MAX MOSLEY BUSTED BIG TIME | Page 50 | FerrariChat

MAX MOSLEY BUSTED BIG TIME

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tonyh, Mar 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Precisely! Did the AA or RAC pipe up at all during this? Not a peep out of them. Utterly pathetic, but no surprise whatsoever. All dictators make sure their acolytes are in position to support them when needed.

Jonathan

2. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I still honestly don't understand why most of you guys thought the vote would go any onther way and I believe it's time for the promised

I told you so

Most people just don't care about what goes on with hookers.......and places that want to make it an issue will lose their race as there is currently a waiting list of places that want one, like the US for example.

3. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I am hoping that this isn't over. Bernie is getting more hostile towards Max, a lot of the clubs are pissed. And the manufacturers haven't weighed in yet. This could get a lot uglier. I hope this puke gets forced out.
    Kevin S.

4. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    NASCAR here I come.

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I agree.

But like Jesse Ventura said in Predator "son of a ***** is dug in like an Alabama tick!"

Mosley is not only a swine, he is corrupt. Andreas posted a great article about Max's history and how he literally gave away the rights to F1 for 100 years for a pittance, and was paid (personally) $300 million in return. That's why he moved to Monaco, so he didn't have to pay taxes on that money. It's clear cut corruption when you do something in your elected position in order to enrichen yourself personally, but he did it out there in the open for all to see. And given that he is corrupt, there's no reason he wouldn't do anything and everything to stay in power. He is a vindictive man and the clubs know/knew that he would retaliate if they voted against him.

The guardian polled 100 out of 200 clubs. 37% said they were voting against him, 25% said they were voting for him. 9% were undecided and the rest refused to comment. If you extrapolate that to the 222 clubs, that ought to be around 82 votes against and 55 for with 130 "other" votes. So it's very interesting that an exceptionally high percentage of those undecided votes apparently voted for him - something like 90% of the undecided folks all apparently voted for him. Strange, that. Almost unbelievable. Of course the voting process will never be exposed, who voted which way will never be exposed, and if votes were changed, not counted or whatever we will never hear the details of that.

6. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I agree completely with Eddie Jordan on this when he says that this is not a moral issue, it's a practical one. I don't think Max did anything wrong by having his little orgy. I do however think his job is now impossible so he shouldn't stay:

7. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Well, this probably means that he can finally get on with his program of forcing crate V-6 hybrid engines with about 300 net brake horsepower (for the good of the sport).

You see, Max cares so much about the reputation of F1 that he wants to make absolutely sure that the new rules will be as green as possible.

Wonderful world, no?

8. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Damon's comments on the race organizer's position vis a vis the commercial rights holder (Bernie) and the FIA are important. Some of the national organizations (UK and US for instance) are no fans of Mr. E. and are in need of support from the FIA. With Max back running the FIA where does this leave them?

9. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    from now Max Mosley is very beautiful with his suit and tie....

10. Dr JonboyG

Dr JonboyG Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Gitlin
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67961

If you're in the US and want to let AAA know it's time to leave the FIA until the Nazi's gone, you can give them a ring. if you do, remember to be polite and respectful. Their contact details are:

AAA Member Relations
    1000 AAA Drive, MS 61
    Heathrow, FL 32746
    Ph (407) 444-8402

If you belong to a different org, do the same. I've asked my dad to tell the ACM the same thing.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1000 I hope the AAA boycotts this $hitty organization.

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Calling right now.

13. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Please let us know what responce you get. I wonder how easy it'll be to find someone there who knows about the issue.

14. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    If you're not calling to vote with your feet, I seriously doubt it will even get written down......they have no business making someone’s personal life their business anyway.

A month from now this will all be forgotten, as it should have been the day after reading it and having a good chuckle.

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Nice to know that there are Nazi Sympathizers out there. Thanks for your opinion anyway, whats the term about Aholes? Everyone's got one.

16. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    How'd that call work out for you then? Promise to leave the FIA immediately did they once they knew you thought they should?

17. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Really? You'd be wrong about that - and that's not a matter of opinion, but rather one of fact.

Fact because Mosley was told that he is not welcome at the Spanish, Monaco, Turkish and Bahrain GP's. The teams overwhelmingly displayed outrage at Max's actions, and 85% of the membership of the FIA requested that Max step down, as did Bernie, who is "the man behind F1" for all intensive purposes.

So how is it that "most people just don't care about what goes on with hookers"? That's patently false.

18. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    First - on this shameful vote of confidence:

What in the world is up with the way the votes are delegated? Big organizations like the AAA, etc. only have the same one vote as some 25-member car club from Romania or someplace? Good grief - this thing sounds like it as balkanized a 3rd-world operation as the general assembly of the United Nations.

Second - on this being a political position (president of FIA) or not:

If it is not politics, then what is it??? Yes - behavior matters when you are in politics. I know of at least one elected official in the U.S. right now who is out of office because of hookers. Not calling her a hooker, but when King Edward decided to marry Wallace Simpson, he had to abdicate the throne. (Ironic, too - that the couple were always rumored to be Nazi sympathizers - but then I digress).

Third - amusing to see that perhaps old Bernie no longer carries the big stick of F1 like he used to. Or, was he just posing for his public with the letters, etc.?

19. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I think you’re letting your wishes confuse your view of the facts.

Muslim countries take dim view of prostitution publicly despite how common it is privately so the view of Turkey and Bahrain are expected in a public statement.

Spain and Monaco chose their words very carefully and all they really said was they didn’t want it to look like they were supporting anyone in the issue.

The teams refused to actually sign anything condemning Max as I recall.

It was the clubs representing 85% of FIA members not 85% of FIA members that signed a very carefully worded letter suggesting Max should resign.

So you have presented a list of …well nothing really.

The truth and the recorded fact of the matter is that 2/3 of the voting FIA representatives voted to keep Max. I’m pretty sure that 2/3 is most.

20. SRT Mike

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    You said "most people don't care what goes on with hookers".

I said you were incorrect.

Bernie has called on Mosley to step down. Bernie is most definitely "somebody" in F1.

The teams were reportedly very close to signing a letter, and all had agreed to it, except Ferrari and their sub-team, STR. Williams also held out, but the other 8 teams had all agreed. Renault, McLaren, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Red Bull are most certainly "somebodys" in F1

The clubs representing 85% of the membership of the FIA requested Max to step down. Regardless of how many votes each get, that is a majority of the representation of the FIA that asked Mosley to step down, and they are most definitely "somebody".

The king of Bahrain expressely told Mosley not to come to Bahrain for the GP. He is most certainly "somebody".

Mosley attended the Jordan rally instead of going to the Spanish GP (as would have been expected) - defusing the situation whereby the king of Spain did not want to be seen with him. Sounds to me like he doesn't approve and he is "somebody".

So despite your attempt to change your argument to "most of the FIA votes support him" (which is not in dispute), you are quite simply wrong. You said "most people don't care what goes on with hookers" and that is clearly an incorrect statement based on the facts presented above.

21. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Mike,
    You’re right, everyone is some one.

You have a list of about 12 people out of the 6 billion in the world, most of which, I'd bet less than 1% have never even heard of Max. This is an issue that actually affect the lives of what , a few hundred people? Then there are maybe 10k fans bothering to follow it? That's a small number.....because the world simply doesn't revolve around F1 or anyone in it and most people don’t care what goes on with hookers.

I took a little survey here at lunch time and couldn’t find any AAA members who had heard of Max, so 0/6 and could find no F1 fans here who cared about the hookers, so 0/9 which further leads me to believe your analysis is way off track with reality.

This whole thing couldn’t possibly be less important to the vast majority of people in the world because it’s simply not relevant.

22. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I dont give a rat's ass what he does in his private life, although I hasten to add, I wouldn't want him near my house it would de-value it.!! You apparently wouldn't care about that.

His action's have brought shame on F1 and that is the fact! ask yourself why Bernie turned on him.

I'am not afraid to admit I wanted him gone, by any means fair or foul because he is just that, FOUL.

23. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Bernie turned on him because Max was bad for business not for any moral reason. (or are they the same thing to Mr. E.?)

24. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    #1249 mk e, Jun 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
    I wouldn't...particularly if his hookers also own cheerleader outfits :rolleyes:

25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    This thread now needs to either end or become an international petition... the other options amount to pissing in the wind: phone calls are useless.

Even Ecclestone does not seem to doubt that he bribed his way to the winning vote:

"There were many people who didn't want to speak to him before. I can't think they will want to speak to him now as a result of what has happened," he said.

"Nothing has changed in that respect. Just because he gets a few clubs from Africa voting for him will not make the King of Spain want to shake his hand," Ecclestone added.

Telegraph writer Kevin Garside also derided Mosley's confidence victory, pointing out that many of those who voted for him were "from Eastern Europe, Africa and the developing world."

Source:

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080603180852.shtml