Your favorite 4 person car? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Your favorite 4 person car?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by onyx2002, Mar 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Quattroporte
    E55
    M5

2. HeloSixx

HeloSixx Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2007
    Amelia Island FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I've had 4 people in my m3 convertible a few times... It's not to tight but if you want something that will go long distance the m5 is probably better suited.

This is my first M car and I have to say I'm quite pleased. I've got 4 usable seats, it's fast, handles great and looks tough.

One note... the convertibles back seats are fairly upright. I think the hardtop is slightly more reclined

3. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    S 55. The only car I ever regreted trading. Looking at a 600 now.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My e36 M3 coupe seated 5...which model do you own?

5. Minch00

Minch00 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Brandon McDonald
    If I could ever get one, it would be a Jaguar Super V8 Portfolio.

6. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    Admit it! The E39 M5 is one of the most fun cars to drive.

7. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    his profile says E46 M3 Convertible. They actually do have a good amount of room in the back to seat adults.

8. onyx2002

onyx2002 Karting

Jun 3, 2006
    Scenic Maricopa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Eric

Can you expand on your thoughts. I love the idea of anything that says 65AMG do you feel the S is too bloated compared to the E55?

I have searched for some of the 612 threads but owner reviews are pretty sparse. I have heard that the back seats are much improved over the 456 but I wonder what it feels like to drive around all day everyday in one...

For me on looks the DB9 with the back seat option is hard not too love, my wife loves the way the M5 and the RS4 look and I'm not about to talk her out of it!!!

9. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    My submission: Maser Qport

You say it like it's a bad thing. Nothing wrong with the Mitsubishi's, I've been driving their GTO's since '98.

10. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    The Komfort model does, but the Sport model does not.

11. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I owned a 2000 e39 M5 for 6 years and 117k miles and it was a great car...it still offers poor performance for what it cost new...now as a used car at $25k or so it offers good performance. Still, an STi and/or EVO are just as fast, handle just as well, offer AWD, get better fuel economy and cost much less to own making them a much better buy IMHO...

12. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    Personally, I have always loved the CLS55. However if it was really my dream 4 seater car, either the new Jag of the Quattroporte!

13. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

+1

14. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Quattroporte

15. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    1970 Hemi 'Cuda finished in Plum Crazy or...a Zonda F with me + three hunnies packed inside and one sitting on my lap.

16. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    The E39 M5 is just a really fun car to drive. It is so fast, and it handles great. The E60 M5 is just a monster. The sound is addicting, and it has so much power. The S65 is just a really fast car. I don't think it is too bloated. Some may think that, but once you are inside, it is actually quite comfortable. The E55 sounds really cool and is fast, but pictures of it are decieving. In person, and inside, they are kinda on the small side. I'd rather have a little too much room (S65) than have too little room (E55).

Now, all of this is just opinion from driving the cars, and spending a maximum of an hour or so in the cars. This is not an owner's opinion, merely first impressions and spending a little time in the cars.

17. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    04 Comp Orange Mustang Cobra.

18. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My 335 :D

Okay, it's really the only 4 person car I've driven. And I've only had it for a few weeks, so sue me. lol

19. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    start a new thread and post pics!!!!

20. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Haha.

I plan on it. I haven't had an opportunity to wash it since the day I picked it up. The weather's been hit and miss. All the pics I have are from the dealership. I want to hit up my works parking garage to have a small photoshoot with my roommates 350z. Shoot some video as well.

And I want to get some miles under my belt so I can give a better review (this is my first manual tranny).

So they'll be a write up in the next couple of weeks.

21. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    post pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    See profile pic. 6547 worldwide, less than half of those to CONUS. Suspension is stiff all day every day not gone soft/adaptive like XJR8's, bulletproof engine and transmission, overbuilt ECU, injectors, pistons, rods, fuel delivery system, with plenty of torque. Raise the psi to 12 1/2 with a pulley swap, let the ECU and transmission adapt, and raise hell. Almost indistinguishable from a standard model, evaluated by many insurance companies as one. A sleeper and M5 beater. Underappreciated and devalued.

If you're into mod'ing, the Eaton M112 can be retrofitted in place of the Eaton M90 with most of the system left stock. There's an engineer on one of my other boards who helped design the car with a Getrag 290 and an Eaton M112 swap in the UK that I hear will make a smile touch your ears.

23. t walgamuth

t walgamuth Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2005
    the best i have owned was my 84 500 SEC mercedes.

comfortable, pretty quick and reliable as an anvil.

back seats ok for an adult if not going to travel too far. after a couple of hours you get stiff from lack of the ability to shift around as the seats are pretty molded to one position.

cheaper to maintain than any of my mb diesels.

tom w

24. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    In order
    1. RR PHANTOM
    2. Arnage (still beats that ugly Flying Spur)
    3. Maser QP
    4. CLS
    5. Bentley CGT
    6. Hummer H1

25. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    BMW 750iL (E38)