 Karting

May 22, 2006
    And my other car is a mini van.

21. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Also, at 10 a.m. this Saturday, 10/18, there will be 30 to 40 people visiting FOW.
    I plan on being there with my black F430 coupe.
    Mostly BMW's and Porsche twin turbos coming by.

They will meet for an hour or so and then caravan to Summit Pint to visit the FOW-hosted Ferraris and Lamborghiniis out there for the 17th/18th/19th track days.

If you want to come by FOW for coffee and bagles, then Saturday morning around 10 a.m. would be a good time.

22. DinoDriver

DinoDriver Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Full Name:
    Bill Ebert
    The Rye,
    Also, this Friday come on out to Summit Point Raceway, http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/ , where the Ferrari Club of America, Mid-Atlantic Region (FCA-MAR) and FoW are hosting a group of about 20 wounded warriors. We'll be giving them rides from 11:00a.m. to 3:00p.m. Good chance to meet Ferrari and other sports car enthusiasts. Also on Sat, at the Rockville Civic Center, http://www.rockvillemd.gov/calendar/?DISPLAYMODE=DisplayEvent&DETAILEVENT=410588 , the FCA-MAR is joining with every other car club in the area for the largest car show in NOVA. This is a great family affair with entertainment and other goodies. So, welcome to our little corner of the Ferrari world . . . there's lots to do. Unfortunately you missed most of our driving season, except for the Toggie's trip out to Summit on Sat. Lots more coming in 2009!

Bill

23. Nikee

Nikee Rookie

Dec 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    Nikee Cheella
    Hello Ferrari owners,

Hope all are doing well...

I drive 458 and live in the Northern VA area? Any meetups ongoing in the area? Kindly share...

- Nik

24. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The FCA Mid-Atlantic is very active, look up their web address and become involved.
    There are other posts for casual meets here in this section from time to time.
    Not sure Kates in Great Falls is still having early Saturday morning meets?

pilotoCS and Nikee like this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Also Glaswerks in Sterling hosts many events or just drop by there anytime for a beer or coffee. There's often some people there handsome sick cars.
    Checkout the Instagram. Glaswerksdmv

Nikee likes this.