New evidence in Stepneygate | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New evidence in Stepneygate

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Sep 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I wonder if Ron Dennis will fire Ferando immediately for spilling the beans. I would.!!!!

2. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian

Seems like a clever solution for the problem FIA and Ecclestone have. They don't have to claim the drivers are innocent AND they can keep the WDC competition running (...and the cash flowing). But bad for the sport and especially bad for Ferrari if a driver who admittedly cheated won the WDC just because he's participating in some kind of witness-protection program...

3. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    ...just call him Mr. Pink!

~shahedc

4. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    If that's the case that is just BS. The two drivers benefited directly from the information in Malaysia,Monaco, Canada, Hungary and Indy.

5. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I know not everyone here will agree with me , but I think the drivers should be stripped of their points too, which would be a pity, but the only reasonable thing to do. I agree that LH worked really hard for getting where he is but his team cheated. I would especially like to see Alonshole (yes I despise him, but it has nothing to do with it in this case) stripped of his points simply because some of the things he said, like it was all him responsible for McCheaters being so fast, and giving them .6 seconds a lap, because he was doing the set up.
    According to RD himself, it is the responsibility of everyone to inform FIA (be a wistleblower) if they are aware of any wrong doing, even if it is by their own team. Given then that Alonshole and De La PINK (LOL) knew about it and did not say anything until now makes them just as guilty as the rest of the team. They may be given a pardon for the years to come in exchange for their testimony, but no one can convince me that letting LH or Alonshole become a champion with Kimi and Massa's set-ups is the right thing to do.
    It gotta suck to be in their shoes right now

6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    LOL......that's rich

7. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    well said..........

8. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    speed's coverage starting Friday will be most interesting..........thank god for comcast/tivo

9. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I don't know about this, but I wonder who would like to hire him now.
    He should go to NASCAR, where he belongs.
    And I think that the only way for Lewis Hamilton to save his dignity is to quit the McCheaters and go race for someone else, as even if he wins the WDC in the current situation, he would go down in history as the guy who won the title by cheating. Besides he is really young and if he is really as good as we all think than he would have plenty more chances to win the title again.

10. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    +1, McLaren is going down and taking Lewis and Alonso with it.

11. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    ITV has the best coverage. If you're not in the UK, maybe you can download a broadcast from somewhere. (legally, of course!)

~shahedc

12. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    If they throw McLaren out though, they won't get any new points.....

13. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The people making the offer should be Ferrari. They should take LH on board the team right now to start getting familiar with the 08 car in exchange for his testimony against the McCheater team and de la Pink and Alonshole.
    Then he would have his chance of becoming world champion next year with the true best car on the field, and this year Kimi and Massa should duke it out to the end for the second seat in the Ferrari next year.

14. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    omg... Kimi + Massa ? how can you decide whom to drop?

Massa has worked so hard, and was second to Schumacher after Barichello couldn't stand being the #2 guy any more..

Now Kimi is one of the best, and is heading in the right direction in his career with Ferrari.

Should Massa be dropped? What an insult, not quite the proper reward for all his efforts...
    And how can they drop Kimi? He has been good to Ferrari and is doing well now.

If they drop Massa, then Hamilton and Kimi would be hard to beat, if not impossible!

!Discuss!

~shahedc

15. blackenzo

blackenzo Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Peter C
    no thanks. ill stick with speedtv. ITV should change there name to LTV-LewisTV. the show is all about lewis hamburger. i wanna watch F1 not a documentary about lewis and his daddy.

16. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well, that is exactly what I am saying. If you let them fight in the remaining 5 races for their seat in Ferrari for 08 it would make for a real spectacle. Let the best man win.
    I can't really say I am impressed with either one of them this season.

17. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank

I dont think there are going to be too many here disagreeing with you as all the McCheater supporters are watching but not posting much....dont blame them, I would be hiding too. Remember we were all speculating and making up a lot of this stuff. I could smell this rat a long time ago and now we are going to be shown where the corpse of this rat lies. Cant wait for the 13th. I feel bad for Lewis as he probably knew nothing of this and now he is finding out that his 2nd father really is Lucifer. lol

18. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    but if they keep both Massa and Kimi... and then McLaren gets disqualified... where will the great Hamilton go? Surely someone must hire him, right? Not sure about Alonso.. but a 2-time world champion should get hired somewhere else too, right?

~shahedc

19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The drivers aren't whistle blowers, they were forced to testify in front of the FIA. Otherwise the FIA would have stripped them off their points.

Point in case: They kept their mouths shut in the first FIA investigation.

20. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    read my earlier post.
    He leaves McCheaters right now. Then he just gets familiar with the 08 car and doesn't race for the rest of the season and then races for Ferrari the next season. If he is as great as all think then he would have a great chance of becoming world champion with Ferrari- highest achievement possible for any F1 driver.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I just accepted a bet from a friend that McLaren will not participate in 2008. I think they're finished as a team.

Who will get Mercedes engines now? Williams?

22. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Agreed....If they are asked to testify and they dont tell all, they risk being expelled from F1 for a long time. this may also explain whey Lucifer was kissing both his drivers butts at the same time. Trying to keep his stepson happy but yet trying to give Alonshole what he wanted.

23. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    If McLaren is guilty and kicked out, will Mercedes still be allowed to compete?

Better question: can Mercedes build their own F1 cars too? After all, they're not just building engines, they've been building cars for over a 100 years, right?

~shahedc

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes
    Yes, see BMW
    Yes

25. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I did not say they were. I said that according to RD they should have done it(according to what he said about Stepney telling McCheater about the Ferrari floor). Hence they are guilty by their own principle's opinion.
    And if they kept their mouths shut then doesn't this make them just as guilty. I am no lawyer but isn't this called obstruction of justice. Also just from watching too much TV, I thought that if you were present during a crime and could do something to stop it but did not you became an accessory to the crime and just as guilty as committing it yourself.