Crap car? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Crap car?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by aidanparte, May 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    As a 20-year-old, I'm certainly not in the target age group for those who appreciate the 400/412, but I must say that I have always found it to be astonishingly attractive. In fact, I consider it perhaps the most exotic "recent" Ferrari (aka post-Daytona), taking into account both its exotic styling and its rarity.

To me, the 400/412, the 456, and likely soon the 612 can be seen this way: those who get it get it. Those who don't are the poorer for it, because they'll never know what they were missing. Best wishes to all the 400/412 owners!

2. ferrari_fan99

ferrari_fan99 Karting

Oct 30, 2006
    England
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I've never understood the criticism of the 400, and in fact of the Mondial (okay, its styling is questionable) and the GT4 Dino. The fact is they are FERRARI's, and for me that is what matters. They were built in the same factory, designed by similar people, stitched and created by the same bunch of guys. The passion and soul of the prancing horse is as much in these Ferrari's as any other.

As a Ferrari fan, i doubt that one day will I own one, but if i did get the chance and i ended up with a 400, I wouldn't be sad. When i sat behind the wheel, I would look at that prancing horse and smile, its a Ferrari, its comfortable and has a bloody great V12 up the front there.

Don't listen to the idiots who write those books, they just don't understand the desire a Ferrari can drive into someone.

Must say, the 400 in the first post looks terrific!

3. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I read the book, and while I do agree with the author's assessment of certain cars, he's also pretentious and self-important.

His opinions are those of only one man, and shouldn't count for more than any other man's, the fact that they're in a book notwithstanding.

Personally, of all the four seater Ferraris I know, the 400/412 series would be my choice above the GT4 or Mondial. I also like the 456. Four seats, great handling, and a powerful V12 engine? What's not to like?

Of course, this, too is just one man's opinion.

4. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    What makes you so perfect you prick :(

5. 3wings

3wings Karting

Apr 7, 2008
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mike

Perfect ? Who said anything about being perfect ?

I was merely observing that books with titles like ‘Crap Cars’ or ‘Fit Birds’ and possibly even ‘You Prick’ for that matter, would always sell a few copies in the UK because of the large number of morons that dwell there.

I am most grateful for your response, Steve from Wales, since you have very thoughtfully volunteered to prove my point.

6. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke
    I am most grateful for your response, Steve from Wales, since you have very thoughtfully volunteered to prove my point.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

7. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    oh man, this is gonna be good...

8. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    LOL i just noticed you come from South Africa, and you say the UK is full of morons, look around you and especially in the mirror, yep morons everywhere you look in you part of the world.

9. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Hey, let's not let this (my!) thread degenerate any further. The 400 forum should be an oasis of civility. There are morons everywhere, including the US, S Africa and the UK. I know, as I'm British and I live in the USA.

Aidan

10. Andy T

Andy T Karting

May 31, 2004
    Sheffield - England
    Full Name:
    Andy
    In a 1988 R&T special on Ferrari Phil Hill said the 412 was his favourite all rounf Ferrari of that time - and he is no mean judge of motor cars.

11. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    OK mate point taken, i wont let this go any further on my part, sorry for the outburst.

12. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    No problem. I see you're after a 456 - they are high on my list of future Ferraris. The design is way better than the 550. There's a lovely Bicolore Scaglietti on FerrariAds, but it probably isn't much use to you over there.

That is good to know. Jody Scheckter also owned one and used to thrash it between Monaco and Maranello.

Aidan

13. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    It is a 456 GTA that i am after mate, pretty rare here.

14. 3wings

3wings Karting

Apr 7, 2008
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL...... I'm English and live in South Africa !

OK truce it is.

15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's rich Corinthian leather. :mad:

I thought this was a real car forum...

FWIW, the 400i has never been a poster car, IMO, but there is something undeniably Old World about them. I'm especially keen on the tail lights, two-mile tailpipes, neat deck line and the signature Ferrari five-spoke wheels (Cromodoras?)

16. 3wings

3wings Karting

Apr 7, 2008
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #91 3wings, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008